Rise in Chinese Tourism Boosts Demand for Face Masks

webfact

"However, those arriving from China and India are still required to have Covid insurance that covers at least US$10,000 for the duration of their stay in Thailand, which also extends for seven days after their departure." 

I am confused. Recently it was only advised to have a health insurance for the peace of mind. 

• Like 1

Oh great.. The manufacturers of these masks (CP, etc) will be happy at least. I'm sure they wouldn't want to influence any policy that limits their production. ????

The masks have almost replaced the ubiquitous plastic carrier bag as the main source of litter around Thailand, sometimes a combo of carrier bags of the filthy things chucked away by the roadside, or floating in the sea.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

For many Thais......Masks are here to stay permanently..

it was interesting to see the stark difference this last week in patong. waves of people walking past and not a single mask. then out of no where a thai with the paper mache on. 

they looked so strange.

1 hour ago, stoner said:

it was interesting to see the stark difference this last week in patong. waves of people walking past and not a single mask. then out of no where a thai with the paper mache on. 

they looked so strange.

Glad I'm not in patong.  I think it shows respect.   Wife and I got  covid , positive self tests, a month ago.  It's not fun.  We are boosted with the new formula.  Wasted 2 days  each and I got it a few days after her so how do you toss that into your vacation plans?  People are going to be continuing on their travel plans sick or not.   I did have a HISO looking classy Thai lady flash me the mask on! hand gesture early on this trip.   It can't hurt.  I think some of you can hardly breath and walk at the same time so I'm sure mask is no fun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

Glad I'm not in patong.  I think it shows respect.   Wife and I got  covid , positive self tests, a month ago.  It's not fun.  We are boosted with the new formula.  Wasted 2 days  each and I got it a few days after her so how do you toss that into your vacation plans?  People are going to be continuing on their travel plans sick or not.   I did have a HISO looking classy Thai lady flash me the mask on! hand gesture early on this trip.   It can't hurt.  I think some of you can hardly breath and walk at the same time so I'm sure mask is no fun. 

so you got sick like many other times in your life. you recovered and life moves on.  sometimes vacation doesn't go as planned. 

i do not agree with you regarding respect. it is long past that point now. it's social conditioning now for the most part and not about respect or safety or prevention. 

if you want to wear a mask for your days go ahead no one is stopping you.  i would also stand beside you for your right to chose such. even though i disagree with you. 

• Like 1