Labour minister promises nationwide crackdown against foreigners with no Work Permit "taking jobs from Thais"

webfact

7 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Yes. I sweep the forecourt to the house every morning and do a bit of gardening in full view of passers by. Who in the village will report me? Perhaps I should just stop 

Just make sure that you don't upset the locals!????

18 hours ago, actonion said:

Taking Thai jobs?   Many hotels   in Koh chang were closing their restaurants early due to staff shortage a  couple of months ago, restaurants that i visit  in Pattaya  are  closing 1 day a week due to staff shortages, as one manager said  Thais too lazy to work, they go home due to   Covid and not want to come back to work

Perhaps they might be keener to return if they got a decent wage. I guess it's easier to call them lazy than to make the job worthwhile.

I wish my government was as committed to supporting local workers as the Thai government is.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Yes. I sweep the forecourt to the house every morning and do a bit of gardening in full view of passers by. Who in the village will report me? Perhaps I should just stop 

Rubbish. You are allowed to do whatever you like on your home and enclosed area.

What you can't do is ask to be paid for sweeping the neighbour's property.

After a flood I was outside the property digging a ditch for the flood water in the full view of the city council officials that came to inspect the flood- they didn't have me arrested for it.

Have a bit of common sense about it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

You must have a work permit to work in the kingdom and you must not do jobs reserved for Thai people.

This is why Thailand will always be a pimple on the butt of the world

Look at any western country do you hear such xenophobic nonsense?

Of course not besides look at all the countries Thai's run towards seeking employment.

Look & learn Thailand..Even countries like the USA gave my wife a

SS# & work permit one week after she arrived on a tourist visa a couple of decades ago!

You know why? because they know folks will work anyway same as all the Burmese in Thailand do but the difference is USA

gets a cut in the form of taxation

But nah Thailand rather make scraps by taxing visitors a whopping 300 baht each pffft

This is why Thailand remains a backwater... stagnant & looking always for handouts

• Thumbs Up 2

this is why 1,000,000,000,000,000 people walk to America every day.   Jungle, no food, whatever, they walk!!!!

Thailand, not so much....

land of Pattaya and Phuket!!!!  

Why would you want to work here and make 30,000 baht when you can make that in one day in Falangland!!!!!

50 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

this is why 1,000,000,000,000,000 people walk to America every day.   Jungle, no food, whatever, they walk!!!!

Thailand, not so much....

land of Pattaya and Phuket!!!!  

Why would you want to work here and make 30,000 baht when you can make that in one day in Falangland!!!!!

My Nurse Practitioner Daughter in the US makes $80 USD per hour, while my 16 year old half Thai daughter in the US, who is working a part time job while going to school is making $15 an hour or 2k Thb for 4 hours of work. She got her first check yesterday and called me because she made $422.48 after taxes for 32 hours,l worked in 2 weeks, the  total was just under $500 usd for less than a weeks work, but still way above anything she could make here....

Edited by ThailandRyan

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Rubbish. You are allowed to do whatever you like on your home and enclosed area.

What you can't do is ask to be paid for sweeping the neighbour's property.

After a flood I was outside the property digging a ditch for the flood water in the full view of the city council officials that came to inspect the flood- they didn't have me arrested for it.

Have a bit of common sense about it.

Yes but common sense doesn’t seem to be a strong area for the police and immigration 

In 2017 immigration police did a sweep of where I live. I was picking up some stuff I ordered for my home from the cargo boat with my salang. The immigration police happened to be there and stopped me and asked what was I doing getting all this stuff. I told them it was for my home. They insisted I was working for somewhere. I said I have a company and work permit but this is not for my office. 
Then they tried telling me I couldn’t be loading stuff up from the boat and be a transport driver, why aren’t my Thai staff doing it ect.  I ended up having to call my Thai business partner who talked to them a few min then they finally walked away. 
Another thing they did is strictly only checked foreigner owned businesses. Any Thai food place or some of the big resorts owned by Thais had nothing checked. But any hostel, small guesthouse that had a foreigner on the company all got checked, most of them fined for something they thought of and almost all the hostels were shut down for having no hotel license or a Thai hotel manager with the qualifications to be one (a degree in hotel management)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like a broken record.

Half of Myanmar lives here doing jobs Thais won't do.  Out in the rice fields it's Myanmar migrant labor working the fields as the old generation dies off and the new generation spends most of their days high on yaba.  My village is probably a microcosm of the rest of rural Thailand and we have a lot of Myanmar migrants doing the hard and dirty work.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, biggles45 said:

Will they fine and jail all the building workers from neighboring countries and the wealthy develops who employ them? No, I don't think so, it would upset important people 

Do brown envelopes again spring to mind here?

On 1/21/2023 at 9:52 AM, Elkski said:

What about those pesky guys selling fake watches.  They can really pester you.  They are so obvious on soi Cowboy. They must pay off police.   No work permit I bet.  

I thought the price was too good to be true........????

22 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

I understand there are 20,000 jobs available for Foreign Labour in the Tourist Sector; so there are plenty of jobs available for Thai's 'if' they want to work.   Sadly around the Villages where i live are hundreds of Thai 'Men' i have been seeing every day for 15 years sitting around doing nothing apart from drinking Beer from 8am and smoking rolled up Tobacco Leaves whilst their Wives work 20 hours a day to support their habits and feed the Family.   It's about time the Government got their own 'Men' to actually do some work and stop worrying about a few Farang with no Work Permits !!

Yes you are correct.

If there was a war in this country, I'm in no doubt it would be the women who would fight and win it,while the guys would sit around all day red eyed drinking their lao kao.

• Like 2