Trump Appears To Float Third-Party Threat If GOP Won't Back Him

Scott

That would pretty much guarantee another Dem president.  No matter what idiot they run.   Can you imagine another 4 yrs of Biden, or even Harris as president.

Biden or Harris vs Desantis (or Cruz, Rubio) vs Trump = Dem win

I actually prefer things to remain as they are, or even get worse in the USA.

I know, selfish, by my friends & family have nothing to worry about, all self sufficient in their finances. 

COLA is about all I care about, and has been excellent with Dems in charge, along with exchange rate.

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Shades of Ross Perot....sinking the Republicans. A heavy independent,  if that's how Trump runs, will make the election a loosing effort for the Republicans 

Perot could afford to (and I believe did run) unfunded by political donations. Trump could not but I wish he does anyway. Ultimately I think even the majority of Trumpians would jump ship when the see he is a loser because they aren't known for adherence to principles.

Has anybody tried buying him outright?  A billion $$$ if he doesn't run, payable November 6th 2024.

On the subject of campaign finance, there was something about a 2020 campaign manager named Brad Parscale who suddenly started accumulating expensive sports cars, yachts, and so on.  He left the campaign under a cloud.  Haven't heard his name mentioned since.

Edited by bendejo

44 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Has anybody tried buying him outright?  A billion $$$ if he doesn't run, payable November 6th 2024.

On the subject of campaign finance, there was something about a 2020 campaign manager named Brad Parscale who suddenly started accumulating expensive sports cars, yachts, and so on.  He left the campaign under a cloud.  Haven't heard his name mentioned since.

Here is a Wikipedia article on him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Parscale

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ningnong said:

It's been suggested he might try this ploy. Threaten to split the party then later back another republican candidate (DeSantis?) with a guarantee of presidential pardon when elected.

Desantis accepting Trump’s support for 2024 comes with bags of risks. He will be perceived by the general population as subscribing to Trumpism politics of election denialism, anti trade and anti immigrants which have cost the GOP to lose 3 elections. It will not heal the fractures in the party. A clean cut from Trump is better for Desantis. Personally I doubt Trump has the humility to pledge his support for Desantis and beg for a pardon. Just not Trump. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Desantis accepting Trump’s support for 2024 comes with bags of risks. He will be perceived by the general population as subscribing to Trumpism politics of election denialism, anti trade and anti immigrants which have cost the GOP to lose 3 elections. It will not heal the fractures in the party. A clean cut from Trump is better for Desantis. Personally I doubt Trump has the humility to pledge his support for Desantis and beg for a pardon. Just not Trump. 

Too late, DeSantis has made a reputation of being more MAGA than Trump and is only waiting for Trump to be indicted. DeSantis won't be the nominee because his shtick won't fly outside of Magaland any more than Trump's did.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, gargamon said:

Sounds a lot like all the threats coming out of Putin.

Please Donald, do this. Split the Republican vote and guarantee some sanity in the future with Democrats guaranteed to be running things.

My biggest fear with regard to '24 is that he will split the vote an allow a Democrat to win the White House.

Hopefully his children will persuade him to let it go. I doubt anyone else can.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My biggest fear with regard to '24 is that he will split the vote an allow a Democrat to win the White House.

Starting the New Year with a crisis of faith isn’t a good look.

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If Trump stands Biden wins. History has shown that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Too late, DeSantis has made a reputation of being more MAGA than Trump and is only waiting for Trump to be indicted. DeSantis won't be the nominee because his shtick won't fly outside of Magaland any more than Trump's did.

Well, it does fly very well among Republicans. I see no reason why Desantis or someone like him won't win the nomination.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, it does fly very well among Republicans. I see no reason why Desantis or someone like him won't win the nomination.

I don't believe that's true. MAGA candidates fared much worse than other Republican candidates in the mid terms,

• Like 1