Proposal would see Thailand continue with relaxed entry rules for tourists

webfact

Should do six months for the favored countries on arrival like Mexico or three plus three in country extension like Colombia, then restrict going back in during that calender year (to six months total), like Colombia.

Why not?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Just now, Wuvu2 said:

The government is pushing on the wrong end of the string. The average tourist only stays in Thailand 2.8 days. By imposing a MINIMUM stay requirement Thailand could be back to pre-covid tourism income in a heartbeat. 

Spend money for at lest seven days - then you are welcome to leave. I can't believe they didn't think of this sooner ???? 

That sounds pretty crazy.

• Haha 1

and last week what was it ?

the biggest cluster I have ever seen here 

and these people will be back in power no matter how the Thai people vote 

it really is a joke - nobody is laughing - how do the Thai people get rid of these clowns ? - I know how but it will not be pretty unfortunately 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On one hand they want to ease the tourist visa and with the other hand they make restrictions like 300 THB entry fee... I changes but keep it 30 days and no entry fee. People who want to stay longer can apply for a 3 month visa... Same as a Schengenvisa for example...

This extension should normally have an impact on the number of applications for a 60-day Tourist Visa at Thai Embassies abroad.  Because who would go through the trouble of applying for such a Visa, when you can enter Thailand WITHOUT any Visa and receive a 45 day Permit to Stay on entry?  And those that do want to stay longer can apply for a 30-day extension at any Thai Immigration office for 1.900,- THB. 

So it's only when you plan to stay between 75 and 90 days in Thailand, that a 60-day Tourist Visa would now make any sense to apply for.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

'have an impact on the number of applications for a 60-day Tourist Visa at Thai Embassies abroad.  

Yes In our case the Thai embassy in Manila is a 3 hour trip away. They take 2 working days to issue one so you need to stay one night in an over priced hotel, all for an extra 15 days. They also want lots of supporting paperwork. 

We had 2 a year for 7 years Pre Covid but no more as long as this continues

• Thanks 2