Booking.com issues anybody?

Swiss1960

My last two tries to book a BKK hotel (4/5*) was unsuccessful. Both times, booking.com on desktop AND mobile told me numerous times "can not fulfill request, can not contact site, please try again in few minutes.". 
Not sure what the issue is, so just asking if somebody else has issues with the site, maybe just for BKK hotels? Both times, the direct booking through the hotel website was not only successful, but in fact few baht cheaper then through booking.com, but of course the inconvenience of having to enter all my details again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 5:52 PM, Cardano said:

booking.com and agoda.com are one and the same company with two different web sites, booking.com tends to be priced higher probably to make you think you're getting good value by booking through agoda.

Prices about same when booking.com give you price for the booking with taxes, but agoda gives you price for one night and without taxes. 

OP might use VPN?

On 1/11/2023 at 5:52 PM, Cardano said:

booking.com tends to be priced higher probably to make you think you're getting good value by booking through agoda.

I find the opposite. Booking gives you a total price on the site. Agoda often adds the taxes and service charge. Myself I book direct or use Trip Advisor which gives you many sites to choose from, ranked from cheapest to most expensive.

9 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

DO NOT USE BOOKING .CON   hopelesss company zero customer service    , they screw over  customers and hotel   often fail to book rooms but still charge You anyway

Use Agoda   in Thailand  

I disagree.  I always use booking.com and have done for many years.  Never had an issue and appreciate the Genius discount I often get.

On 1/25/2023 at 1:30 AM, Hummin said:

Prices about same when booking.com give you price for the booking with taxes, but agoda gives you price for one night and without taxes.

Agoda now has a setting you can select to always show the price including taxes, but a new one (to me anyway) is that they sometimes show the equivalent price after taking off their reward system payback.

• Thumbs Up 1

The thing that confuses me about both booking dot com and agoda is that I seem to have no option over whether the payment is charged to my credit card immediately, not until I check into the hotel, or on some date or dates in between. Just tonight, I booked a hotel in Papeete through agoda for 3 nights, and the same hotel a week later for one night. The first booking was charged immediately to my card, while the second is to be paid on date of check-in.

I’d strongly prefer to have the option of immediate payment, as that locks in the exchange rate, and I’m unsure if lots of hanging future charges might cause my card’s credit limit to be exceeded. I also think that a hotel will be more likely to honour a booking that’s been paid for.