Special team on hunt for merciless gunman who killed British ex-pat in Pattaya

webfact

10 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

Let me play Devil's advocate for a second......lol

WE KNOW ABOUT PATTAYA!!!!!!    We all know it's actually really dirty, shady, and if I had kids I would NEVER tell them to visit.   so, this engineer knew the risks for sure.    wanted excitement?  nobody goes to Pattaya for the seafood.

Pattaya is false smiles, sure.  But if he went to, say, Udon Thani, the odds of this happening goes way down!!!!   Could happen to all of us, but Pattaya clearly offers more risk.   He knew he could have chosen Udon and didn't.  NOT his fault at all!!!!  Not blaming him at all. But I'm sure every falang in Pattaya knows it's sus.  

I read somwhere else that a lot of farangs get dispatched in the boonies too.

21 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

Let me play Devil's advocate for a second......lol

WE KNOW ABOUT PATTAYA!!!!!!    We all know it's actually really dirty, shady, and if I had kids I would NEVER tell them to visit.   so, this engineer knew the risks for sure.    wanted excitement?  nobody goes to Pattaya for the seafood.

Pattaya is false smiles, sure.  But if he went to, say, Udon Thani, the odds of this happening goes way down!!!!   Could happen to all of us, but Pattaya clearly offers more risk.   He knew he could have chosen Udon and didn't.  NOT his fault at all!!!!  Not blaming him at all. But I'm sure every falang in Pattaya knows it's sus.  

What about Pattaya ?  How many farangs are shot in Pattaya each year, maybe 2. I feel much safer here than i would in the UK, or Udon Thani.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Easier just to say that the police haven't discovered a motive yet.

Yes, or it can be as simple as it can not be disclosed as it would interfere with the investigation. You know, same thing like in UK, US and the rest of the world.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Does not send out a good message come to Pattaya Thailand and retire 

Let's hope the police can resolve this quickly and find the shooter

Plus the reason behind it 

Aaaah, this stuff happens all the time.

A few years ago a foreigner leaving a sports club (Maprachan lake) was sitting in his Porsche and shot by gunman.

Edited by Cricky

3 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

shot a 70-year old FOUR times in the back???????????????????????

in Pattaya , OF COURSE!!!!    

Well, if this doesn't say Retirement Heaven, what does?   sad how dangerous this place has become, and soon it will get much more expensive and there will be no reason to stay.  

I've lived in the Pattaya area going on 16 years and Huay Yai where the murder took place for the last eight and have never been in a dangerous situation. Unlike when I lived in the UK. It's no more dangerous here than any other area in this country. However, saying that, in the minds of the bashers, it's like Chicago in the 30s. Mind you, I'd be very surprised if any of the critics have ever been to the city.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Were careful as the offender was trained in tactical firearms ? so RTA or RTP ??

Where do you infer he was trained?  What does firearms trained entail in your mind.   Sorry your daddy couldn't or wouldn't let you shoot a gun. 

I don`t think you can say Patts is more dangerous than say , Udon . Yes , more foreigners die in Patts, but then there are many more of them than in Udon .

If you watch Thai Rath News Show , there is a lot of crime in the Udon area , much of it drug related , and guns seem to be cheap and easy to get hold of .

Bottom line is - stay away from dodgy areas and people , and don`t get into disputes with locals , particularly where money / serious loss of face is involved .

33 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Where do you infer he was trained?  What does firearms trained entail in your mind.   Sorry your daddy couldn't or wouldn't let you shoot a gun. 

TACTICAL FIREARMS !!!! I'm not an American, no reason to teach me where I lived, my daddy was not stupid enough to let a child shoot guns,  maybe yours was.

2 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Abhisha Boonsawat surrendered 9am this morning; explanation shooting occurred after an incident at an intersection. Apology made to friends and family and admitted the charges.

From Khaosod Online

spacer.png

a couple of wai's,  a week as a monk and all is forgiven -  so easy to fix-up major crimes in LOS.

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Rather spoils the outrageous and plainly ridiculous fantasy AN detective squad theories.

Sadly some of the AN members are extremely bored, their theories and hypothesis are out of this world, always good reading, keeps me in laughter.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Poor guy grabs some food to take home, not knowing he'll never make it. The random nature of things....perhaps an offhand gesture or a dirty look that wouldn't seem to be of any consequence, yet in a land where face is paramount, it's a 'capital offense' carrying the death penalty.

This is not a 'it could happen anywhere' sort of thing, as not so many nations have readily available guns. Road rage might be common, but road rage + guns is limited to places like the US, Thailand and a few others.

It's a sad reminder to those of us in Thailand (or when I visit my home country), that anger or irritation is best kept to one's self, as it isn't worth dying over. The 'other guy' might be a lunatic.

To borrow from "The Unforgiven", everything the guy ever was or would ever be, ended in an instant, and over something essentially meaningless. Life is cheap.

Or he told the guy to go F himself and paid the price.

10 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Rather spoils the outrageous and plainly ridiculous fantasy AN detective squad theories.

Whilst it very well could of been a case of road rage, to simply believe the BiB's investigation that the motive was road rage, in my opinion, is a little foolish.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Whilst it very well could of been a case of road rage, to simply believe the BiB's investigation that the motive was road rage, in my opinion, is a little foolish.   

I was rather skeptical of the road rage suggestions. But I will allow for a week to pass before admitting I was wrong. Another shoe could very well drop in the case.

I mean, does this guy literally have a loaded gun in his glovebox with just the safety on, ready for these moments ? Or did he load the gun while he followed the victim. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, NickyLouie said:

Or he told the guy to go F himself and paid the price.

From the news clip, he honked his horn and "smashed" his car. I think this probably means the victim smacked or hammer fisted the front fender with his hand as he was crossing the front of it. 

But the deceased honk the car and smash his car

There is 2 lessons here. Don't ever react to petty road incidents in foreign countries. Or even at home. Just eat it. It is not worth it.

And also. It is easy to sit here and dunk on this guy. But imagine you just had your worst day ever at work, and you are driving home. Some foreigner cuts you off, fingers you, blasts you with his horn and hammers your front fender as he drives by. You might be the one with that gun in your hand, if you are the type that owns guns. Leave your guns locked away at home. 

Edited by Harsh Jones

1 hour ago, Harsh Jones said:

There is 2 lessons here. Don't ever react to petty road incidents in foreign countries. Or even at home. Just eat it. It is not worth it.

Nope, lesson number three.

Don't be a goose on the road.

Leave your aggression at home, give yourself plenty of time for your journey.

Most of us are here on holidays or retirement, give yourself extra time to get to the bar/st room.

When I'm on the road EVERYONE has right of way. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

I mean, does this guy literally have a loaded gun in his glovebox with just the safety on, ready for these moments ? Or did he load the gun while he followed the victim. 

I suspect there are more out there than we realize,,,, no point having a gun and not using it... and keeping it with you. It is a 0.5 second job to bang a magazine in! Did I see a picture of a nice fitted case, a new toy and a desire to test it?

I am just a bit gobsmacked that he felt the right to execute someone over some trivial road rage matter..... and the translations I read from Thai News reports, gave the impression he went and admitted it as if perhaps he had run over a dog! 

And also. It is easy to sit here and dunk on this guy. But imagine you just had your worst day ever at work, and you are driving home. Some foreigner cuts you off, fingers you, blasts you with his horn and hammers your front fender as he drives by. You might be the one with that gun in your hand, if you are the type that owns guns. Leave your guns locked away at home. 

Is that what happened, I never saw that video?

The other side of the coin is the car tried to pass and then turn left in front of the bike... happens a lot. The fact that the guy feels the need to carry a gun, makes his temperament suspect. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cricky said:

Aaaah, this stuff happens all the time.

A few years ago a foreigner leaving a sports club (Maprachan lake) was sitting in his Porsche and shot by gunman.

The guy from Southampton you mean,that had stolen someone else’s boiler room from them?

Karma at its absolute finest!

Apichart told Pattaya police “I did not know the victim previously. While I was driving my car at Soi Chaiyapreuk, I was in the left lane waiting to turn. The victim, Mr. Roger, 70, who was on a motorbike, was behind me and loudly honked his horn. He also physically hit my car trying to get me to turn faster, but traffic prevented this.”

That is really really annoying when ppl do this. They want to be the judge as to when you should make a left turn into oncoming traffic. In the highest risk part of an intersection. 

of course there's no excuse for what he did. He's still dumbest one in the situation. Why not just some warning shots to put the scare in him ? Or shoot and intentionally miss ? You idiot!

That is really really annoying when ppl do this. They want to be the judge as to when you should make a left turn into oncoming traffic. In the highest risk part of an intersection. 

of course there's no excuse for what he did. He's still dumbest one in the situation. Why not just some warning shots to put the scare in him ? Or shoot and intentionally miss ? You idiot!

Yep, so much for the Thai jai yen yen and mai pben rai approach to life.....