Define Bar girl

DeepBlue90

On 1/28/2023 at 12:04 PM, DeepBlue90 said:

However, the other day I went to grab a beer with a coworker at a staple western looking Bar on Ekkamai, and I saw one or two attractive (but nothing over the top) girls alone sitting and sipping a beer. Would they also be considered as "bar-girl"? Or just having a beer after work of sorts.

About as green as they come... 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I just responded to your comment.  Why should I have to scroll through every comment on the thread before responding to yours?

"Why should I have to scroll through every comment on the thread ".........looking for posters 

mistakes ,etc, as is your want...

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I just responded to your comment.  Why should I have to scroll through every comment on the thread before responding to yours?

"Why should I have to scroll through every comment on the thread ".........looking for posters 

mistakes ,etc, as is your want...

"...as is your want..."

But I didn't!

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2023 at 6:37 AM, connda said:

Virtually all woman world-wide are 'for sale.'  You just need to understand the nature of the type of remuneration they desire.

«  world wide » , bit of an insult that isn’t it ? Although it might correspond to the women you frequent !  
Also, I think many western men should be given a wide berth, they can be just as lying , demanding , waste of space as the worst hookers in any country.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Berkshire said:
On 1/29/2023 at 9:58 AM, BritManToo said:

I put it own to the low average IQ of Thais, 11% less than average western folk, 30% less than me.

Just because you know how to pay a girl for sex doesn't make you a genius. 

But he thinks  it makes him 19% or 25% smarter than the average Westerner.... !!!

With his self proclaimed excess of intelligence he’s been able to project that women don’t want men unless its for money...  

Those who think like this are quite correct of course, but that is in their individual world. 

They have not yet worked out that there is no one size fits all relationship and the generalisation that those who try to shoe horn their failures and disappointments into are not representative of the spectrum.... 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nonsense.  Not all Thai girls are prostitutes.

Well, a Thai friend of me said once looking at a group of foreigner girls with a grin on her face and say, stupid falang girls, (<deleted>) for free!

At least for every sex worker there must be an x numbers of male and female customers? Right? and how big is that number pr one sex worker?

Sex worker is a better term than whores, prostitutes, hookers and so on!

Gives the ladys a more respectfully deserved work title. We are living in the 2020ies now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Those who think like this are quite correct of course, but that is in their individual world. 

They have not yet worked out that there is no one size fits all relationship and the generalisation that those who try to shoe horn their failures and disappointments into are not representative of the spectrum.... 

Almost everyone has had a marriage failure, it's normal.

Being disappointed with that failure is also normal.

Thinking a woman 10 or more years younger wants you for yourself is the thing that's abnormal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just like maids are now called... ‘domestic engineers’...   we could perhaps become more politically correct and call these ladies ‘Andrological Therapists’ !!! ????

Whatever fits your imagination will be fine. Just tired of meeting bar monger's, who using outdated terms on ladies they so much love to exploit, and at same time trash talk them.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Almost everyone has had a marriage failure, it's normal.

No... you project that ‘almost everyone’ is the same as you, thus you think ‘almost’ everyone has had a marriage failure....   the divorce rate in the UK is 42%.... so thats 4 out 10... 

So.. ‘Almost everyone’ is incorrect...   Many or under half... would be correct. 

Being disappointed with that failure is also normal.

Completely understandable... ]

But assuming everyone else is in the same position isn’t.

Neither is assuming everyone else’s relationships are doomed to the same issues and failure. 

Thinking a woman 10 or more years younger wants you for yourself is the thing that's abnormal.

Isn't the rule of thumb...    never less than half your age + 7 years... 

i.e

40 year olds -->> not less than 27 yrs old ?.... 

50 year olds -->> not less than 32 yrs old ?.... 

60 year olds -->> not less than 37 yrs old ?.... 

70 year olds -->> not less than 42 yrs old ?.... 

I don’t know how effective this is, but as a general rule it doesn’t seem ’too far off’... 

I also agree,.....  a guy who believes a woman half his age is ‘into him’ is most likely a fool pulling the wool over his own eyes.... 

42 minutes ago, CH1961 said:

If you are serious and do not know what a bar-girl is, you are probably from the woke generation and understand pictures better than words. 

IMG_5485.JPG.5e32c7f5c8cc87e9b651baac20779151.jpg.460275b6c04d440605b8101d75262dea.jpg

Who have been here for a decade and still using Batman cartoon to make a statement? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/28/2023 at 12:39 PM, DeepBlue90 said:

They didn't look middle age, somewhere in the 20-30 range

What was the bar in Ekkamai where you saw these girls?  Did they look like their clothes were moderately expensive or cheap and a bit trashy? 
Were they wearing good quality shoes?  That is a good sign that they have their own money and are likely not 'bar girls'.

I can't think of any bars in Ekkamai that you would have found that have bar girls.

14 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

What was the bar in Ekkamai where you saw these girls?  Did they look like their clothes were moderately expensive or cheap and a bit trashy? 
Were they wearing good quality shoes?  That is a good sign that they have their own money and are likely not 'bar girls'.

I can't think of any bars in Ekkamai that you would have found that have bar girls.

Shoes now? Im sure I would not look at their shoes, neither their handbags, because I could not see if they had fake bags or not without checking the seems and the zippers or the buttons. 

It is impossible to seperate socalled good genuin girls from pros, and often the best of the pros, will manage to make you think different, and you would believe their story with no doubt.

The ones I never got in to, was those with an horrible ex and a sad life. 

And I had one at my lap once, just got her first drink from me, and then told me her bf was a butterfly ???? Priceless

• Haha 1

theyre pretty ropey these days with tatts and teeth scafolding ..theyv e gone to pot

compared with 80s

and they charge large sums of money for a brief encounter  .no wonder bars have few buyers for their gals these days you wouldnt want em for free

Are these braces just temporary?  I thought they had the money and in2 years or so would look a lot better.  Why is getting braces any worse at 22 than 14 like most kids in the west do?  I have even seen 40 year old new wife's get braces several times.   I don't think braces are attractive at all and when I was single would never pick those to sit with me.  How much do they cost in Bangkok?  

As per the OP.  I have seen many Thai gals sitting together for a light meal or drinks at a mostly falang bar eatery in asoke.  And no 9ne approached them while we had our meal.  Perhaps it is the best place to go out to catch up with a friend if they are living in the area with plenty of money?  Or from my experience even hard working Thai gals will go out to eat or drink once in a blue moon and spend half a days wages.  I have also seen Thai women in that bar with live music and pool tables just outside Nana and they are definitely working it for the night or long haul.  I think a proper wolf just tries to eat what looks like food and then sees if he liked it.   So go up and meet them if you fancy one of them.   And as far as clothes go.  Fancy clothes says hi so or free lancer or bar girl to me.   But who knows until you get to know them.  

Edited by Elkski