Define Bar girl

DeepBlue90

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you think prostitutes only work in farang oriented bars and not in bar and restaurants and karaoke places which Thai people visit. Who gave you that idea? 

Many here think that prostitutes only work in Thailand and look like Thai bar girls.

It's amazing what "educated",  "metropolitan" women world-wide will "prostitute" themselves for.  I love the Ops here that insist that somehow Western women are special and can't be bought. 

Not on what I (and many of us here) make.  But honestly.  At the end of the day?

Virtually all woman world-wide are 'for sale.'  You just need to understand the nature of the type of remuneration they desire require."

That needed to be edited  ☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️ as "require" is more accurate.

Men are motivated by sex; women are motivated by security. 

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That's what they came to TH for, that's what they want ...

... thankfully, they don't venture far from their barstool ????

There's nothing wrong with that of course, and Thais have designated tourist ghettos for them.  As long as they don't stray too far off the reservation, everyone is happy.

There are of course also people here who came for the temples, culture, food, climate, whatever - at least that is what they told the people back home. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, connda said:

Many here think that prostitutes only work in Thailand and look like Thai bar girls.

It's amazing what "educated",  "metropolitan" women world-wide will "prostitute" themselves for.  I love the Ops here that insist that somehow Western women are special and can't be bought. 

Not on what I (and many of us here) make.  But honestly.  At the end of the day?

Virtually all woman world-wide are 'for sale.'  You just need to understand the nature of the type of remuneration they desire require."

I think we should be fair and acknowledge that there are also women who don't look for a guy with money.

Some have good jobs and don't need more money. Some just don't care about money and luxury. Some just hate the idea to be in a relationship with unequal recourses. 

I think the situation in Thailand is like it is because there are huge differences in income and wealth. In "the west" women can get a good education, work hard in a good job, have a career and make a lot of money. In Thailand not so much.

There are enough women in Thailand who studied and have a university degree and a job in a decent company, and they still don't make much money. And that is just for themselves. If they then think about how much it would cost to have children and send them to a decent school, it is almost impossible for a person with poor background to do that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, connda said:

Woman have alot more needs, desires and demands than men, we can agree on that one.

But many women just need attention and some love and they will do anything for you, but depended on you and your status as her knownledge of her value and status. 

Not se easy and straight forward as you like to think if you want to succeed in the game of love.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Not only the girls.

For example, I'm also for sale, if any females on here are interested in a 62 year old American with a 48 inch waist. 

You sound like you have a lot of real estate you sexy man you 

I loved the 'speaks English' as a fatal tell as a bar girl.

My wife grew up in Chicago, sounds a lot like me, but with an obnoxious Midwest twang.

But now I know she must be a bar girl, thinking of putting her out on the streets to earn a few extra bucks!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Define a Bar Girl Virgin 

Malcolm. A retired bricklayer from Barnsley on first trip to BKK meeting Noi from Buriram who has only worked in bar for "2 weeks as a cashier and has never gone home with a customer".

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Define a Virgin Bar Girl 

Noi from Buriram. She just dropped her second kid off to granny in the village on the bus with her Thai boyfriend as he takes her to a new life in Bangkok as a "cashier in a restaurant".

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

Woman have alot more needs, desires and demands than men, we can agree on that one.

Not sure about that, as I'm pretty needy & demanding at times.  Might explain the 3 divorces ... ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

How's your passa Thai, these days? 

Any further progress? 

I gave up resigned to the understanding no matter how good my listening comprehension or reading I have a fundamental problem. Call it pronunciation, tone, or syntax? I don't know.  I am incapable of rendering the vocalizations to make myself understood to locals

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

I gave up resigned to the understanding no matter how good my listening comprehension or reading I have a fundamental problem. Call it pronunciation, tone, or syntax? I don't know.  I am incapable of rendering the vocalizations to make myself understood to locals

Sorry to hear that. 

But, still, I know that you can read Thai script, right? 

And, therefore, your life in Thailand is made much more fulfilling just through your ability to read. 

Anyway, do not give up, yet. Where there's life, there is still hope. 

• Like 2

Most bars are not the kind with "bar girls". So, if you see a woman at a normal bar, she is a "civilian". Not a working gal. If it is a bar with "working girls", then a woman sitting at the bar may or may not be working there. Some are civilians, who some by to visit their friends. You can always ask do you work here? 

5 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Noi pulled me off the floor of Angels disco in the Nana hotel about 1998 and instructed an ivy league level introduction course. Mongering 101

But she also had the dry cleaning certificate from Chulalongkorn, correct? 

Edited by spidermike007

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Don't feel bad. You are not alone. Thai is a very difficult language to learn, for most of us. 

My personal opinion, is that for most people who speak the Western languages, they are able to think in circles. Most of us are taught the art of creativity, and the virtues of an open mind. So, if you mispronounce or improperly state something, an effort will be made to try and stretch the mind, to figure out what you have just said, and what it means. This is especially true of Spanish. Not as much with French. 

It is not at all the case with Thai. If you do not nail it, it is your fault, and little effort can and will be made to accommodate your lack of perfection. It becomes a huge challenge when trying to speak or converse here. If the tones are not right, most Thai people are completely lost or unable, or unwilling to even venture a guess as to what you are saying.

The exact opposite is the case with most Spanish speaking people, nearly anywhere in Latin America. And that makes it so much more rewarding. I speak decent Spanish, but it is of the Mexican variety. I have traveled all over Latin America, including Cuba many times, and can converse easily with the locals. It is infinitely more fun than learning Thai. Frankly, there is nothing about the Thai language I like. Nothing. Spanish sounds like music or poetry to me in comparison. And using the same alphabet is immensely easier, in addition to not having to deal with the ridiculous tones.

And the last part is the most important one. I find that throughout Latin America, when I am trying hard to be understood, people reciprocate that effort, and try hard to understand me. And I think they may be more creative, or more linguistically skilled than most Thais (able to dance in circles intellectually, to interpret and figure out an answer to an unfamiliar problem). You seem to get huge credit for trying to speak Spanish, even if it is very imperfect. I do not get any of that here. Nunca. Nada. Zero. You do not pronounce it perfectly here, and most do not have any idea what you are saying! And there is no effort made to attempt to figure it out. Lame. Very lame. That gets very old. 

Hi there, I've lived in Thailand for 22 years and even though I'm married to a Thai my Thai speaking is minimal. I learn't from the old proven KISS method. That being " Keep It Simple Stupid ". So write down the 20-30 most important words you use on a daily basis and work on those until you get them right. If you have a lady friend she'll correct you if you're wrong. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, proton said:

True, I barfined a girl from Patpong in 96. When I got her out in more light I was so put off I dodged away into the market and did a runner, rather lose the 400 baht than have taken her back, seemed far more attractive in the low lit bar! 

I've gotten girls back to the room and then sent them packing for one reason or another. Typically give them 100B for taxi. 

400Bht bar fine in 96? i think max i paid in mid 90's was 200B most were 150B

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Don't feel bad. You are not alone. Thai is a very difficult language to learn, for most of us. 

That's because the teachers are as bad at their jobs as the cops.

Ever wonder why Google translate doesn't work for Thai, but is great for Spanish/French/Chinese?

That's because Google hires locals to help write the translations.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, connda said:

Virtually all woman world-wide are 'for sale.'  You just need to understand the nature of the type of remuneration they desire.

Especially when they ask to be in a stable relationship and not part of a stable of women, at the end of the day your Still taking care of them in one way or another. No relationship is a 50/50 proposition....well some could be but then that's not a relationship but a type of friendship where pineapple is a term and not a fruit.

• Like 1