Locating land owners

I found one plot by talking to a neighbor but said neighbor has a habit of playing loud music outside in the evening so I'd like to get some distance between him. I can see on https://landsmaps.dol.go.th there are 3 plots nearby that may work but I don't know how to locate the owner.  My ideas were to post a sign on their property basically asking to find the owner in exchange for finder fees or doing something similar on a property Facebook group where people sell land.

Does anyone have any better ideas? They have this great land deed app which I posted but sadly they don't included any contact information so all you know is the deed exists and is vacant but no way to contact the owner. In fact the plot I did find who had an owner worked for the local land office but he claims he doesn't know about those other ones so the land office may not be helpful either.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

plenty of land available w/RE agents or signs posted on the land - - if there is no sign, just assume it is not for sale... most people here don't want to sell their land... 

The first plot of land I found had no sign, as well as many others which I found through locals in the area. I don't understand the Thai's at all here but there are tons of land sitting around for sale and they don't even bother to advertise.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Suspect the other guy didn't want to lose a sale.  orbator should also know, as they do the tax records.

Yeah it's annoying because he works for the land office himself so I would need to go around him somehow now. Head of the village is a good idea. Not sure how to approach them though.

orbator? never heard of this.

27 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

orbator? never heard of this.

1 step above village headman/puyaiban.  1 level below Amphur office.  That's the office that sends out land taxes.

It will be the larger office in area, usually fenced, and may have the trash collection trucks parked there.

องค์การบริหารส่วนตำบล / Subdistrict Administrative Organization

Here's photo of ours, and last one in NaDi Udon Thani was about the same.  Search that on your area, in Gmaps.

image.png.3dda95d6f8cca7406fa88f32b0c7f1e5.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DodgerRodger said:

Can you not then visit the Lands Office and request to see or obtain a copy of the Chanote?  This will at least identify the owner by name.

yeah I can get the chanote number but even if I get the name it's not a complete contact. I don't know if the land office keeps contacts even but the village head may know the people if they still live in the area. What I found looking for land in Thailand is that if you talk to any given person they will know of land for sale in their immediate area but not far outside of that.

the or bor to would have their last mailing address for them to pay land tax,

the information from land office would at least have the owner's ID no, that can usually can be used to traced in the national database if you have 'contact' that can access such system, lawyer or private investigator know how to work such system, technically not legal but it can be done

in order to get the initial info from the land office, you can go up to ask the land office and say, a guy, say some name has came and offered you the plot next to your house, you're not sure if he's the legit owner, can the nice folks at the land office  check? and they'll 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

The first plot of land I found had no sign, as well as many others which I found through locals in the area. I don't understand the Thai's at all here but there are tons of land sitting around for sale and they don't even bother to advertise.

I don't doubt you. I have also found the opposite - I have called the # from signs posted and the owner didn't even remember putting the sign up on their property... it took them a couple of minutes to remember their own house for sale - - 

it seems the coming Chinese will bring not only covid but a price increase as they bring the demand.. some years ago, a Chinese guy told me that a studio apartment in Guangzhou cost $1MM - US $

• 2 weeks later...