18 year old cyclist killed as car flies off bridge - she was three months pregnant

webfact

dFQROr7oWzulq5Fa5BtzFTJdhxMomAY3vQ1eETtnkZjtuGXFWESOarCADibNCRn06yA.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Lamlukka police and rescue services responded after a car flew off the down ramp of a bridge on the Pahonyothin to Lamlukka Road inbound at 7 pm last night.

The black Toyota Vios had hit a tree and a young lady on a bicycle outside the KNC Safety Glass company.

The airbags deployed on the car that was very badly damaged. Rescue services had to gain acces to the injured driver who was later named as 27 year old Cherngam Limprasert.

She was bloodied with head wounds and was taken to CTS hospital in Klong 8.

Nearby was the tragic scene of a dead lady and her damaged bicycle.

It was Yupharat from Korat. Her husband Chunpaen, 21, and other relatives were distraught at the scene.

A nearby grocer said that Yupharat was a regular customer who had just popped in to buy a mosquito coil a few seconds before, reported Thai Rath.

They didn't have their usual banter as she was busy cutting up chicken. Moments later she heard the sounds of a collision.

She understood that the victim was 3 months pregnant.

Police said that a blood alcohol sample of the driver would be taken as they investigate what happened. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-01-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

19 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

I really don't get karma. You can be walking on a deserted road at 3 a.m. and out of nowhere a car or truck will come along and ram right into you. It could have crashed anywhere... but no... it has to crash in the only place that has life. I have nothing but sorrow for this young lady and her unborn child. What a waste. Karma sucks

It's a myth 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

I really don't get karma. You can be walking on a deserted road at 3 a.m. and out of nowhere a car or truck will come along and ram right into you. It could have crashed anywhere... but no... it has to crash in the only place that has life. I have nothing but sorrow for this young lady and her unborn child. What a waste. Karma sucks

In Thailand, before crossing, or walking on, a street. Look left, right, in front, behind and up!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

My condolences ???? to her family. A freak accident but was the driver impaired and could it have been prevented.

Of course it could have been prevented. The driver could have prevented it. R.I.P.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

I really don't get karma. You can be walking on a deserted road at 3 a.m. and out of nowhere a car or truck will come along and ram right into you.

Nothing at all to do with karma!  Karma suggests that the deserved consequences of an act of the cyclist was in play, she had nothing to do with her own death this way.

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

In Thailand, before crossing, or walking on, a street. Look left, right, in front, behind and up!

In Thailand, where vehicles drive on the left, those attempting to cross need to look right first, then left, then right again before crossing, there's no point in crossing after looking left when the traffic comes from the right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nothing at all to do with karma!  Karma suggests that the deserved consequences of an act of the cyclist was in play, she had nothing to do with her own death this way.

Karma police in full swing today... who cares... karma , freak accident , bad luck... Jimmy crack corn

10 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:
15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Karma police in full swing today... who cares... karma , freak accident , bad luck... Jimmy crack corn

This is a forum where posters are expected to make comments on the OP, or the other members' posts.  There is no other reason for it to exist.   

We are permitted to post our opinions on other posts that are clearly inaccurate (and those that may not be) and expressing a thought or opinion through a comment, such as mine on your "karma" post, does not make that poster guilty of any 'policing' activity. 

Edited by Liverpool Lou

6 hours ago, webfact said:

They didn't have their usual banter as she was busy cutting up chicken. Moments later she heard the sounds of a collision.

It's just not safe out there on the roads..

Time this government and police got tough.

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

My condolences ???? to her family. A freak accident but was the driver impaired and could it have been prevented.

Of course it was preventable. It was not preordained nor was it destiny nor karma. There was a reason for this occurrence and it's my belief that had Thai drivers been educated into cautious driving, being prepared for the unexpected, having a totally focused driving attitude without distractions, being aware of surroundings, being an organic part of the traffic, understanding what's happening or could happen 400 metres in front then there may be an improvement in the national mortality rate due to unreasonable driving behavior 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Very true....  as much as topics like this continue to be discussed there is an underlying truth that those in positions of decision making power simply do not care enough to do anything about this issue.... 

The people in charge are not accountable and did not get there on merit.

These are the main problems.

Sad for all parties involved, especially the loss of life of a mother and her unborn baby, RIP.

But, these types of fatal occurrences are unfortunately regular events on Thailand roads every day and night.

They will continue unabated for years to come. 

7 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

I really don't get karma.

Nobody gets it. It's total ???????? cuz there's no such thing. Life is hazardous and random. Regardless how seemingly deserving or undeserving...bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad. No cosmic or divine justice. Only random events which affect random people in random and myriad ways. Nature and the universe don't give a flip about any of us. 

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

In Thailand, where vehicles drive on the left, those attempting to cross need to look right first, then left, then right again before crossing, there's no point in crossing after looking left when the traffic comes from the right.

You know that the point with my comment was that now you need to look up as well, or did you miss that?

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You know that the point with my comment was that now you need to look up as well, or did you miss that?

Yes, I recognised the humour in your comment, I was pointing out, though, the danger of not observing traffic movements properly for those crossing roads or did you miss that?