You're so American!

Jingthing

10 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Worth a watch part one and part two :giggle:

https://youtu.be/0rR9IaXH1M0

https://youtu.be/a9UFyNy-rw4

Yeap it is a evil circle of paranoia, everyone is coming for you, and want to kill you, so need protection! That cocaine snorting alcoholic Aussie got it right! Spot on ???? 

And the audience loves it, talking about bull pie show

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Hummin said:

Yes, and also social healthcare and education for their own, but still treat contract workers lkke slaves and dirty dogs! 

That's because they are infidels, or inferior.

If they didn't NEED us to make things happen in Saudi, we'd have been treated like that too.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/24/2023 at 2:19 AM, radiochaser said:

A Hispanic friend of mine back in San Antonio, once told me, we don't speak Spanish, we speak Texican!

Well like any of us we have accents, don't get me going on the Texans they are out on their own.

As an Hispanic I speak Spanish, but I can't help when in Mexico being identified as an American because of my accent.

It's the same way in Spain none of us North or South Americans Spanish speakers have that damn annoying Spanish lisp! LOL

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

You need to watch more movies ????

I don't watch movies or films.

If you can recall Shillingbury Tales, when the Frenchman arrived in an unusual way. I rest my case.

22 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well clearly I don't meet your definition of an American, and I can probably say I have visited more countries and identify more Capital cities than you can.

Small mindedness can take many forms my friend, and I think you fit one of them!

Another sign is taking offense easily.  

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, wealthychef said:

The classic signs of being an American are ignorance, rudeness, and arrogance.  They complain about a place they paid to go visit.  They think they have something to teach the world while not being able to identify the capital city of the country they are visiting.  Etc.  

But some of us are good people ...

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 1/27/2023 at 7:15 AM, jaywalker2 said:

The question "where are you from" is one of the most annoying. Even when you tell them that you've been abroad for decades, some still insist on asking, "Yes, but where are you from originally?"

Who cares?

I find it interesting to know a persons background, call it being a genuin curious person (there is a limit how curious you can be and how intense you can bee) . Some cultures is more interesting than others of course, and most of the time, the people you meet tell who they are and where they come from if there is a common accept we are going to talk more. 

The worst when meeting people, is those who never ask a question or try to make a conversation which I find rude.

Americans is both, good to conversate, ask questions and  express themselves. Useally a good company if brought together for the evening. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I wasn't offended, I was simply responding to your ignorance.

My skin is a lot thicker than that!

So you're not offended but you seem to feel the need to try to insult me by saying I'm ignorant of something.  What is it that you think I'm ignorant of, such that you have to make this personal instead of the general comment I started with?  

1 hour ago, wealthychef said:

quite likely, as that's another American trait!  LOL

Not distinctively characteristic of the entire population. The projection of self-hatred is a growing trend, however. Seems to originate from unhappy single white women who influence "men" as well. Ann Coulter always makes me smile when she calls for the repeal of the 19th Amendment.

10 hours ago, BigStar said:

Not distinctively characteristic of the entire population. The projection of self-hatred is a growing trend, however. Seems to originate from unhappy single white women who influence "men" as well. Ann Coulter always makes me smile when she calls for the repeal of the 19th Amendment.

It's not about self-hatred in my case,  I think I'm personally wonderful.  ????   Nor is this about hating anyone at all.  Just because someone acts badly doesn't mean I hate them.  My observations are from watching actual Americans repeatedly being ignorant, arrogant and presumptive when traveling in Asia, Europe and South America, including myself at times, as compared to people from other countries.  

13 hours ago, wealthychef said:

So you're not offended but you seem to feel the need to try to insult me by saying I'm ignorant of something.  What is it that you think I'm ignorant of, such that you have to make this personal instead of the general comment I started with?  

I wasn't trying to insult you at all, but clearly your skin is a tad thinner than mine.

Painting an entire population with a single brush stroke is a bit rich. We all come in different flavors which in a country of 250m can be pretty varied for sure.

But more than likely you are a Brit, and as a devout Anglophile I love you guys but you do have some baggage yourselves in terms of 'reputation'

I think it's only only the Canadians who come out as Whiter than White Boy Scouts!

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/20/2023 at 5:02 AM, Damrongsak said:

Joel Osteen is an American preacher, televangelist, and author who has an estimated net worth of about $140 million.  Kenneth Copeland is another who is worth $760 million.  Bishop TD Jakes, David Oyedepo and Pat Robertson are worth upwards of $100 million each.  Boggles the mind.

“We just saved 100% on our taxes by switching to Jesus!”

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2023 at 12:23 AM, Walker88 said:

That 'embarrassment' inherited 6.8% unemployment and a Recession from 45. He also had to deal with an exploding deficit, made worse by the inflation-causing $7,300,000,000,000 new debt 45 ran up in a mere 4 years (37% of total US debt since 1776).

President 'embarrassment' now oversees 3.5% unemployment, +3.2% GDP growth, a FY2021 reduction in the yearly deficit (vs 45) of $350 billion and a massive $1.3 trillion drop in FY2022.

Biden also achieved a bipartisan passing of an infrastructure Bill that will rebuild the US' roads, bridges, airports and communications. Oh, and prescription drug prices---especially insulin---have been capped and reduced.

Germany should have a leader that embarrasses them as much.

Yep.

Also, the irony of a person who more than likely voted for a third-rate reality TV star/con man whose “qualifications” for the office of POTUS amounted to nothing more than decades of documented fraud and white collar crime talking about “embarrassment” can’t be overstated.

1 hour ago, fusion58 said:

Yep.

Also, the irony of a person who more than likely voted for a third-rate reality TV star/con man whose “qualifications” for the office of POTUS amounted to nothing more than decades of documented fraud and white collar crime talking about “embarrassment” can’t be overstated.

Apparently 50+ years of public/govt service does qualify one to be president either.

"In 1972, Biden defeated Republican incumbent J. Caleb Boggs to become the junior U.S. senator from Delaware. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

As an American / Yank (ON TOPIC) I don't like any career politician, as they've all failed ... miserably. ... IMHO

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Apparently 50+ years of public/govt service does qualify one to be president either.

"In 1972, Biden defeated Republican incumbent J. Caleb Boggs to become the junior U.S. senator from Delaware. "

As an American / Yank (ON TOPIC) I don't like any career politician, as they've all failed ... miserably. ... IMHO

You are soooooo American when you think money buys you wisdom and that no experience is a virtue rather than a concern. Politicians, much like my surgeons, my accountant and my women, should have experience. And no obvious ties to business. The UK has it's problems (too many to go into now), but there's no way any politician there is surviving the scandals Trump had before, during and after his thankfully short tenure. For gods sake, defrauding his own charity should have been the 'final'straw' but no, he's still knocking around. 

But a lot of Americans (thankfully not the majority) love that sort of thing; the underdog taking on the 'man', the lone gunman riding in to town to 'set things right'. The rebel without a clue 

It's a very American trate.  

Edited by johnnybangkok
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

If all career politicians failed, then how did the USA end up being the super power that it has been for decades? Surely they must have done something right?

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

USA is bigger than other Countries 

So it’s just a matter of size? Bit simplistic, isn’t it? Russia is almost twice as big as the USA, so it should be twice as powerful then, according to your logic.