NO amount of alcohol is safe! WHO experts warn

Social Media

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You should be proud of yourself, managing such insane self control, and on top of that, spread so much love, understanding and good karma as well positivity. 

Another QED - how drinkers like racists spend so much time trying to justify their life style their drug habits - like racists, they are all in denial.....as said before and you are just reinforcing the premise.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Another QED - how drinkers like racists spend so much time trying to justify their life style their drug habits - like racists, they are all in denial.....as said before and you are just reinforcing the premise.

I do not understand why you targeting me? Alcohol is bad, we all know it, still an independent legal decision for grown up people.

As well Im always walking early home from being out a evening. The evening is over for me when people getting drunk. 

Hope you feel better tomorrow. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

in china. south korea, japan .. the drinking is so ingrained in the culture that you can't get a promotion or keep your job if you dont drink heavily at banquets.

drinking should be isolated to bars on weekends, not forced on everybody. 

more enlightened people need to step into positions of power and get rid of these barbaric practices in the workplace in asian countries.

In Japan last year alcohol sales dropped so much that the tax department launched a campaign aimed at young peope to boost alcohol consumption.

In most countries the alcohol lobby is one of the most powerful political entities - I wonder what effect that has???????

13 hours ago, save the frogs said:

“The only time it isn’t good for you is when you write … You have to do that cold.”

Marc Bolan of T. Rex said the same. In the early days he wrote fantastical lyrics about wizards and unicorns and people believed he was influenced by narcotics. However he explained that he had to be totally drug free to create.

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, kwilco said:

In Japan last year alcohol sales dropped so much that the tax department launched a campaign aimed at young peope to boost alcohol consumption.

interesting. didnt know that.

yeah, celebrity bartenders on instagram and netflix probably funded by George Soros ... let's start a conspiracy. ha ha. 

"

Their comment — not published as a WHO-endorsed statement — was not based on new research.

Instead, it was published as a comment, using various old studies to justify their position. "

Just stick to  14-21 units a week, no more than 9 per session, don't drink three days consecutively and you'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Baht Simpson said:

"

Their comment — not published as a WHO-endorsed statement — was not based on new research.

Instead, it was published as a comment, using various old studies to justify their position. "

Just stick to  14-21 units a week, no more than 9 per session, don't drink three days consecutively and you'll be fine.

...and the source of that advice? A Drinker!

11 hours ago, kwilco said:

Be aware that globally , alcohol consumers are in the one third MINORITY. 

It is a characteristic of drinkers to see themselves ego-centrically, but their perspective is simply blinded by their choice of drug

Spoken like a defensive alcoholic.

I am a very moderate drinker yet have no problem wearing the label of "whiskey and beer consumer".

Maybe soy guzzlers ought to realize the lack of importance most alcohol consumers place on opinions of those that don't. None.

Unlike cigarettes drinking is very easy to stay well clear of and entirely personal choice.

Have a lactosoy and a run around the park with your apple watch and trendy water bottle. Worse, get your rental girlfriend to do same.

If you want a totally useless beverage that would be tea. How gay, flavored water.

Edited by SuperSilverHaze

15 hours ago, kwilco said:

Japan is indeed a lovely place to saddle into some ally bar, order up some meat on sticks and try a few sake's. Sake and sushi is second only to red wine and Italian red sauce. But beer and Mexican food is up there too. A Beer Lao and a too-spicy, too stinky papaya salad is something I could eat once a week for the rest of my life,

A friend just popped over from Kyoto with some sake brewed by monks in a temple on sacred Mount Koyasan, It actually has a discernible under-taste of granite. I feel bad for non-drinkers who have to lick a rock to taste granite. I also feel bad for people who are ordering up a charcuterie and cheese platter with a Diet Coke.

He also brought a bottle cherry branch sake with a cherry branch handpainted on the label for us to try when we go out for wagyu beef. He says cherry branch sake (no cherry flavor, just the branch) and raw wagyu is the ultimate flavor paring.

When I visit him in Kyoto this spring, he'll take me to a place where they steep persimmons in Grey Goose Vodka and serve it in glass that's also a frozen persimmon. With a sprig of jasmine smoking under a dome. I scoff at dome-smoke drinks, but I've loved every one I've had.

Extra credit thread jack: What is your favorite alcohol made my religious people?

I'll go with Chartreuse. I went through a 2 bottles of Chartreuse a year-phase for a few years (the green, not the yellow). But a browny-brown Trappist Ale is hard to beat too.

58 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Japan is indeed a lovely place to saddle into some ally bar, order up some meat on sticks and try a few sake's. Sake and sushi is second only to red wine and Italian red sauce. But beer and Mexican food is up there too. A Beer Lao and a too-spicy, too stinky papaya salad is something I could eat once a week for the rest of my life,

A friend just popped over from Kyoto with some sake brewed by monks in a temple on sacred Mount Koyasan, It actually has a discernible under-taste of granite. I feel bad for non-drinkers who have to lick a rock to taste granite. I also feel bad for people who are ordering up a charcuterie and cheese platter with a Diet Coke.

He also brought a bottle cherry branch sake with a cherry branch handpainted on the label for us to try when we go out for wagyu beef. He says cherry branch sake (no cherry flavor, just the branch) and raw wagyu is the ultimate flavor paring.

When I visit him in Kyoto this spring, he'll take me to a place where they steep persimmons in Grey Goose Vodka and serve it in glass that's also a frozen persimmon. With a sprig of jasmine smoking under a dome. I scoff at dome-smoke drinks, but I've loved every one I've had.

Extra credit thread jack: What is your favorite alcohol made my religious people?

I'll go with Chartreuse. I went through a 2 bottles of Chartreuse a year-phase for a few years (the green, not the yellow). But a browny-brown Trappist Ale is hard to beat too.

Japan is famous for their whiskey to. 

Have never been really slayed by J-whiskey. It's an expensive affectation.

But if anyone's pouring a whiskey north of 1500 baht......

Johnny Walker Double-black, the high end splurge at 7/11, is like drinking liquid smoke.

Edited by LaosLover

On 1/6/2023 at 2:23 PM, ozimoron said:

If you need to ply a date with alcohol you might need to think a little. I have an excellent social life without alcohol. Many girls in bars tell me that customers get angry if their ladies drinks aren't alcoholic.

Because we pay alcohol prices?  we don't want to pay 180 for an orange drink?  did you think about that?

Just now, ozimoron said:

It's all about you? Many girls in bars complain to me that the worst part of their job is getting drunk every night and that customers get angry if they don't want to drink alcohol. The girls frequently down fake shooters before the customer can figure it out.

Many girls complain to me about keeniow customers who sip water and orange juice and don't get into the spirit of a BAR. The girls laugh at the "I'm so pious" non-drinkers coming to their BAR. Don't drink?  no problem - stay away from the BAR. 

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Many girls complain to me about keeniow customers who sip water and orange juice and don't get into the spirit of a BAR. The girls laugh at the "I'm so pious" non-drinkers coming to their BAR. Don't drink?  no problem - stay away from the BAR. 

I'm calling BS. Plenty of customers who don't drink buy ladies drinks for the girls. I'm one of them. That's how I know they complain about customers getting angry if they don't drink alcohol.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Because we pay alcohol prices?  we don't want to pay 180 for an orange drink?  did you think about that?

Nope, you pay for they company, and they will tell you exactly what you want to hear as you expecting 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Have never been really slayed by J-whiskey. It's an expensive affectation.

But if anyone's pouring a whiskey north of 1500 baht......

Johnny Walker Double-black, the high end splurge at 7/11, is like drinking liquid smoke.

Johnny Walker have very good marketing, hence the price I believe?

Definitely agree about double black its just too smokey!

4 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Westmalle Tripel, although I've not tried Chimay blue yet. Chimay red is marvellous though. If only Henry VIII hadn't dissolved the monasteries we might now have a monk ale to compete.

Drinking is bad. 

Quiting is very torturous - just freaking insomnia drives crazy!

Solution?

Damage control! Learnt from nice ppl from Taiwan when they come from very heavy party clear'n'clean as babies. Just know your limits and take those supplements before and after. 

btw, it feels completely different when having a drink once a week than daily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

It's all about you? Many girls in bars complain to me that the worst part of their job is getting drunk every night and that customers get angry if they don't want to drink alcohol. The girls frequently down fake shooters before the customer can figure it out. What difference does it make to you what somebody else drinks?

getting drunk every night will definitely cause serious health problems for these girls.

but of course no one cares.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, LaosLover said:

and raw wagyu is the ultimate flavor paring.

you're only looking at the most benign aspect of drinking.

many people could care less about flavor pairings.

many people are drinking incessantly for hours on end because of boredom.

many people are drinking because they are psychologically tortured souls.

Edited by save the frogs