Russian invasion of Pattaya .

Social Media

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Its causing incredible unity and resolve in the west.

I agree.

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It is decreasing the chances that China will China will attack Taiwan. 

Have a look at everything sitting around your home, right down to the shirt you are wearing.  

If the label says "Made in China" are you prepared to go without it, or pay 3, 4 or 5 times, possibly more, for it?   

If the answer is no, then China can invade Taiwan. 

Edited by Leaver
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2023 at 9:00 PM, Bassosa said:

They're all in denial and trying to justify their life choices. We all know that.

On a serious note. Must be Thailand's biggest taboo. That it kind of sucks to live here. Great for a holiday but to live? Huge pain in the butt. 

There are of course exceptions. Usually people that have problems fitting in back home, ie criminals and antisocials. They love it here and will always do because of the non-confrontational nature of Thai society. It's a safe haven for sh*theads of sorts.

what do you mean by "fitting in" watching goofball on Sundays and drinking beer, roasting meat?  i guess by American standards i am anti-social. glad i left.

Edited by malibukid

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

They are forcing governments / countries to chose a side, mainly based on trade, and mainly for energy.

The Russian intelligence services would have been better off blowing up a few bombs in Russia over the last few years, and blaming it on Ukraine nationalist, due to Russia's annexing of Crimea.  Basically, creating a false flag terrorist organization, thus, trying to legitimize their invasion. 

Think, the war on terror in Afghanistan, and then Saddam's weapons of mass destruction thate were never found.  It's been working for the Israeli's against the Palestinians for decades. 

Russia / Putin didn't need, or want, a UN go ahead.  That's not what this war is about. 

Remember Bush's call to arms for the "coalition of the willing?" "You are either with us, or against us." So, many countries went in.  

Russia is just trying to make countries chose a side, with the west not allowing any each way bets.  Sure, they are using energy reliance to manipulate the decisions. 

Interesting times ahead. I have no doubt Russia and China are watching western moves, with China having an eye on Taiwan. Not because they need Taiwan, but it forces countries to chose a side, and given China is the world's manufacturing hub, how can western governments sell a war against China that sees ZERO imports with the "Made in China" label to their people?  Bottom line is, the west has become reliant on China for just about every consumer item.

I can see the day coming where China will move on Taiwan, not because they need to, but just to make a statement to the west that China has now overtaken the USA and is the the biggest super power in the world, and there will be very little  the west can do about it, and when this happens, who will be right along side them, their friend, Russia. 

The sleeping dragon has awoken. 

M1's are on their way Mr. Putin.  good luck with that.

• Love It 1

Just now, Doctor Tom said:

what a cowardly way of looking at things. 

What do you suggest Thailand does then - ban Russians altogether and deny the country valuable money to help it recover ? There is no welfare state here and people need that money to live and take care of their families. Should we ban the Chinese because of their treatment of the Ughurs ? Or the US because of the Vietnam War (oh I forgot Thailand was Airstrip One to bomb them back into the stone age) ?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

5 hours ago, pomchop said:

So when all the 30 day extensions are used up and if the Russian war continues to draft and send the Russian people off to fight the war how many of the current Russian tourists will become overstays?

Probably do what all the others do... Cambodian border bounce or Air Asia somewhere. They seem to have money!

Edited by jacko45k

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Probably do what all the others do... Cambodian border bounce or Air Asia somewhere. They seem to have money!

yep but how many border bounces are allowed per year?  and sooner or later the air asia bounces will likely not please immigration if overdone....i am betting a year from now there will be a lot of overstays to be dealt with...or maybe a lot will ultimately go to cambodia and settle in there for a while....but i guess if they do have the $$ it's not that big a deal as that will get you one year visas with a proper reward to agent/immigration without too much trouble...i doubt many would want to get deported back to russia if they are not part of the putin gang....

50 minutes ago, billyo said:

What do you suggest Thailand does then - ban Russians altogether and deny the country valuable money to help it recover ? There is no welfare state here and people need that money to live and take care of their families. Should we ban the Chinese because of their treatment of the Ughurs ? Or the US because of the Vietnam War (oh I forgot Thailand was Airstrip One to bomb them back into the stone age) ?

I’m sure 7/11 will get by 

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It will be interesting to see if Thailand recognizes the young Russian men here are fleeing from conscription, and if they will make allowances to their visa policy to cater for them. 

Yes, they have access to funds, but they are well under 50 years of age.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I agree.

Have a look at everything sitting around your home, right down to the shirt you are wearing.  

If the label says "Made in China" are you prepared to go without it, or pay 3, 4 or 5 times, possibly more, for it?   

I am let’s do it let China Collapse 

27 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Yes, yes and no.   Countries have a responsibility to the rest of human kind that goes beyond their own narrow, National  self interest.  Unfortunately in this screwed up World nobody cares much, certainly not Thailand.  

Money Number One in Thailand.  That's from the individual, all the way to government.  Every part of Thai society is measured in baht, even their judicial system, which is a national disgrace. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Tourism aside, rather than join the western world with sanctions on Russia, Thailand has actually planned to increase trade with Russia. 

Thailand will be remembered for this.  

Now firmly aligned with China, Thailand is lost to western influence.   Something that may bite them in the future.  

14 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

We would do well to remember that Stalin was every bit as evil as Hitler and actually murdered more of his own people than Hitler did his own, The Russian people, through fear, lack of education, a peasants lack of intellect, means  and cowardice followed Stalin to their near destruction.  If it wasn't for western aid during WW2, lead by the UK and US, Russia would have lost the war. Putin is an admirer of Stalin, he is as evil as Stalin and any Russian citizen who colludes with him, either actively in their Military, or passively, as tourists here, has blood on their hands, whether they like it or not.  Perhaps remember this when you see them playing happy families in Big C, or admire the young females and their military age, muscle bound boyfriends on the beach. 

That OP video seems to think that Russians here is a good thing.

32 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

We would do well to remember that Stalin was every bit as evil as Hitler and actually murdered more of his own people than Hitler did his own, The Russian people, through fear, lack of education, a peasants lack of intellect, means  and cowardice followed Stalin to their near destruction.  If it wasn't for western aid during WW2, lead by the UK and US, Russia would have lost the war. Putin is an admirer of Stalin, he is as evil as Stalin and any Russian citizen who colludes with him, either actively in their Military, or passively, as tourists here, has blood on their hands, whether they like it or not.  Perhaps remember this when you see them playing happy families in Big C, or admire the young females and their military age, muscle bound boyfriends on the beach. 

Do you really believe what you are writing. (and nobody asks you for a link?).

It seems that you are a real history expert. For instance, can you enlighten us how the UK and US had led (from the Islands) Stalin in his fight at Stalingrad and around? Perhaps over the Internet links?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

I agree.

Not that simple.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

That's more than a little over the top. But Stalin's mass murdering can fairly be compared to Hitler.  Putin on the other hand is an evil genocidal war criminal but has a ways to go before Hitler territory. On an abstract level yes all Russians do have some collective responsibility for Putin's war of choice but for the majority not very much.

Like I might have a wee bit of responsibility for the US war in Iraq just for being American but not enough to lose any sleep over.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Leaver said:

They are forcing governments / countries to chose a side, mainly based on trade, and mainly for energy.

If by the forcing governments did you mean the Russians? Wondering whether they are not using the method advised once by one Nobel Peace Prize laureate by arm twisting?

However, I cannot imagine that they (the Russians) would twist arms of somebody in Israel govt, since they too did not joint the sanctions. And that despite the Jewish origin of Zelensky.

6 hours ago, malibukid said:

M1's are on their way Mr. Putin.  good luck with that.

Why would he care?  He's not the one who will be taken out by an M1.  It's the young Russian cannon fodder (no pun intended) who will pay the ultimate price. 

2 hours ago, Saanim said:

However, I cannot imagine that they (the Russians) would twist arms of somebody in Israel govt, since they too did not joint the sanctions. And that despite the Jewish origin of Zelensky.

Ah, yes, the Israeli's, "The enemy of your enemy, is your friend."  :smile:

I don’t see any problem with them visiting, and I’m sure there will be more before the next “draft”. The only problem I see is that they will be trying to extend their stays over and over again and then the money will be tight for many. It wouldn’t surprise me if they started applying for exile due to current situation in Russia or China for that matter. Unfortunately it would be almost impossible as there are very few that would qualify for jobs for foreigners. 
time will tell. 

22 hours ago, Saanim said:

If by the forcing governments did you mean the Russians? Wondering whether they are not using the method advised once by one Nobel Peace Prize laureate by arm twisting?

Half of Israel is of Russian origin, including many who are only 1/8th Jewish.

Only 1 grandparent of Jewish descent is required for Israeli citizenship under the Law of Return. There are currently efforts underway in Israel to tighten this Law.