How to get rid of normal mole that is itchy and facial moles

Lim Yuan Hai

I went to one of those skin care places in the local shopping mall.

They used a CO2 lazer to burn the mole on my face away and some small skin tags.

500 baht per location, took about 1 hour in all

About 6 years ago and no problems then or now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Your location ?

Depends how big they are.   Liquid nitrogen was my choice at the doc.   That was Udon Thani, 300 per visit, all in, with a few getting zapped / frozen.  Another was too big, and I passed on the 'digging out' suggested, that he really didn't think necessary either, as on my wrist.

If small, go treat yourself to some Swensen's Ice Cream, "take away" whether quarts or box of sandwiches, and they'll probably pack them in dry ice.   Since I don't live in UT any more, and nobody local uses nitro, I simply apply that to any 'growths' and works fine.  Just hold against skin until a bit uncomfortable, and does the trick.  If holding too long, you'll know it, it burns.

If you don't know, the nitro, (liquid or solid) freezes it, then it sort of liquefies, and disappears as a blister would.

Like the 'pen' idea from LAZ, may have to research that.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

I went to one of those skin care places in the local shopping mall.

They used a CO2 lazer to burn the mole on my face away and some small skin tags.

500 baht per location, took about 1 hour in all

About 6 years ago and no problems then or now.

It will be good if you can provide the name of skin care shop and shopping mall. 

What are the do and don't after laser? 

Can shower after laser? Can go swimming?

How many treatments or visits?  

Thank you and have a nice day!

Thank you all for your advice given.

Which is best (in term of quality and no side effect) Laser or liquid nitrogen to get rid of a mole?

Is it a Dermatologist or nurse who get rid of a mole?

We are thinking of visiting the Bangkok Christian Hospital to get rid of moles. Anyone who has a knowledge or experience about a Dermatologist and methods used at this hospital kindly advise?

Have a nice day!      

Edited by Lim Yuan Hai

1 hour ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

Thank you all for your advice given.

Which is best (in term of quality and no side effect) Laser or liquid nitrogen to get rid of a mole?

Is it a Dermatologist or nurse who get rid of a mole?

We are thinking of visiting the Bangkok Christian Hospital to get rid of moles. Anyone who has a knowledge or experience about a Dermatologist and methods used at this hospital kindly advise?

Have a nice day!      

Moles can be removed via excision, laser or (more rarely) liquid nitrogen - it very much depends on the size of the mole. Also depends on whether it needs a biopsy - if so (and an itchy mole might) then has to be excision.

Since some of th4ese are on face should note that when liquid nitrogen is used the mole changes color, forms a sort of scab and that eventually falls off i.e. using this on face would result in being very unsightly for possibly a few weeks.  I am also not sure it would be possible to adequately shield eyes, nose and mouth etc - I've not seen liquid nitrogen used on face.

For all 3 methods, only done by doctors.

I have no idea re dermatologists at BCH.

• Love It 1

8 hours ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

It will be good if you can provide the name of skin care shop and shopping mall. 

Any big shopping mall has lots of these places on a certain floor, look around

What are the do and don't after laser?

Nothing 

Can shower after laser? Can go swimming?

Yes

How many treatments or visits?

One and done  

Thank you and have a nice day!

Your making it into a bigger deal than it is.

It's a simple inpatient procedure, walk in walk out

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

how do you know if it is benign or malignant? Or if you managed to get all of it? 

If it comes back you zap it again.

Benign moles typically have a regular, round border. Cancerous moles tend to have irregular borders. If the border isn't smooth, you should get your mole checked out. Benign moles are usually one uniform color throughout.

22 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Moles can be removed via excision, laser or (more rarely) liquid nitrogen - it very much depends on the size of the mole. Also depends on whether it needs a biopsy - if so (and an itchy mole might) then has to be excision.

Since some of th4ese are on face should note that when liquid nitrogen is used the mole changes color, forms a sort of scab and that eventually falls off i.e. using this on face would result in being very unsightly for possibly a few weeks.  I am also not sure it would be possible to adequately shield eyes, nose and mouth etc - I've not seen liquid nitrogen used on face.

I frekvent dr. Anna Jaruwan at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. First time it was for a mole like outgrow on my ear, the dr. removed it with liquid nitrogen. She said it was benign.

Later I got another one on the other ear, same procedure.

About a year ago i felt like I had something not fine on the backside of my scalp and went to the dr. again. She cut it off and the biopsy showed it was malign, so one more time to Pattaya when she cut deep to the bone and luckily the new biopsy showed no more cancer. The dr. said it was skin cancer originating from to much sunshine.

I went to control after 6 month and dr. Anna said it looked fine and no more cancer there.

At the same visit she froze off some dry spots with liquid nitrogen I had on my scalp and face, some close to the nose and eye. She said the dry spots could be the beginning of skin cancer. After a few days the dry skin fell off and the skin under looked fine, a little red, now it looks like the other skin on my face.

On the 22. next month it is time for control of the latest freezing.

I live in Sisaket, so I enjoy the 600 km trip to Pattaya and the sea.

I can highly recommend Dr Anna Waruwan, but I think that she only has appointments on wednesdays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

If it comes back you zap it again.

If a mole is malignant, that is melanoma and unlike other skin cancers, very, very dangerous and potentially fatal. Nothing to mess around with or delay on, it can spread to other body organs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, perconrad said:

I frekvent dr. Anna Jaruwan at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. First time it was for a mole like outgrow on my ear, the dr. removed it with liquid nitrogen. She said it was benign.

Later I got another one on the other ear, same procedure.

About a year ago i felt like I had something not fine on the backside of my scalp and went to the dr. again. She cut it off and the biopsy showed it was malign, so one more time to Pattaya when she cut deep to the bone and luckily the new biopsy showed no more cancer. The dr. said it was skin cancer originating from to much sunshine.

I went to control after 6 month and dr. Anna said it looked fine and no more cancer there.

At the same visit she froze off some dry spots with liquid nitrogen I had on my scalp and face, some close to the nose and eye. She said the dry spots could be the beginning of skin cancer. After a few days the dry skin fell off and the skin under looked fine, a little red, now it looks like the other skin on my face.

On the 22. next month it is time for control of the latest freezing.

I live in Sisaket, so I enjoy the 600 km trip to Pattaya and the sea.

I can highly recommend Dr Anna Waruwan, but I think that she only has appointments on wednesdays.

Dr. Anna is unquestionably the best doctor for skin cancer in Thailand. But OP (1) apparently doesn't to suspect cancer/ feels sure it is not (just wants cosmetic mole removal) and (2) asks specifically for Bangkok.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Dr. Anna is unquestionably the best doctor for skin cancer in Thailand. But OP (1) apparently doesn't to suspect cancer/ feels sure it is not (just wants cosmetic mole removal) and (2) asks specifically for Bangkok.

My answer was mostly to inform that liquid nitrogen was used on my face and close to nose and eye.

23 hours ago, Sheryl said:

One of my GP's in Australia used nitrogen transported to treatment room in polystyrene cup ,dipping cotton buds and applying directly as required, many on my nose,brow and ears,no need for shielding. Other GP's used a portable "spray gun" directing a small dose where required 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 4:11 PM, Sheryl said:

Would you also recommend this doctor to laser unwanted flat small (1-5mm moles) from body and face?

I don't trust beauty clinics and their prices are insane like 100K for whole body or something. Or 1-2K per mole, etc.

I think pattaya intl hospital said 10K for removing some of the moles from the body using liquid nitrogen.

The moles I am talking about are very small and flat, so just the usual harmless ones just for cosmetic reasons.

15 minutes ago, timoti said:

The moles I am talking about are very small and flat, so just the usual harmless ones just for cosmetic reasons.

Nevus Pen. 200 Baht on Lazada. 

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHZN_enTH983TH983&tbm=vid&sxsrf=AJOqlzX6ZjcVqpZSoJNnM37V3_hAMjSGwg:1674302318305&q=nevus+pen&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj7kreXztj8AhXjF7cAHYUkBwEQ8ccDegQIDBAF&biw=1440&bih=757&dpr=1#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:3cea01f6,vid:GfjzvLZIpHc

31 minutes ago, timoti said:

Would you also recommend this doctor to laser unwanted flat small (1-5mm moles) from body and face?

I don't trust beauty clinics and their prices are insane like 100K for whole body or something. Or 1-2K per mole, etc.

I think pattaya intl hospital said 10K for removing some of the moles from the body using liquid nitrogen.

If they are bog standard moles try Thepprasit night market lady, 100 baht a mole. If that's not expensive enough give her 2,000 a mole

On 1/18/2023 at 4:10 PM, Sheryl said:

If a mole is malignant, that is melanoma and unlike other skin cancers, very, very dangerous and potentially fatal. Nothing to mess around with or delay on, it can spread to other body organs.

Indeed. With my first melanoma I was taught that the thickness (depth into the skin) was critical. The UK "wide excision" margin at the time I think was 1mm. Mine was just below but for safety they opted for the full works. Blood tests, the largest syringe I've ever seen full of some liquid that looked like it was glowing pumped into me while they then did some kind of x-ray to find the closest lymph nodes to the melanoma site. Those lymph nodes then biopsied, a wide excision (full depth and I think at least half an inch of the skin surrounding), plus 5 years (I think) of follow up visits.

In the climate we live in, ANY kind of mole that I've not seen before gets an expert opinion even if I'm almost sure it's "normal".