Can i actually get an extension on medical grounds to my Non O Retirement extension which is due on 22/1/23 ?

OP, there is a process for this.

@Sheryl has outlined this previously. Hopefully she can outline the details. 

OP, here is old thread with advice.

Is it possible to apply for your extension now prior to operation.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

I'm on a limb here but I'd say no. I think the medical ailment or procedure has to be fairly serious. Surgery must be scheduled and probably paperwork from reputable Bangkok, Phuket hospital and probably paid for. That or you have had it done and are recovering.

If the question is can you get an extension on top of your TR post ED post extension extension by fronting up at Pattaya immigration and telling them you're thinking of having warts burned off your penis or hair plugs I'm doubting it.

Depends on the IOs at your Imm Office, though I found them to be very accommodation, with the very few incidents that I know of.  

I would get a Dr note & show you have the finances for whatever, and simply ask.  They are not the cold hearted folks many make them out to be.

• Thumbs Up 2

2.25 In the case of receiving medical treatment, attending rehabilitation, or taking care of a patient:

A. In the case of receiving medical treatment, attending rehabilitation, or taking care of a patient: Permission shall be granted for no more than 90 days.

A. In the case of receiving medical treatment, attending rehabilitation, or taking care of a patient: (1) Must have been confirmed and requested by a physician of the hospital or state medical institution providing said treatment with full explanation about the illness, period of treatment, and the physician's opinion that the illness is an impediment to travel. (2) In the case of taking care of a patient, the applicant must have been confirmed and requested by a physician of the hospital or state medical institution providing the examination and treatment or by an embassy or consulate.

(3) In the case of caretakers who are not the parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse's children, permission shall be granted for no more than one person.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, there is a process for this.

@Sheryl has outlined this previously. Hopefully she can outline the details. 

OP, here is old thread with advice.

Is it possible to apply for your extension now prior to operation.

That is what i'm hoping to be able to do. I'm using the 65K monthly income so have to wait approx 5 days for the 12 month bank statement to arrive from Bangkok Bank and i can't apply to the bank for the statement until Wednesday.

I can see me needing the op (Turp or Rezum) pretty soon as my urination flow is getting really bad, now everything might be ok but i'm concerned that i'll need a catheter for some time and won't be able to visit the bank or Immigration.

Just trying to cover all eventualities, thanks for your post.

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Do you meet all the criteria to apply for a 12 month retirement extension of stay, if so I'd go for that, and applying 3 weeks early is not a problem.

You don't need to be on a medical extension to get medical treatment.

I will do when i get to Bangkok Bank on Wednesday for the 12 month statement.