Greta Thunberg detained at German coal protest

Scott

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

She doesn't have to change any minds. She only has to encourage people not to vote for politicians who resist climate change. That's her main message and she's wildly successful at it. Every fool knows you can't change the mind of a zealot climate change denier.

Now you know who other people vote for?

Amazing.????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

It was a staged event.  She was smiling while the Polizei was carrying her to the bus.  They then stopped to pose for the cameras and she then did a thumbs up while in the bus.  She looks more and more like someone who is interested in the “Kardashian” syndrome:  Being famous for being famous without any accomplishment(s).  

She’s an environmental campaigner, she knows the value of being photographed being arrested by the police.

Clearly the police haven’t learned the lesson of not handing protestor’s campaign material, or perhaps they have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

Here is a problem with a lot of you.  You can believe in climate change but don't ever have to like ( or actually act like a junior high school girl in love with ) Greta.  Do you or  several other posters ever even imagine this??  I mean can you actually conceive this?  You equate any negative thought on Greta by someone as that person being a religious or political zealot? I mean do you actually believe this?  

Actually I equate it to something else that is neither religious or political.

Here’s the very positive thing about GT, she brings on board support for environmentalism from all ages, millions pay attention.

Even her detractors can’t avert their eyes, adding their own comments on social media and amplifying the reach of her campaign.

So, thank you for your contribution.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Name one quantifiable thing she has done to reduce the effects of climate change?  Do not say she has the raised the awareness of the effects of climate change because many have done this for a long time. 

She’s brought millions into the discussion on climate change which has a direct impact on the politics of dealing with climate change.

A remarkable achievement for a young woman who has no hands on the levers of political power. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Name one quantifiable thing she has done to reduce the effects of climate change?  Do not say she has the raised the awareness of the effects of climate change because many have done this for a long time. 

She's inspired hope to millions, increased pressure on governments and inspired scientists to help effect change. 

Speaking as a climate change scientist who has been working on this issue for 20 years and saying the same thing for 20 years, she is getting people to listen, which we have failed to do,” said Saleemul Huq, director of the International Centre for Climate Change & Development in Bangladesh.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

She's a global superstar for the world's youth.  Her takedown of Andrew Tate on Twitter was a joy!  More power to her. ????

Actually, referring to other people's genitalia on social media is crass, childish and unsophisticated. At the age of 20, I'd expect her to know better.

No doubt if Tate had referred to the size of Thunberg's genitalia you'd be clutching your pearls about the horror of it all. Double standards yet again.

49 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Can this be quantified? So she change the minds of an entire generation all over the world?  Even in China? 

Of course she can. The fact that she is such a well known figure, instantly recognisable as the face of concerned youth, is testament to the fact that she inspires others.

As for quantifying her appeal, I am not a marketer so I cannot give metrics, but she is undoubtedly recognisable as a media face of concerned youth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, proton said:

Can the little girl explain how human activity is responsible for global warming when Co2 is 0.04% of the atmosphere and 97% of that is natural.? 

That's 3rd grade school stuff: CO2 Makes Up Just 0.04% of Earth's Atmosphere. Here's Why Its Impact Is So Massive

Yes I'm sure she knows, she went to school

1 minute ago, sqwakvfr said:

Yes you stated it in your response to what I had commented?  If you did not direct it at me then you should have prefaced it.  

It was not a response to you and my comment as general. If you believe you fit the description that's on you.

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Actually, referring to other people's genitalia on social media is crass, childish and unsophisticated. At the age of 20, I'd expect her to know better.

No doubt if Tate had referred to the size of Thunberg's genitalia you'd be clutching your pearls about the horror of it all. Double standards yet again.

Wow, you sound super woke. Were you offended by her reference to his penis? I thought Tate supporters were all tough guys.  Funny.

Whereas it is no doubt acceptable for a grown man to bully a woman online knowing his toxic "fans" would pile in. 

He's a pathetic man and it was a superb putdown.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

It was not a response to you and my comment as general. If you believe you fit the description that's on you.

If it was not a response to what I had commented then why use the term “zealot” without knowing anything about who or what I am.  I know absolutely nothing about you nor do I ever want to know.  I have never used the term “zealot” or “denier” in regards toanything you have commented on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

Wow, you sound super woke. Were you offended by her reference to his penis? I thought Tate supporters were all tough guys.  Funny.

Whereas it is no doubt acceptable for a grown man to bully a women online knowing his "fans" would pile in. 

He's a pathetic man and it was a superb putdown.

I have no issue as long as it's consistent.

I just object to the double standards. Had Tate remarked on the size of Thunberg's vagina I am sure people's attitudes would have been totally different and the hand wringing would have started. It's the hypocrisy that I don't like.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

If it was not a response to what I had commented then why use the term “zealot” without knowing anything about who or what I am.  I know absolutely nothing about you nor do I ever want to know.  I have never used the term “zealot” or “denier” in regards toanything you have commented on.

Any person who repeatedly argues that climate change is overblown as an issue or outright false or denies that it is caused by human activities can be fairly labelled a zealot in exactly the same way as creationists can be likewise described.

The science is in and that ship has sailed.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Any person who repeatedly argues that climate change is overblown as an issue or outright false or denies that it is caused by human activities can be fairly labelled a zealot in exactly the same way as creationists can be likewise described.

The science is in and that ship has sailed.

Ah, when did I ever say Climate Change was overblown?  When did I ever say it was false and when did I ever deny it?  Or did you mean someone else while responding to my comment? 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sqwakvfr said:

Ah, when did I ever say Climate Change was overblown?  When did I ever say it was false and when did I ever deny it?  

I didn't. I replied to you with a generalisation. You can either agree with the generalisation or not as you wish.

35 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It was an amazing take down, he got what he deserved. ????

But nothing to do with this topic. Maybe next time he ask's her for her email address he'll be a little more polite............oooops he can't. He's in prison being investigated for rape, human trafficking and organized crime, oh and his cars, they've been seized........lol

"Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg has won the internet’s admiration yet again, with her response to a controversial media personality known for his misogynistic and far-right comments, Andrew Tate, on Wednesday. The two engaged in a war of words on the microblogging platform Twitter, where Tate seemingly took a jibe at Thunberg while flexing the number of supercars he owns and asked for her email id"

Small d*** energy': Greta Thunberg responds to Andrew Tate's supercar flex  on Twitter. He replies. - Trending News

https://www.wionews.com/trending/small-d-energy-greta-thunberg-responds-to-andrew-tates-supercar-flex-on-twitter-he-replies-547631

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1