Greta Thunberg detained at German coal protest

Scott

19 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Irrelevant. I vote for the political parties who promise to do the most to combat climate change. Arguments in the same vein as your question like I flew to Thailand on a jet are just childish, as an example.

Climate change can only be halted by collective action. It is an international problem because we all live on the same planet. I believe this single truth is the reason so many deny it is a problem.

Climate change has been happening since the world was formed, it cannot be halted, and there is virtually nothing we can do to affect it.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, proton said:

Climate change has been happening since the world was formed, it cannot be halted, and there is virtually nothing we can do to affect it.

Yep, the Dinosaurs found that out, and they never did anything wrong, except create huge clouds of methane gas.................:cowboy:

1 hour ago, proton said:

Can the little girl explain how human activity is responsible for global warming when Co2 is 0.04% of the atmosphere and 97% of that is natural.? 

She doesn't have to, the scientific community has.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, proton said:

Manmade climate change is new and happening at an alarming pace.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Manmade climate change is new and happening at an alarming pace.

Yet the evidence is nowhere to be found, it's claims have always been debunked when looked at. Like the famous '96% of scientists agree global warming is directly attributed to human activity', even spouted by Obama. When re examined the 20 years of papers showed less then half a percent. The manmade climate change claim is just  a money making scam.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

More to do with the puppeteer pulling the strings of a mentally disturbed child IMHO.

Now she's an adult she should be charged and jailed like all the other 'environmental' terrorists.

Charges and jailed for what crime?

What puppeteer? 

What mental disturbance?

Old men denigrating assertive young women expressing opinions has a long history, it’s a thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Millions? Possibly?  Discussion? Yes.  More and more people, companies and governments are discussing the negative effects of Climate Change.  But what has actually been done?  Every solution to combat climate change has its pluses and minuses.  No one solution is perfect.  The majority of the informed world realizes our lives will have to change to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Even a “zealot” like myself realizes this.  But I believe she has been given too much credit “for moving the needle”.  Also, a screaming teenager is never a good look.  But that is now in the past because Ms. Thurngberg is now 20 years old.  She is now fair game for criticism because she is now an adult.  “If you can’t stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen”.  This was said by Franklin Delano Rossevelt.  

I am not a climate change denier(as erroneously stated by someone else) but change of this magnitude cannot be done overnight.  At this point in the world burning fossil fuels is the only way to fly 300 people over the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean in a matter of hours.  Also, as much as Electric Vehicles are great they are not readily viable to all.  I was offered a chance to rent a Tesla for my next trip to Los Angeles by Hertz at the same rate as a gasoline powered mid size car but I declined.  Mainly because of the lack of charging stations in the area where I will be.  Also, i have a few road trips planned in California and Arizona and the last thing I want to do is :run out of juice” on Interstate 10 between Palm Springs and Arizona because this part of the world is a “large and vast desert”.  I might rent an EV possibly in 5 or 10 years from now but not today or tomorrow.  

Let me introduce you to a concept.

’Marginal Gains’.

Lots has been done and is being done.

GT is doing her bit to raise public support for more to be done.

5 minutes ago, proton said:

Yet the evidence is nowhere to be found, it's claims have always been debunked when looked at. Like the famous '96% of scientists agree global warming is directly attributed to human activity', even spouted by Obama. When re examined the 20 years of papers showed less then half a percent. The manmade climate change claim is just  a money making scam.

All the high ups supporting climate change alarmism seem to be buying beachfront property, despite proclaiming a 10m sea level rise in their lifetimes. Seems they don't even believe what they say.

The banks (not known for risk taking home loans) still seem to be giving 30 year mortgages on seafront properties and the insurance companies (even less risk averse) will still insure such properties.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

All the high ups supporting climate change alarmism seem to be buying beachfront property, despite proclaiming a 10m sea level rise in their lifetimes. Seems they don't even believe what they say.

The banks (not known for risk taking home loans) still seem to be giving 30 year mortgages on seafront properties and the insurance companies (even less risk averse) will still insure such properties.

That's because the sea level is rising at levels generally imperceptible to the human eye. Climate change is far more than just sea levels. Many deniers claim it's not happening because they can't see it or touch it even if it touches them.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Climate change is far more than just sea levels. Many deniers claim it's not happening because they can't see it or touch it even if it touches them.

I claim I don't care because I'll be dead of old age before it happens (if it is actually happening). How much of your electricity are you generating?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

18 minutes ago, proton said:

Yeah a weedy child was a crew member, some people will believe anything

Because your childish opinion when you obviously didn't read the link or watch the videos in them makes it so much more credible.............lol 

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Because your childish opinion when you obviously didn't read the link or watch the videos in them makes it so much more credible.............lol 

Why do you think this obvious publicity stunt had anything to do with global warming?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That's because the sea level is rising at levels generally imperceptible to the human eye. Climate change is far more than just sea levels. Many deniers claim it's not happening because they can't see it or touch it even if it touches them.

Yet we were told the ice caps are melting sea levels would have been far higher by now, then again in the 1970's we were warned about an ice age killing millions by 2000

experts predicting new ice age

Edited by proton
  • Love It 1

Just now, proton said:

An opportunity to stamp her feet and shout at people again with no facts or evidence.

Oh so now you remembered there was a purpose to the Atlantic crossings and they were everything to do with Global Warming. Congratulations

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Another outright lie. 

Such vitriol with it too, what a lovely man.

Well, does she live in a cave, or does she have central heating at home. I guess she rides a push-bike to get to her meetings too.....:cool: 

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So, unless climate activists wear feral animal skins and walk everywhere you feel free to label them as hypocrites?

Yes...

Does this girl and followers forgo everything to do with what could add to global warming, I don't know, but sounds like some here may....:cowboy:

• Like 2