You're so American!

Jingthing

8 hours ago, happydreamer said:

What does arrogance have to do with how someone spells words?  Language evolves. Thats the nature of it.  Im not really sure what point you're trying to make other than being offensive by making repeated generalizations.  

BTW, you spelled "surely" wrong.  

You love to circle the arguement dont you haha!  

10 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

I think the US settled on the dollar to worship first, and god only a distant second.

USA.... home of the worship of both simultaneously... presented as prosperity gospel.  You just can't make this sh*t up.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Some 20 years back my son went to the emergency room in the U.S. with a bad gut pain.  We didn't have health insurance at the time.  He was there about 4 hours.  Not sure if they did a CT scan or whatever.  We got a bill for somewhere around $20,000. (USD).  Due to him being under 18 and no income, most was forgiven.  Still, the Doc on duty that night cost us a couple thousand $.  And he probably didn't spend more than 1/2 hour total.

Contrast that with my visit to a Thai emergency room in October last year.  ER, x-rays, CT scan and an overnight in the Loei government hospital - about $425. at the exchange rate then.  It was an interesting experience.

If you Son became a Doctor, where would be rather work, in the USA or Thailand ?

On 1/18/2023 at 11:53 AM, Damrongsak said:

Some 20 years back my son went to the emergency room in the U.S. with a bad gut pain.  We didn't have health insurance at the time.  He was there about 4 hours.  Not sure if they did a CT scan or whatever.  We got a bill for somewhere around $20,000. (USD).  Due to him being under 18 and no income, most was forgiven.  Still, the Doc on duty that night cost us a couple thousand $.  And he probably didn't spend more than 1/2 hour total.

Contrast that with my visit to a Thai emergency room in October last year.  ER, x-rays, CT scan and an overnight in the Loei government hospital - about $425. at the exchange rate then.  It was an interesting experience.

IMO a major driver of costs in the US health system is people suing them for anything. They have to charge a lot to cover the cost of insurance.

Most countries don't have that so costs are lower.

BTW, if nurses were paid what they were worth the health system would cost waaaaay more than it does. Be grateful they choose to work for less than they deserve.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 12:31 AM, ozimoron said:

If here was every any doubt that you  are flat out racist this dispelled it.

I have tried to reach out to you and resolve this issue , but you have ignored all my attempts at a reconciliation , I have requested that you retract the allegation, but you have refused to do so .

So it remains in record that you accuse me of being a "flat out racist " on the grounds that I like a statue of Martin Luther King .

I appreciate the artistic value of a new statue of MLK and in your opinion, that makes me a racist .

You had every opportunity to retract that accusation , but as of now, it still stands 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have tried to reach out to you and resolve this issue , but you have ignored all my attempts at a reconciliation , I have requested that you retract the allegation, but you have refused to do so .

So it remains in record that you accuse me of being a "flat out racist " on the grounds that I like a statue of Martin Luther King .

I appreciate the artistic value of a new statue of MLK and in your opinion, that makes me a racist .

You had every opportunity to retract that accusation , but as of now, it still stands 

I’d suggest you PM him, or take it up with the moderators. Or maybe you should just let it go.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 12:22 AM, gamb00ler said:

USA.... home of the worship of both simultaneously... presented as prosperity gospel.  You just can't make this sh*t up.

Joel Osteen is an American preacher, televangelist, and author who has an estimated net worth of about $140 million.  Kenneth Copeland is another who is worth $760 million.  Bishop TD Jakes, David Oyedepo and Pat Robertson are worth upwards of $100 million each.  Boggles the mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cdemundo said:

I would say that most Americans think about Britain..... never.

Other than a newsworthy curiousity once in awhile, this is pretty true....There really is no reason to....

Everybody is busy just living their life in their own respective country.....

Edit note - the bold is not intentional, it just appeared by itself....

Edited by pgrahmm
bold invited itself....
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 10:39 PM, spidermike007 said:

With America's obsession of celebrity, perhaps someone like Mylie Cyrus, or Dwayne Johnson should run for persistent. 

I used to look down on Mylie Cyrus.

Then I heard her sing, talented singer and very knowledgeable about the history of popular music.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Then I heard her sing, talented singer and very knowledgeable about the history of popular music.

I've tried stalking her, but sadly she never returned my phone calls. 

Miley is smiley minus the s, because she used to smile a lot as a kid.

She is basically two different people. 

She creates crappy pop songs for teens to make money and she creates real music mostly for herself.

9 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Elect her. We need some fresh blood. Anyone would be better than the current crop. Anyone. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Elect her. We need some fresh blood. Anyone would be better than the current crop. Anyone. 

Many expats wants democrazy in Thailand, but America should be a great example of why it shouldnt.

Typical American is the true love of American wrestling, of course world champions in American sports, as well political Chaos and circus. 

Did John Wayne used to be a typical American male role model Before Rambo? 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 6:49 AM, rudi49jr said:

I think the US settled on the dollar to worship first, and god only a distant second.

No argument there.

What nation worships differently with respect to the money?

Edited by cdemundo
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO a major driver of costs in the US health system is people suing them for anything. They have to charge a lot to cover the cost of insurance.

Most countries don't have that so costs are lower.

BTW, if nurses were paid what they were worth the health system would cost waaaaay more than it does. Be grateful they choose to work for less than they deserve.

Mods, please move this if necessary

A bit off topic but relevant to this post. I heard on BBC News that the nurses in UK are on strike for 2 days (unpaid).; They get at present £35000 pa = £700 a week = Bht 28000. And some say they are going to food banks. They did not differentiate between a single mother nurse with 3 kids, renting a 3 bedroom house, and a married lady with no kids who's husband also works living in a mortgage paid house. 

33 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

No argument there.

What nation worships differently with respect to the money?

Some islam states and coutries do have free social welfare, education, healthcare and no interest allowed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2023 at 7:04 AM, In the jungle said:

Saying London, England or Paris, France as opposed to just London and Paris.

No, see, there are 16 towns or cities in the U.S. called Paris, but only one in France.  And there are 8 in the U.S. called London, but only one in England.  Only makes sense to specify.