Russian invasion of Pattaya .

Social Media

My impression from the esteemed Vlad Vexler about Russians back in Russia.  

20 percent Gung Ho Putin Z fascists

20 percent strongly anti war / anti Putin regime

60 percent aggressively apolitical 

As far as the draft dodgers probably a higher percentage are anti war but probably the majority only became political when the politics came knocking at their door threatening their lives.

I'd say consider each Russian with respect initially and don't make any silly assumptions either way. Very few saints among them which you could say for any nationality.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 2

The last time I was in Pattaya was back in 2014, and the Russians were pretty much running the place back then. Then, the ruble tanked, and "poof!" - they all disappeared as though they'd been sucked into a black hole. Sounds like "everything old is new again," as the old adage goes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

I enjoy to watch Russian women having daily "smallest tooth floss string" bikini contest on Dongtan beach ????

But offset by their pot-bellied men in their speedos and 70's style swimwear????

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

But a lot of them actually support the war, even those who are fleeing. They want Putin to make Russia great again.

Without saying anything else, or take a stand for Putin, who do not want their country to be great again, cost what it takes to make it happen? 

Some people forget easily where they come from when there is another elephant in the room! 

I do not like Russians to much, but it can be said about any nationality there is to many off in one place. Especially in Pattaya.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, GypsyT said:

I enjoy to watch Russian women having daily "smallest tooth floss string" bikini contest on Dongtan beach ????

Saw lovely hottie today, perfect body, sunning herself topless. NICE.

I think the members of our Pattaya Proctological Photography Club should leave off posting photos of garbage dumps, construction sites, neglected pavements, hanging wires, etc. and start posting photos of the Russian hotties. To support the bigoted narrative, previously we've only had a careful selection of fatties. Not responsible. Our members want booties, boobies, & crotch shots! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Without saying anything else, or take a stand for Putin, who do not want their country to be great again, cost what it takes to make it happen? 

The problem is that they understand "greatness" in totalitarian, communist and military terms. Not in terms of human rights and freedoms or economic prosperity.

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seppius said:

But offset by their pot-bellied men in their speedos and 70's style swimwear????

Try not to get too fixated on those. After all, the good-looking Thai women have always been so offset since the actual 1970s. Overall, Russian men are in better shape than the average Western tourist or expat of the same age. And there are a lot of younger guys in great shape out there. We hadn't seen many of those anywhere until the Russians arrived.

18 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

I'll take them over Chinese any day of the week

And the Brits, of course. Better looking, better manners, and speak more understandable English.

But I'm starting to see some good-looking Chinese women around. No complaints.

27 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

The problem is that they understand "greatness" in totalitarian, communist and military terms. Not in terms of human rights and freedoms or economic prosperity.

The democratic experiment is a great try by the way, but really?

"Saw lovely hottie today, perfect body, sunning herself topless. NICE.

"Where where where??? Which way of beach valley ball court?

I'd love to see that too since I got used in Las Palmas' "Las Canteras" north end nude beach.

Also, Mas Palomas nude beach had plenty of eye candy.

Spanish ladies LOVE when men look at them ????

21 hours ago, BigStar said:

Try not to get too fixated on those. After all, the good-looking Thai women have always been so offset since the actual 1970s. Overall, Russian men are in better shape than the average Western tourist or expat of the same age. And there are a lot of younger guys in great shape out there. We hadn't seen many of those anywhere until the Russians arrived.

It seems there are more younger Russian men here since the war started. 

Just left Pattaya where there were lots of Russians to arrive at Koh Chang where we are also be invaded. Heading back to Issan where there are none next week. Checked online to see where the Ruble was and looks like the Russian Sanctions are not working. No wonder they are here while the Ruble is high.

23 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Money Number One in Thailand.  They will take anyone's and everyone's money here, regardless of what the global community is doing. 

I am not sure the majority of countries have imposed sanctions on Russia anyway. It is "western" nations including some NATO countries ( not Turkiye).

I don't see sanctions from South American, African or Asian nations, the majority of the world in terms of population

Edited by champers

1 minute ago, champers said:

I am not sure the majority of countries have imposed sanctions on Russia. It is "western" nations including some NATO countries ( not Turkiye). I don't see sanctions from South American, African or Asian nations.

Or Serbia and Hungary I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, champers said:

I am not sure the majority of countries have imposed sanctions on Russia. It is "western" nations including some NATO countries ( not Turkiye). I don't see sanctions from South American, African or Asian nations.

Russia finding out who is its friends.  Divide and conquer. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, champers said:

I am not sure the majority of countries have imposed sanctions on Russia anyway. It is "western" nations including some NATO countries ( not Turkiye).

I don't see sanctions from South American, African or Asian nations, the majority of the world in terms of population

Not exactly.

ALL EU.

In Asia, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan.

Also Australia and New Zealand.