Opinion: Nobody Won After the Recent Debacle Over Covid-19 Vaccine Proof for Entry to Thailand

webfact

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just imagine what could happen if he became the PM.....one day he would sign a deal here, then the next day cancel it...he is in my view like a serial tweeter from abroad....unhinged and self serving.

Unhinged......good call ????????

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is like watching the Three Stooges and Keystone cops...

Good comparisons, but I think of living in Thailand more like a never ending Monty Python skit on rocket fuel.  Anything (and therefore, everything) is possible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From the article:

Will any lessons be learned from this massive confusion over the past several days?

That implies that government big shots have the capacity to actually care or think about the possible consequences of their actions. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Just not reasonable, educated people making decisions. The society has progressed as far as it can. All innovation will be imported.

Same knee jerk reactions as past three years having learned nothing. No surprise really.

You got that right SuperSilverHaze, Thailand has really reached its maximum evolutionary progression but not just in politics, in everyday life as well.

The Chinese and Indians clearly won. They not only got out of showing proof of vaccination but have now had their insurance requirement cancelled. If they get sick, it appears that Thais will pay for them, now. Mainly Europeans lost. Apparently thousands canceled, some were denied to board flights, and a lot of them lost a great deal of money.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, John Drake said:

The Chinese and Indians clearly won. They not only got out of showing proof of vaccination but have now had their insurance requirement cancelled. If they get sick, it appears that Thais will pay for them, now. Mainly Europeans lost. Apparently thousands canceled, some were denied to board flights, and a lot of them lost a great deal of money.

I just cancelled my holiday to Thailand 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, peter zwart said:

Wrong, 

Winners: The surrounding countries with new tourism. Loser: Thailand with losing face and tourism.

I look at it differently. IMO Thailand ( the actual environment ) benefits if less tourists arrive in it. The way it was prior to covid was ruining every tourist destination from far too many people. If numbers get back to those in the 90s and Thailand can focus on a better experience rather than numbers, it will benefit both Thailand's environment and the tourists that do visit.

So, less tourists = a win, not a loss.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

Salerno why are you laughing I just came back from LOS a few weeks ago I am getting sick and tired of all that BS I have lived in LOS for many years I am glad to be back where I have no problems doing visa extensions or doing boarder runs or 90-day reports or 30-day reports and all the other <deleted> 

Salerno likes the laugh emoji. He uses it on many of my posts, no matter how serious the post. I sometimes wonder if he's following me around the forum to laugh at me.

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

Salerno why are you laughing

Because dummy spits are often amusing, especially when it's a reply to a quote that starts with "The Chinese and Indians clearly won."

Having lived in LOS for many years I would have thought you'd be used to the <deleted> that goes on but from the rest of your post it appears to have ground you down rather than you learning to roll with it, sorry to hear that. I hope you settle back into life in Oz.

Edited by Salerno