Is full body picture a new requirement for visa extension?

ozfarang's friend's story sounds a bit off ... 

... as stated, cost of, negates interest lost

... 'well off' ... uses agent to avoid hassles & wasted time, and yet, takes a bus to Patts ... ????

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

The full body photo is to get around the need to visit immigration to get your photo taken, immigration zooms in and takes a photo of the photo, looks like you visited immigration.. All the agents used to do it, not so much nowadays.

Exactly this, when I used the agent for my yearly extensions he would always take one for me. I never visited immigration.

I was attempting to do it myself from now on, but so far, I already hate to be back in that paper and waiting game. Not to mention the new vaccine arrival nonsense (I was thinking to do some holidays again since years, cancelled already).

Likely gonna pay my original 30-35K fees again and get it sorted remotely.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 minutes ago, pomchop said:

is that legal to not put your $$ into the bank account per the rules?

Money isn't put in your account, they just link an existing savings account to your opened bank account only. Once the visa is issued it was the IO who is gonna hang for it, not the people, works like that since decades.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pomchop said:

sounds pretty shady to me...what are the penalties if you should get caught?  deportation, fine, ??.

...also if u <deleted> off somebody' like your thai girlfriend.. who knows you did this and she reports you  to immigration or even just uses it as a threat to get what she wants  it could be a real nightmare and a lot more stress?

Immigration are part of the process, an agent gets (pays) immigration to approve a visa, that otherwise doesn't meet the requirements. Its still a legal visa/extension. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pomchop said:

sounds pretty shady to me...what are the penalties if you should get caught?  deportation, fine, ??.

...also if u <deleted> off somebody' like your thai girlfriend.. who knows you did this and she reports you  to immigration or even just uses it as a threat to get what she wants  it could be a real nightmare and a lot more stress?

You got any proof of any recent foreigners being deported or facing penalties for not having funds in a bank account for Immigration irregularities?

Anyway not your problem so no need for you to worry

• Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 7:19 AM, nowhereman said:

I talked to a potential new agent about visa extension requirements and I was told that I have to submit passport, two face photos and a full body picture. The latest raised my eyebrowes and a flag. Does anyone knows anything about this.

My last three extensions required it, most recent mid-last month, normal and nothing to be concerned about.                  

On 1/8/2023 at 9:24 AM, ozfarang said:

There's no solution for corruption in LOS. A way of life. You not being a part of the problem(corruption) will not change a thing here in Thailand

Thais themselves accept it as part of getting things done if obstacle(s) are raised. A cash payment is made and magically the obstacle(s) then disappear. 

On 1/8/2023 at 9:11 AM, brianthainess said:

A lot of time? V a lot of money. It takes one full day for me, no stress I have their list which hasn't changed for 5 yrs. 15-20K saved not using an agent, for one day, once a year.  :coffee1:

Not everyone is as fit, 'young', patient and lacking in physical discomfort as you may be.  Neither is everyone as desperate to find saving about B50 per day worth the hassle!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/8/2023 at 9:14 AM, brianthainess said:
On 1/8/2023 at 8:10 AM, nowhereman said:

I see. In fact I was talking about an agent from Pattaya. Must be some Pattaya immigration thing.  

Yes it's called corruption.

Do you know what holier-then-though means?!   Have you ever taken advantage of the "advantageous systems" in Thailand in any way at all, however small and in whatever sector...ever?    

On 1/8/2023 at 10:10 AM, KannikaP said:
On 1/8/2023 at 8:56 AM, ozfarang said:

That's right. My friend is not interested in that aspect of the agent's costs, just the time saving and the hassle free issue of his visa/extension.

As I said in my previous post, he is well off

So why does he not put the meagre 800k in the bank, at low interest but at least SOME.

How do you know that he doesn't?  Many people who use agents have more than enough in the bank to do their own extensions if they had the inclination.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/8/2023 at 10:12 AM, KannikaP said:
On 1/8/2023 at 8:56 AM, ozfarang said:

That's right. My friend is not interested in that aspect of the agent's costs, just the time saving and the hassle free issue of his visa/extension.

As I said in my previous post, he is well off

But not being able to use 400k for 7 months bothers him, eh?

You're just making that up, where did he post that that was the case?

On 1/8/2023 at 10:40 AM, pomchop said:

Why would Immigration give anyone a problem for a service that they provide "officially" and benefit from? 

I've been here the best part of 30 years and I've never read, or heard of, any reports of anyone using agents for retirement extensions ever being prosecuted for it. 

Who has ever had the validity of the issuance of their extension queried after the fact?    Maybe you know of some?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 1/8/2023 at 10:47 AM, ChaiyaTH said:
On 1/8/2023 at 10:40 AM, pomchop said:

Money isn't put in your account

Yes, it is, maybe not actual cash but bank transactions are made on the account.  Every time I use an agent B800k goes in and out of my account the same day.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why would Immigration give anyone a problem for a service that they provide "officially" and benefit from?

My question is it legal?

If immigration gets into a pissing contest for whatever reason with an agent who does this i would imagine they could cause problems. As we all know rules and policies can change  at the drop of a hat in Thailand...and maybe some immigration guy is not sharing his envelopes and gets on a mr big shxt list and mr big basically take revenge.

On 1/8/2023 at 11:35 AM, Peterw42 said:

Immigration are part of the process, an agent gets (pays) immigration to approve a visa, that otherwise doesn't meet the requirements. Its still a legal visa/extension. 

Exactly.  Some people don't realise that IOs have the authority to decide who gets issued an extension. and on what terms, based on the discretion that their position affords them.