Greta Thunberg detained at German coal protest

Scott

41 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You can't reason with a religious or political zealot. Climate change deniers walk among us.

Here is a problem with a lot of you.  You can believe in climate change but don't ever have to like ( or actually act like a junior high school girl in love with ) Greta.  Do you or  several other posters ever even imagine this??  I mean can you actually conceive this?  You equate any negative thought on Greta by someone as that person being a religious or political zealot? I mean do you actually believe this?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Aylesham said:

No accomplishments, really? Repeated media reports suggest the opposite.

Repeated media reports says it all really.

Remember the old days?

We bought either the morning or evening edition of the same newspaper each day and we sat down to the same 6:00 pm tv channel news.

Now it is 24/7 tv on a continual loop, 1,000 internet "newspapers" or MSM.

98% of news today is opinion or page filler & 2% factual.

Journalists have been replaced by reporters.

Original articles replaced by cut and paste.

To me, Greta's "accomplishments" probably sit in the page filler category????????

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

When internal combustion engines are replaced with less polluting alternatives, there will be no single factor behind that transition, but a whole range of reasons.

The actions of ballsy young people like GT will have played their part as they intend. See the likes of groups such as 38 Degrees, for example.

I googled the 3 degrees group.

They had some terrific songs.

Sure wasn't aware those songs contained hidden messages.????????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

You can't reason with a religious or political zealot. Climate change deniers walk among us.

So you know me?  You know my beliefs?  You must be all knowing.  I never said anything about Climate Change or Climate Change Deniers.  Also, you know for a fact that I am a “:religious zealot”? Wow, You are impressive. 

I comment without the need to call people names.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Here is a problem with a lot of you.  You can believe in climate change but don't ever have to like ( or actually act like a junior high school girl in love with ) Greta.  Do you or  several other posters ever even imagine this??  I mean can you actually conceive this?  You equate any negative thought on Greta by someone as that person being a religious or political zealot? I mean do you actually believe this?  

Well said.  Doesn’t take much to name call anyone who disagrees with your paradigm.  This happens too often.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

What about the GT bashing? Is that not at least equivalent? If you can't avoid mentioning her name when discussing climate change then you deserve derision.

So now you are equivocating? So no accomplishments or being famous for being famous is “bashing”?  Great then in your paradigm I am a Greta Thurnberg “brasher”.  Not disagreeing with you because this is your opinion.  

• Like 1

Just now, sqwakvfr said:

So now you are equivocating? So no accomplishments or being famous for being famous is “bashing”?  Great then in your paradigm I am a Greta Thurnberg “brasher”.  Not disagreeing with you because this is your opinion.  

Her accomplishments including bring greater awareness to the climate change crisis and calling out those who work against change. The fact that climate change deniers like you know who she is is a definite achievement.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I kno0w exactly what your beliefs are. You couldn't have made them plainer.

Really, then who did I vote for in the last POTUS election?  Do I own a Red Hat? Do I belong to the NRA?  Do I deny that CO emissions negative impact global climate?   A small sample of comments does not define a person. 

• Like 1

Just now, sqwakvfr said:

Really, then who did I vote for in the last POTUS election?  Do I own a Red Hat? Do I belong to the NRA?  Do I deny that CO emissions negative impact global climate?   A small sample of comments does not define a person. 

This thread is about climate change. You made your opinion clear.

• Like 2

Just now, RuamRudy said:

Why can her promotion of the climate emergency not be cited as a major accomplishment? Others have done so in the past, but now is her time. She has galvanised and inspired a generation of people around the world in a way that nobody else is currently managing to do. More power to her elbow!

Can this be quantified? So she change the minds of an entire generation all over the world?  Even in China? 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

What about the GT bashing? Is that not at least equivalent? If you can't avoid mentioning her name when discussing climate change then you deserve derision.

I don't recall seeing any GT bashing.

Maybe you are getting hot under the collar and need to chill out.

Climate change can do that to you.????????

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Why can her promotion of the climate emergency not be cited as a major accomplishment? Others have done so in the past, but now is her time. She has galvanised and inspired a generation of people around the world in a way that nobody else is currently managing to do. More power to her elbow!

What are the names of these people who have been galvanised and inspired?

A generation?

Really?????????

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I didn't. Again don't misquote me.

Really:  “You can't reason with a religious or political zealot. Climate change deniers walk among us.”  So this is not your comment?

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 1