Anutin Denies Being ‘Heir Apparent’ To Premiership After Prayut

webfact

image.jpeg

Bhumjaithai Party leader Anutin Charnvirakul, right, and Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, left. Photo: Manager Online.

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

BHUMJAITHAI PARTY leader Anutin Charnvirakul today (Jan.3) categorically dismissed speculation that he would merely wait to succeed Prayut Chan-o-cha as prime minister if the current one eventually continued to run the country for two more years after the next general election.

Anutin told reporters there will be no such thing as an “heir apparent” to the top post of government when asked whether he might possibly afford to see Prayut prolong his rule for two more years as provided by law after the nationwide election, regardless of a decisive number of MPs who may successfully endorse a partisan contestant for prime minister, so he would then take his turn to power throughout the latter half of the next House of Representatives’s four-year term.

The deputy prime minister-cum-public health minister insisted that the Bhumjaithai traditionally and automatically become core of a post-election coalition only if the second largest coalition partner, steered by de facto Bhumjaithai boss Newin Chidchob, happened to get most of the elected MPs, thus rendering the opportunity for his rising to power without sharing it with anyone else.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/01/03/anutin-denies-being-heir-apparent-to-premiership-after-prayut/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-01-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

I hope Anutin ,does not get it ,I think he is clearly xenophobic of dirty Farangs

from the West , and could make our lives more difficult , but seems in love with

the Chinese......

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Artisi said:

before either get elected, they need to win the election - but being Thailand don't worry about that as there are ways and means of ensuring that comes about. 

......and has little to do with elections.

3 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Yet, he'll require the proverbial and controlling blessing - which I doubt he'll receive.

I don't believe he's in good stead within this circle. 

We'll have to be finding someone within the inner circle club to be more suitable. 

Any viable candidates are dwindling.

Here's an idea......how 'bout opening it up to all comers in a true free and democratic fashion. 

Nah. That might completely disrupt the ongoing oligarchical rule. 

Never mind. Just thinking out loud.

Well spoken... you hit it dead right on the proverbial nail.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hotchilli said:

He has his eyes set on the top job... and he will do everything to get it.

What do you think the cannabis fiasco was all about, garnishing votes.

He has his eyes set on the top job... and he will do everything to get it.... with the help of the Chinese it will be like a walk in the park

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

He has his eyes set on the top job... and he will do everything to get it.... with the help of the Chinese it will be like a walk in the park

Has little to do with the proverbial hated Chinese.

Has everything to do with traditional Thai inner workings. 

Astounded as to how so many still don't know how things work here.

Dont sell yourself Cheap Me Health Minister, you possess all the qualities.

Loaded pockets   

Empty Brain.         

Small Dink.           

Racist and Jingoistic 

I think you will not be any less efficient since bar is too low.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I hope Anutin ,does not get it ,I think he is clearly xenophobic of dirty Farangs

from the West , and could make our lives more difficult , but seems in love with

the Chinese......

regards worgeordie

Most Thai politicians are the same unfortunately.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Has little to do with the proverbial hated Chinese.

Has everything to do with traditional Thai inner workings. 

Astounded as to how so many still don't know how things work here.

that's why we have people like you, experts in Thai politics,  remind us of the ins and outs the way things work here

Edited by Mavideol
  • Thumbs Up 1