Ron DeSantis government bans new advanced African American history course

Scott

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In that case, you should support Native American studies course, with emphasis on all the broken treaties. You do want to know about the American past, and for white men to learn and progress, don't you?

I have no problem with any course about anything as long as they are not compulsory. If people want a particular course they can sign up for it.

Actually I do remember learning about that in school also about our shameful legacy of slavery personally I feel I’m the better for it we also learned about ww1 ww2 Korea I feel it should be a requirement to graduate high school that way we can make progress and become better people 

19 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

When slavery is taught, I'm sure they learn of their African heritage who captured and sold the slaves to the merchants. Or does that aspect of it get bypassed?

Don't know about now, but we were taught that.   Fighting tribes either killed all the males, or they went to the slave trade.

Here's one for you ... some of the newly freed slaves, couldn't make it in the USA, so went back to the homeland ... & ... became slave traders ... ????

"Some of these returned African freed slaves became slave traders themselves in order to survive.1"

http://www.sierra-leone.org/Books/1926 Slave Revolt.pdf

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

When slavery is taught, I'm sure they learn of their African heritage who captured and sold the slaves to the merchants. Or does that aspect of it get bypassed?

Since you know it I guess they do. The information is not suppressed. What is also a fact is that those slaves were sold to European slave traders. You don't mention that aspect.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 6:22 AM, Jingthing said:

The sides are NOT equivalent.

Nobody is trying to ERASE the history of white straight people or make white straight people INVISIBLE. 

The fascist politics that DeSantis is running with is basically a next step after Trump's politics of white resentment, white nationalism, or worse.

at least he is not an anti-semite.........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bangon04 said:

at least he is not an anti-semite.........

OK.

But he's not likely to win many more Jewish votes than trump if nominated as the vast majority of American Jews will reject him because of his scapegoating of other minorities particularly LGBT people.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OK.

But he's not likely to win many more Jewish votes than trump if nominated as the vast majority of American Jews will reject him because of his scapegoating of other minorities particularly LGBT people.

Because Jews are a minority you think they will identify with the LGBT folks. C'mon man. You don't think they are smart enough to side with whom ever they think is the best for their interests. If I guess counted I would bet the Jews are also against the LGBT nonsense.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Because Jews are a minority you think they will identify with the LGBT folks. C'mon man. You don't think they are smart enough to side with whom ever they think is the best for their interests. If I guess counted I would bet the Jews are also against the LGBT nonsense.

No, because Jews in the US tend to vote Democrat.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Not only because they are a minority but because the majority of American Jews are passionate about civil rights for all minorities.  

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/tikkun-olam-repairing-the-world/

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Jews are usually against racism and discriminations, whoever is concerned, because they have suffered from it in the past. They also know they may well be the next target. A good example is the case of white supremacists who were mainly anti-black and recently also turned antisemitic.

16 minutes ago, candide said:

Jews are usually against racism and discriminations, whoever is concerned, because they have suffered from it in the past. They also know they may well be the next target. A good example is the case of white supremacists who were mainly anti-black and recently also turned antisemitic.

Not only in the past. Jews are the top target of hate crimes in the U.S. and Europe.

The Charlottesville fascists were chanting "Jews will not replace us." The background to that is the right wing "replacement theory" that they blame mostly on the Jews. The man that did the synagogue massacre in Pittsburgh was motivated by his opposition to a Jewish group dedicated to helping poor (mostly Latino) refugees. They think it's some kind of master plan to increase non-white voters. No plan is needed. It's happening naturally. The only way for the white nationalist types to win is through aggressive voter suppression policies, etc. If people remember, when Joe Biden announced his run for president he said his main reason was to oppose the Neo Nazi fascism represented in Charlottesville. So yes scapegoating LGBT people, trying to whitewash black history, abusing (mostly non-white) undocumented immigrants, is something American Jews (for the most part) can relate to as horribly wrong on a very deep level. 

What is the great replacement theory and what does it say about Jews? – The Forward

What is the great replacement theory and what does it say about Jews?

Espoused by the gunman who killed 10 Black people in Buffalo Saturday, the conspiracy theory places Jews at its center.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Major well deserved black-lash against trumpist fascist DeSantis in Florida. When he says anti woke its transparent bigot code for anti LGBT, anti women's rights, anti black, and anti immigrant. According to recent reports he is fixing to run for president. If nominated he shouldn't expect a coronation. The grand democratic party coalition is ready to deflate this cynical demagogue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Major well deserved black-lash against trumpist fascist DeSantis in Florida. When he says anti woke its transparent bigot code for anti LGBT, anti women's rights, anti black, and anti immigrant. According to recent reports he is fixing to run for president. If nominated he shouldn't expect a coronation. The grand democratic party coalition is ready to deflate this cynical demagogue.

Please provide proof of all the allegations you made.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Bait ignored. 

Prove it.....When he says anti woke its transparent bigot code for anti LGBT

Prove anti women's rights,

Prove  anti black

Prove  anti immigrant. 

Edited by Scott
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Prove it.....When he says anti woke its transparent bigot code for anti LGBT

Prove anti women's rights,

Prove  anti black

Prove  anti immigrant. 

But a spate of actions some have criticized as “anti-Black” could pose a threat for the governor’s chances at winning over Black voters, who became a deciding factor in securing President Biden’s election in 2020 and the Democrats’ Senate majority in the 2022 midterms.

Since his initial election four years ago, DeSantis has taken a hard-line approach against critical race theory, an academic framework that seeks to address systemic racism in the U.S. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3828839-desantis-actions-could-pose-risk-with-black-voters-in-2024/