80 Immigration Police To Be Quizzed On Links To Chinese Grey Capitalists

webfact

Big joke: Did any of you guys do anything wrong? No?

Are you sure that you are sharing your profits with your superior officers? If not, you are in trouble. If so, you are fine. You are protected, as usual.

As you know I have to create a show for the naive amongst us. Don't worry. You won't serve any time and at worst you will be transferred. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is assuming that the ones who accept bribes from westerners are different from those who take bribes from Chinese. 

I would not be so sure that these people are different. Id bet that they are the same and if they get in trouble it might have blowback on the other stuff too.

So you your opinion is that the ones who use corruption for retirees are different from those who do it for the Chinese. So two groups of corrupt ones instead of doing both.

I think its a wait and see for the blowback.

The small omount that westeners pay out is just a fee for services rended  (tea-money) and is peanuts compared to what is changing hands by the Chinese gangsters that are currently being looked at, now if anything comes of it is another story. 

• Thumbs Up 1

80 ???????????? more like 100s + watch out for so called ccp police station crop up as they have in many western countries under disguise of help centers for students etc,  ccp ciminal organizations has no boundaries to their????Thai gov officials have no limits if you offer dollars ???????? 

Edited by Mad mick
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is what you think but what happens if all the work of guys that are corrupt get investigated and it is found they also did bad things for westerners. ?

Also even if they don't investigate it all but these guys get fired.. all of a sudden agents have no contact.. or more expensive contacts.

Instead of dismissing it so easy i think there is a change for blowback, how or what.. no clue.

Fee for service has always been the way of doing business in Thailand, that is how the officials in days gone by earned their keep and had always been accepted, however, corruption in the real sense is different, the average Thai was acceptive of the fee for service but not corruption. The trouble today is the line between fee / corruption has become blurred. 

IMHO

It's not my homeland. It's not my ethics or morals.

I've no dog in any of these fights. I don't give a poop about any politics anywhere.

I live a nice happy life here.

I play it straight and by the rules.  

And in fact it's nice to know that if I do screw up, an envelope here or there smooths the way.  Actually I prefer that to a ticket, court appearance and fine.

It's also very amusing to read about all the shenanigans by those in power from the very very top to those at the bottom motorcycle taxis.

I do think that all the flaming done by some on aseannow wastes space and shows lack of maturity.

But , just heck, just....

Ignore it

Edited by ignore it
  • Like 2

My thanks to you, Thai Immigration, for all your help during my many retirement years up in the North before leaving. Your expert "agency" services were greatly appreciated. I am sure they will remain despite what the "do-gooders" say - there is always a way around official bureaucracy when it comes to visas!

5 hours ago, ignore it said:

IMHO

It's not my homeland. It's not my ethics or morals.

I've no dog in any of these fights. I don't give a poop about any politics anywhere.

I live a nice happy life here.

I play it straight and by the rules.  

And in fact it's nice to know that if I do screw up, an envelope here or there smooths the way.  Actually I prefer that to a ticket, court appearance and fine.

It's also very amusing to read about all the shenanigans by those in power from the very very top to those at the bottom motorcycle taxis.

I do think that all the flaming done by some on aseannow wastes space and shows lack of maturity.

But , just heck, just....

Ignore it

These people are just not happy unless they have something to complain about and some perceived injustice to make them feel self righteous. They were like that before they came here, and will never change. 

51 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

These people are just not happy unless they have something to complain about and some perceived injustice to make them feel self righteous. They were like that before they came here, and will never change. 

What are you talking about?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Just wondering whether those who investigate to corrupt officers are not corrupt themselves to some degree and so on and so on...

Of course they are,that's why nothing ever gets done about it. This time they will probably have to sacrifice a few to inactive posts then it will be business as usual ????

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Initially they will be charged with violating Section 157 of the Criminal Code for allegedly demanding or agreeing to accept assets or other benefits for oneself or others and wrongfully acting or not acting in keeping with their position.

How far is the Jokester willing to go with this? Might as well just disband the entire RTP force.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Were all the cops in the picture with their backs to us, about to cross their fingers as they say “it’s not me your honour, I’m as pure as the driven snow. All the money in  backhanders and brown envelopes I took were given to the local poor children”

????

14 hours ago, Zack61 said:

80 Immigration Police To Be Quizzed 

………… and that will be the end of it. 

Presumably it will be a trivia or General Knowledge quiz. Finally, we may get to know the answer to the age old question 'How much is that doggie in the window?'

I have been reading these types of stories about corruption for the last 30 years or so, and it will still be going on when I am well and gone from this world. If you are not paying through the nose for doing things officially (eg the government officially robbing you) then its under the counter in an unofficial manner. I guess you choose what you are prepared to pay for and take it or leave it or go elsewhere? Does it go on in the West? I am sure it does too!