Ad descriptions incorrect on many items - buyer beware ......

steven100

Obviously it would be nice if all descriptions would be correct and all the product originals and if the sellers would never do anything wrong.

But that is just not the case. And most of us know that and don't expect any better.

Sometimes, when I am not sure about a product, I use the chat function. Sometimes I get within minutes a competent answer. Sometimes just nothing. Guess from which shop I will buy or not buy?

As mentioned already many times, pages like Lazada are the front for many shops. Some good and some bad. It's up to us to look at ratings, use chat, etc.

For expensive products like mobile phones or a tablet I always buy in the brand name authorized store. There I get what I want just like walking into a i.e. Samsung shop in a shopping mall. No hassle, no problem.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

I went to to an Apple store and bought a tablet.   

Went to JIB and bought a Lenovo.      both correct!!!!

Save up some money, take a trip once or twice a year to a city with actual stores...............and problem solved!!!!!

Online is fine for most things, but if you have questions.....................head to the stores!!!!!

There is even an apple website I used.  worked!!!    JIB has a website, works!!!   

I don't care about cost if it's something I really need, I care about quality.   I'd never trust some shady online seller.  I'd trust them to sell me a pair of socks, sure!!!

I don't even know that JIB has any shops. I buy online and for more expensive things they deliver it within 3 hours (in Bangkok). There is no point in visiting a shop - at least for a customer who knows what he wants. 

• Like 1

In my home country stores are responsible for what they advertise. E g. they show a tablet for 50 bucks instead of 500 bucks they must sell it for the advertised 50. The responsibility is with the shop to make sure what they advertise is correct. 

Lazada is essentially a big so and should equally be held responsible for what is advertised and sold on their shop. This would force them to control the vendors and introduce stiff terms and conditions on them. The consumer should be protected above all. 

That said, my experience with Lazada is quite good. But then I would buy complicated things like computers, phones, etc in Lazada. For these i still venture out to the actual shops.

• Like 1

After I have thoroughly researched the product I want online, including the manufacturer's website, I visit retail outlets to see if they have it, check the price and get the 'hands on' experience.

Then I have look on lazada. Sometimes the genuine article is cheaper, some times not. If a vendor has a copy/paste description, or if it has errors and typos or if the pictures shown are inconsistent or show varying but similar products, they don't get my trade. I seldom order if the item is from 'overseas'.

For example: I was in the market for a Haier 14kg top loading washing machine. The Haier website showed the two models; one white and the newer metallic black model which on research was more expensive. I hit four of the 'usual' stores and the one with the lowest price on the white one didn't have it in stock. Another one wouldn't allow me to order for collection because it wasn't available (despite having them on display and in stock at the branch in question). Another had only the display model left and wouldn't sell it.

I checked lazada (I don't do shopee: the family advises the quality is lower on comparable items on lazada) and the prices were mostly upwards of retail. Just before I was headed to DoHome (best price metallic black and in stock), I dropped by makro and they had both the cheaper white and the newer metallic black one. The price for the white one was almost 1000 baht lower than all other stores. They showed me the metallic black one which was over 2000 baht higher than all other stores (closer to lazada prices). I said I was after the cheapest and they "revised" the black metallic price down to match the white one. So I saved myself 1540 baht on the newer, more expensive model.

Now, back to doing the laundry.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1