Thai Public Health Minister Assures There Will be no Lockdown when China Re-opens Borders

snoop1130

My translation is that there will be collateral damage but the money will be worth it. Also, the problem with this recommendation of boosters is that the Thai government seems to have no plan to import the latest mRNA vaccines (they cannot be found here at this time if my info is correct), and may in fact stop imports in general and begin to rely on in-country made meds entirely. That did not go well the last time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Mr. Anutin Charnvirakul told reporters that he has decided at a meeting with the Medical Affairs Committee that Thailand will not implement any specific measures against Chinese arrivals, as the country already has effective measures in place.

Glad he's the one who decides on regulations, but he is not the one who decides. He just makes it known what his position is and the Cabinet decides on new measures, and if changes are made they are posted in the Gazzette not on Anutins Twitter feed..

37 minutes ago, NickyLouie said:

Again it's the old, fat and unhealthy dying in China.

Link and stats please to verify your post.......

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, mikebell said:

50-60% of Chinese passengers are infected based on the Italy/India experience.  The Chinese medical papers are bogus suggesting their corruption rate is even higher than Thailand's.  They deserve each other.

I doubt those travellers were tested. Hence the high percentage. Who will foot the bill if hundeds of Chinese turn up at Thai hospitals looking for treatment? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eleftheros said:

Thailand is demonstrating more common sense on this matter than much of the rest of  the world, which either means that Thailand has advanced rapidly, or that the rest of the world has regressed into farcical stupidity.

Good move by Thailand, but the tourism competitors from SE Asia are not doing any screening as well, so it remains to be seen where the Chinese would go first. There were heaps of them in Vietnam back in 2019, probably more than 50% of the tourists in Hoi An were Chinese last time when I was there.

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/travel/southeast-asia-has-no-plans-to-restrict-chinese-tourists-4555675.html

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Eleftheros said:

Thailand is demonstrating more common sense on this matter than much of the rest of  the world, which either means that Thailand has advanced rapidly, or that the rest of the world has regressed into farcical stupidity.

Let us hope so.......unusual on this forum  for anyone to accredit good decisions to Thai authorities, unless it suits their own beliefs. The rest of the world (what is that 4 or 5 countries in your estimation?).... was subject to some desperate situations due to past errors....what they try to do now is a half hearted approach, unlikely to achieve much.

13 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I doubt those travellers were tested. Hence the high percentage. Who will foot the bill if hundeds of Chinese turn up at Thai hospitals looking for treatment? 

You mean the all Chinese will not have insurance, to at least cover Covid ? ????

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Link and stats please to verify your post.......

TR, have a look on Youtube particularly a channel called China Insights.  There you will find the evidence you are looking for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

China is now threatening to retaliate in kind against any country that imposes strict incoming measures against it's citizens saying that this is a 'political move against China..

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/warnings/china-hits-back-at-international-community-over-covid-test-rule-change/news-story/ed027d19e6431e35eb42547edfaf913d

When you hear from a Murdoch's outlet about the "international community", it usually means the US and the 4 vassal states from the 5 eyes, and a handful of other countries which got coerced.

The screening in UK and EU would be pretty much symbolic anyway,  almost nobody goes there in winter.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

As for testing for the coronavirus, Mr. Anutin said it is “unnecessary,” adding if there is any medical issue, we leave it to the Department of Disease Control

Severe case of sloping shoulders by the sounds of it........

1 hour ago, lujanit said:

TR, have a look on Youtube particularly a channel called China Insights.  There you will find the evidence you are looking for.

YouTube is not where I get my news from, just like i dont get it from social media....lol, many stories made to suit certain agendas.

• Thumbs Up 1