Prayut, Prawit More Likely Than Anyone Else To Become Next PM: Academic

webfact

I can see how Prayut or Prawit can end up being PM on paper... but if the numbers in parliament are too much in favour of opposition, I don't see how either of them would be able to maintain control of parliament to get anything done... and I could easily see them then having to face no confidence vote and lose those votes.   At that point he has to either resign or call another election (and calling another election so soon would not likely improve things).

there are already only 66 million Thais instead of several websites said there are 70 million...So 4 million more votes for them could make it work..

Edited by ikke1959

4 hours ago, webfact said:

PRIME MINISTER PRAYUT Chan-o-cha and Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan will be more likely to become head of government after the next general election than anyone else as far as unelected senators are concerned, according to a noted academic.

And I was so looking forward to 2023 and a fresh start.

• Haha 2

Some "politicians" have secured their space in history, like Merkel, Kim Il Sung or Mugabe. These two gentlemen have already been lucky enough to grace the very same list of destroyers ........ and it took 'em much less than 16 years, the shortest of the listed ones being Dr Angela Merkel! 

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And I was so looking forward to 2023 and a fresh start.

Requires a thorough cleansing [if you know what I mean] for any deluded fresh start to come about. 

Otherwise, it's all moot - the talk, speculation, dreamy rhetoric, etc.....

• Like 1