Thai citizens to show id.

jvs

7 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

I saw the same dude is over in the Christianity forum arguing the evils of organized religions...as he remembers them from 1970. Go figure ????

I'm still waiting for you to confirm how that urban myth was debunked decades ago, did you forget....again! 

19 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

I have seen first hand extensive links between the use of ganja and harder drugs.

Also, there are extensive extensive links saying alcoholics first drank beer and cider so we should ban them as well.

(apologies I am not the first to point this out  - what I have to read all the previous stuff?)

Edited by nglodnig

18 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Yes, I saw a classmate who took three bong hits of ganja at a party and then later that night was seen doing lines of coke. Then after doing the coke he took a hit of mescaline acid. I heard he was found earlier the next morning passed out with a needle full of heroin stuck in his arm.

What a night that was!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nglodnig said:

Also, there are extensive extensive links saying alcoholics first drank beer and cider so we should ban them as well.

(apologies I am not the first to point this out  - what I have to read all the previous stuff?)

Nah, we moved past that point and pretty much agreed (oh no!) that addictive personality types are the real problem. But if you happen to be in that class of people, it's a real problem and of course, it's a problem for society too when they move up the addiction ladder. Dimwits however continue to argue that any link was debunked decades ago so there might be an IQ link also.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Is it nonsense whether I've seen this or is it nonsense that they were?

Nonsense that you've seen it ... they  had preexisting conditions and you are a victim of propaganda.

Screenshot_20230112-072427_Google.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

I would not have expected to find anyone in this forum with an objective mind on the subject of addiction so I'm not about to play King Canute! Somebody asked me for my opinion, I gave it, if you don't like it, tough, that's your problem!

Everything I've ever read on the subject, which of late is not that much, tells me that the medical jury is out on this subject and that further research is needed. They do however say that some evidence exists to suggest marijuana use does lead to other addictive stimulants and that certainly supports the things I saw in the 1970's in the West Coast. 

Now, if anyone wants to post a link to a reliable and widely reputable and acknowledged source of medical information, such as Johns Hopkins standards or similar, I'll be happy to read it and potentially change my opinion. Ad-hoc links by hop heads to their favorite spiritual leaders, will be ignored and posters put on ignore.

The troll now frustrated shows its true colors.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wombat said:

Nonsense that you've seen it ... they  had preexisting conditions and you are a victim of propaganda.

Screenshot_20230112-072427_Google.jpg

The CDC and the VA says now, 50 years on, that more research is needed to conclude the link. But if you know more than the CDC, Veterans Affairs Hospital and most other medical researchers on this subject, I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge.

I'd like to wait and see the details on how this will be implemented, and enforced, before making my own silly comments. It seems to be about more than just age verification?

Some infrastructure will have to be established, not unlike the requirements for SIMs to be registered.

Registered vendors will be required to insert the buyers’ ID into a “device” linked with the government system and input information regarding the amount of cannabis purchased.

I'm not sure DTAM has the expertise to implement the necessary systems.

Given that over one million people have registered to grow cannabis on PlookGanja, there doesn't seem to be a lot of resistance, among Thais anyway, about sharing this interest with the "authorities"?

Edited by bamnutsak

2 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I'd like to wait and see the details on how this will be implemented, and enforced, before making my own silly comments. It seems to be about more than just age verification?

Some infrastructure will have to be established, not unlike the requirements for SIMs to be registered.

Registered vendors will be required to insert the buyers’ ID into a “device” linked with the government system and input information regarding the amount of cannabis purchased.

I'm not sure DTAM has the expertise to implement the necessary systems.

Given that over one million people have registered to grow cannabis on PlookGanja, there doesn't seem to be a lot of resistance, among Thais anyway, about sharing this interest with the "authorities"?

Yes we will see how this will pan out and i agree with the sentiment that

Many Thais have already registered and there for the government

already has all of their details.

I do thi nk that there are a lot more then a million who don't bother to

register.

Also people who buy in shops probably do not have the ability to grow it themselves.

Registering sim cards is something that i can see a use for but to register to smoke a joint?

It seems a bit silly to me but i guess bureaucrazy is what they do here.

Again when was the last time you had to give your id to buy alcohol?

I know (a)lot of Thai people who have been growing it for many years

and no matter what the law says they will just continue to do so,some is just used for cooking so no psycological effect at all.

On 1/12/2023 at 10:10 AM, jvs said:

Yes we will see how this will pan out and i agree with the sentiment that

Many Thais have already registered and there for the government

already has all of their details.

I do thi nk that there are a lot more then a million who don't bother to

register.

Also people who buy in shops probably do not have the ability to grow it themselves.

Registering sim cards is something that i can see a use for but to register to smoke a joint?

It seems a bit silly to me but i guess bureaucrazy is what they do here.

Again when was the last time you had to give your id to buy alcohol?

I know (a)lot of Thai people who have been growing it for many years

and no matter what the law says they will just continue to do so,some is just used for cooking so no psycological effect at all.

The last time I had to show my ID to buy alcohol was in a hotel in Pakistan.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 10:39 AM, nigelforbes said:

In case all that come across as prudish, I used to smoke in the 1970's and I have seen first hand extensive links between the use of ganja and harder drugs.

Presumably because they were all illegal at the time and anyone who smoked weed was hanging around people who also dabbled in other stuff. You had to mix in the underworld and interact with a dealer who had other substances available. When I was growing up the consequences of getting busted were quite scary even for cannabis.

Agree with the OP that a foreigner would have to be nuts to willingly go on a police database for buying weed in a country so famous for u turns.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Presumably because they were all illegal at the time and anyone who smoked weed was hanging around people who also dabbled in other stuff. You had to mix in the underworld and interact with a dealer who had other substances available. When I was growing up the consequences of getting busted were quite scary even for cannabis.

Agree with the OP that a foreigner would have to be nuts to willingly go on a police database for buying weed in a country so famous for u turns.

Nah! Weed was in common use amongst the 18/35 year old group from 1970 onwards, it was widely available and widely used, even in the open, in California and in Michigan. There was no underworld figures or even near underworld figures involved. In our circle of friends about 15/20% were vets who'd been in Vietnam and a couple of them were doing harder stuff, along with a French guy who migrated from weed to coke to heroin, he ended up blowing his brains out. Mostly young middle class Americans, starting out in life and careers, one an accountant, another worked a manager for Edison. One guy, Mike, worked for the City's control room watching the freeway camera's and controls. He was a sky diver freak, jumped out of planes over 200 times, on acid, you can guess what happened eventually!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 9:23 AM, bamnutsak said:

From 19 January 2023 DTAM requires all licensed dispensaries to record all sales, on paper, monthly, with the details of the licensed farm and and the purchaser's name, ID.

These are the forms, (in Thai). Seems way over the top to me, considering that one can buy alcohol anywhere, very easily, within the permitted hours, obviously.

mj form 1.jpg

mj form 2.jpg

mj form 3.jpg

On 1/14/2023 at 6:15 PM, lamyai3 said:

Just imagine if they changed the law, then went to visit all registered foreigners for a wee test.

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2023 at 3:52 PM, josephbloggs said:

Most people when they pass their driving tests drive sensibly and often can drive their whole life without an accident. However there are some people that drive like lunatics, drive dangerously and end up crashing and killing people.

Therefore we should ban cars.

What's the law on driving while high on ganja? 

On 1/11/2023 at 3:52 PM, josephbloggs said:

Most people when they pass their driving tests drive sensibly and often can drive their whole life without an accident. However there are some people that drive like lunatics, drive dangerously and end up crashing and killing people.

Therefore we should ban cars.

What's the law on driving while high on ganja? 

On 1/25/2023 at 7:02 PM, MrMuddle said:

These are the forms, (in Thai). Seems way over the top to me, considering that one can buy alcohol anywhere, very easily, within the permitted hours, obviously.

mj form 1.jpg

mj form 2.jpg

mj form 3.jpg

Alcohol causes many more deaths and should be regulated more than ganja. 

Can't really compare the two though, two totally different substances. 

• Like 2

On 1/25/2023 at 7:40 PM, BritManToo said:

Just imagine if they changed the law, then went to visit all registered foreigners for a wee test.

According to the form my wife completed on the internet, one had to have a Thai ID card to register. This may have changed since.
Plus I've never heard of a case anywhere in the world, where someone is prosecuted for an offence committed while something was legal.