Nearly 90% of people in China's third most populous province infected with Covid.

Social Media

China Covid: More than 88 million people in Henan infected, official says

Nearly 90% of people in Henan, China's third most populous province, have now been infected with Covid, local health officials say.

Provincial official Kan Quancheng revealed the figure - amounting to about 88.5 million people - at a press conference.

China is battling an unprecedented surge in cases after abandoning zero-Covid policies in December.

The move followed rare protests against lockdowns, quarantines and mass tests.

10 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I bet that;

a few weeks from now, when the Chinese hordes have properly cavorted around in Thailand, the number of Covid cases rise exponentially, causing the Thai healthcare system to buckle and Anutin (AKA "The Genius") to flipflop yet again.

Covid vaccine certificates will become a mandatory entry requirement, as will pre-departure test certificates, ridiculously expensive insurance policies and mask wearing.

Anybody wanna bet against me?

The Thais still haven't taken the silly masks off yet.....I still see some farang sheeple too..

• Haha 1

Awesome. They let Covid get out of control domestically and then open up the borders to infect the rest of the world again. Thanks CCP.

Let's hope the Thai healthcare system can cope because I for one will not be co-operating with lockdown measures again.

11 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I bet that;

a few weeks from now, when the Chinese hordes have properly cavorted around in Thailand, the number of Covid cases rise exponentially, causing the Thai healthcare system to buckle and Anutin (AKA "The Genius") to flipflop yet again.

Covid vaccine certificates will become a mandatory entry requirement, as will pre-departure test certificates, ridiculously expensive insurance policies and mask wearing.

Simple logic suggests that if 80-90% are infected now, they won't get covid again in "a few weeks". The current covid wave in China probably won't last more than the end of this month.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Awesome. They let Covid get out of control domestically and then open up the borders to infect the rest of the world again. Thanks CCP.

Let's hope the Thai healthcare system can cope because I for one will not be co-operating with lockdown measures again.

I didn't know that being a guest of the government of Thailand makes one  an especially entitled person. It's a good thing you're not cleaning that privilege out of a sense of self-entitlement.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes it's a very good thing. I wouldn't want to "clean" any privilege, whatever that means ????????.

Back on topic (and speaking intelligible English) presumably you support the CCP opening the borders for international travel now that they have record numbers of infected? 

I didn't notice that my voice recognition software decided that "cleaning" was what I meant, not "claiming". Here it is again:

"I didn't know that being a guest of the government of Thailand makes one  an especially entitled person. It's a good thing you're not claiming that privilege out of a sense of self-entitlement."

As for the restrictions on Chinese travelers:

I'd go with what epidemiologists recommend. Unlike some who believe that they know better.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I didn't notice that my voice recognition software decided that "cleaning" was what I meant, not "claiming". Here it is again:

"I didn't know that being a guest of the government of Thailand makes one  an especially entitled person. It's a good thing you're not claiming that privilege out of a sense of self-entitlement."

As for the restrictions on Chinese travelers:

I'd go with what epidemiologists recommend. Unlike some who believe that they know better.

Always best to proof read before posting so others have a chance of understanding you (it's preferable to stay on topic as well so I'll ignore whatever point you are clearly struggling to make).

Keeping on topic, I think they're listening more to the economists than the epidemiologists.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Always best to proof read before posting so others have a chance of understanding you (it's preferable to stay on topic as well so I'll ignore whatever point you are clearly struggling to make).

Keeping on topic, I think they're listening more to the economists than the epidemiologists.

It would have taken just a bit mental effort for most folks to construe what the those sentences meant at first. For most folks. But since you can't figure what the revised version meant, therefore, when I reply to you in the future, I will attempt  to use words of no more than 2 syllables (Sorry about that last word. Is there someone nearby who can help you with it?).

As for keeping on topic. It was you who declared that you weren't going to abide by rules that the people who run this country impose. ADD much?

59 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It would have taken just a bit mental effort for most folks to construe what the those sentences meant at first. For most folks. But since you can't figure what the revised version meant, therefore, when I reply to you in the future, I will attempt  to use words of no more than 2 syllables (Sorry about that last word. Is there someone nearby who can help you with it?).

As for keeping on topic. It was you who declared that you weren't going to abide by rules that the people who run this country impose. ADD much?

*Grammar police comments edited out*

Back on topic, I will abide by laws, but not "suggestions" or "requests" which impose on my liberty. If they wish to put their own population at risk for Chinese tourist dollars (or Yuan) that is their choice but don't expect me to voluntarily give up my freedoms to assist them. Feel free to tug your own forelock though, since you clearly respect their moral authority

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It would have taken just a bit mental effort for most folks to construe what the those sentences meant at first. For most folks.

Agreed... Its obvious what you meant, its obvious that this was a minor typo.... 

... Some people just want to ‘score the win’ rather than take on the discussion... either that, or they lack the smarts to recognise an obvious typo.... (many of us make them all the time, especially if or when typing on a phone). 

15 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I bet that;

Do they still think that the Chinese vaccines are good?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

The Thais still haven't taken the silly masks off yet.....I still see some farang sheeple too..

The standard masks do little to nothing for the current variants. Just look at China, Japan and South Korea. 

12 minutes ago, DavisH said:

The standard masks do little to nothing for the current variants. Just look at China, Japan and South Korea. 

Maybe, maybe not. Does it give some protection against the common cold, the flue etc? I think it's more than likely it does have some positive effect. If nothing else it prevents people from touching their faces as much as they normally would , which is proven to be a major source of virus transmission.

17 hours ago, Black Ops said:

Nearly 90% of people in Henan, China's third most populous province, have now been infected with Covid

This is kind of a black flag of sensationalized reporting at best

"have now been infected"

Could say the same for the village I'm in up north in Thailand

It swept thru like a fire but....

Now everyone is fine for the most part & back to living a normal life

I imagine it is the same for the 90% in Henan that were infected & now have longer lasting immunity/resistance

Edited by mania