Define Bar girl

DeepBlue90

Red Flag signs of a Bar girl / Local Talent:
Any girl that shouts at you in the night, especially phrases like
"Hello you!, Where you come from?"
"Where you go? / optional: I go with you."
"Khun ja bai nai?"

All the places listed in BKK, Soi Cowboy, Et al. Pattaya, Ratyong, blah blah. Jomtien Beach.

Women that have had multiple foreign boyfriends / husbands / Casual Foreigner male friends.  

Sideline girls, for the most part. Depends. Some of them are less mercenary.  

When I was in America, I knew a girl that worked her way through nursing school, working as a "Cocktail Waitress" at a place in Sand Diego that was locally infamous as a hangout for sailors and marines. When she got her degree, she left that world behind her.

In Chiang Mai, all the places on Loi Krokh Road (With the notable exception of My Place Lounge), or The Massage shops within .5 Km of Loi Kroh, or shops on Kampanding Road, and most on Sridonchai Road west of Pantip Plaza.
Any girl that works in a place listed on Chiangmailocator.
Definitely any girl working in the many  "Erotic Spas" in CM. 
Fishbowls, etc. etc.  Most of the clubs have freelancers. Zoe is about 60/40, I think. I stopped going there almost a decade ago.  

I am confident in saying it takes years of experience here to figure out what is what, and a few failed relationships (unless you are very picky or very lucky) to find a woman that you can eventually trust.. to a point.  

Please note that most Thai women are just trying to help themselves to a good life. you do not have to hook up with a bar girl to lose everything.
Also, lots of Office / mall / kiosk girls are hoping for a nice quiet life with someone to take care, and not usually a foreigner, but the money is nice for them, if he has means.   Most government office workers are not taking nightly side income, but many of them are looking for someone to supplement their salary in an LTR, and surprising numbers of them are corrupt within their own domain of power, etc.

Truth is a relative thing also. very difficult to be here, and at the same time be a guy that loves 100% control, certainty, or stability.  it takes a while to learn to navigate Thai relationships, and how to hold the reins.  

Trading up is a thing. Be wary.

Edited by DeathShroud

We don't know whether they're bar girls or not. 

The definition of a bar girl is a girl who does not prostitute themselves for a little money like workers but prostitute themselves for a lot of money earned in a few hours as opposed to entire day shifts. 

Either way every person does what's in their best interest and we all go after the money. So it's not the bar girls you should avoid. It's more about relying very heavily on common sense and cold logic. 

Not one of the bar girl ripped off foreigner stories could have ever taken place if men used their brain instead of allowing their out of control emotions to run a train on them the moment they saw a woman. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DeathShroud said:

Women that have had multiple foreign boyfriends / husbands / Casual Foreigner male friends.  

I have to disagree with you.

A smart girl with experience will learn good things and know what she want and do not want, and maybe become a very attractive partner because she have good language and communication skills, as well you do not need to teach her swimming ????

There is as many reasons why it is positive as negative. I just cant stand or have patience to teach girls Europeen culture, and enjoy a woman who is confident enough to stand by my side, not walk two steps behind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

My ex was a linguist with the World Bank, with degrees and post grad masters in languages up the wazzoo and a very smart, demur charming gal. She knew more about english grammar than i will ever know!

N told me that many of her colleagues (50%) in this BKK offices and in their counterparts in the Asia Development Bank (ADB) were still virgins.

Having worked for and still working for ADB and WB as an Individual Consultant in Thailand, Vietnam and other countries, attended many meetings with JICA in Thailand and regional countries, engaged PricewaterhouseCoopers and worked with others in the big four, there are far more attractive, classy, elegant and smart eligible females in Thailand and other regional countries than there are eligible men in the eyes of these women. Why are there so many single, never married women who do not have children in Thailand?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Hummin said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nonsense.  Not all Thai girls are prostitutes.

Well, a Thai friend of me said once looking at a group of foreigner girls with a grin on her face and say, stupid falang girls, (<deleted>) for free!

That says a lot more about your "friend" (and you, come to that) than it does about foreign women "being stupid".

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That says a lot more about your "friend" (and you, come to that) than it does about foreign women "being stupid".

Heaven sakes it is many years ago, and I had my time of my life partying and hang out with locals. It was alot to learn. As said before I lived in same building as them, and also frequently socializing with them downstairs at the internet cafe, as well partying with them. 

The unspoken truth (or the absolute truth is) It is all about being able to provide something to the ladies one way another.  

On 1/28/2023 at 6:18 AM, BananaStrong said:

if they speak English, bar girl.

99% odds are you will ONLY meet bar girls.

has EVER known a foreigner before, bar girl.  lol 

Very BIG BS

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/30/2023 at 10:05 AM, Lucky Bones said:

I think generally they are from very poor families.

Bar girls are still stunning, great women.

In my village there are 2 girls I know,

who their folks paid big baht to get them jobs at a school. Both of them thick as planks.Edumaction????????

Poor but intelligent enough to know that having sex is probably the only way to make a lot of money. I knew many wonderful women that became bargirls for a limited time. Certainly nicer than most non bargirls I've known.

Western people have this strange hang up about sex, which is just a normal human activity. Seems western people got brainwashed that it's some sort of prize only to be allowed if the guy makes the woman a treasure for allowing him to do it with her.

I certainly had the brainwashing, and it took Thailand to learn the truth.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

there are far more attractive, classy, elegant and smart eligible females in Thailand and other regional countries than there are eligible men in the eyes of these women. Why are there so many single, never married women who do not have children in Thailand?

More females in Thailand than males as any google search tells us, and why would they want to marry an inferior male?

Probably don't think that getting married is the be all of life any more.

Why would they want to have children? Try carrying a big weight around for six months, morning sickness, massive pain delivering, saggy boobs, stretch marks etc and see how keen you would be to have one.

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Poor but intelligent enough to know that having sex is probably the only way to make a lot of money. I knew many wonderful women that became bargirls for a limited time. Certainly nicer than most non bargirls I've known.

Western people have this strange hang up about sex, which is just a normal human activity. Seems western people got brainwashed that it's some sort of prize only to be allowed if the guy makes the woman a treasure for allowing him to do it with her.

Some feel that we are all vulnerable and things we do in life can have lasting effects. Sex is a strong stimulant in life and has emotional and physical impacts and doing it with people you don't like or that are even offensive to you is likely to leave a strong mark on that person. Different for different people. Doesn't mean they are bad but needs to be taken into account in your dealings with them. 

11 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Some feel that we are all vulnerable and things we do in life can have lasting effects. Sex is a strong stimulant in life and has emotional and physical impacts and doing it with people you don't like or that are even offensive to you is likely to leave a strong mark on that person. Different for different people. Doesn't mean they are bad but needs to be taken into account in your dealings with them. 

Sex is just sex unless one has feelings for the person one does it with.

I sometimes asked ones I knew well if they were ever abused on the job and none were. It's a completely different scene in LOS than the kerb walker, pimp controlled abomination practiced in some western countries.

You can take the girl out of the bar but you can’t take the bar out of the girl . Ivie seen this many times over the 18 years I have lived here foreigner pays the bar big money as he wants the bar girl to live with him only to find a few months later she is bored and misses the bar and social life . So what is a bar girl she is an individual who has little option but to sell herself to pleasure a man’s desire that cost is determined by the girl herself but it’s normal that you also have to pay the bar 500 baht in order that the lady can exit the bar for the remainder of the evening 

On 1/28/2023 at 1:18 PM, gomangosteen said:

Good grief, what level of society do you occupy?

Plenty of English-speaking people in professional occupations.

My partner, senior accountant, worked with multinationals through internship and post-graduation, now deals on a daily basis with companies in Japan, Germany, Malaysia all in the common business language, English. As do her colleagues and friends.

I don't expect any were working as bar girls prior to accountancy, law, pharmacy and dentist careers. Daughter #1 graduated last year, double major in Employment Law and HR Management, and you may be surprised to be told she speaks English too.

I was brought to a bar in Bangkok forget the name stunning young woman all in a line you just pick one you like and she comes over and chats to you they are not bar girls they are University students who need to earn money to pay for there university fees they are highly intelligent , polite and up front unfortunately most girls , ladies have to go down this route as this is the only way they can make there dreams become a reality of course if you come from one of the eletist families money is not an issue .  

On 2/1/2023 at 5:16 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I would kinda agree with this.

First time I ever came to Thailand was when we were living in Singapore, our son was quite young at the time.

We went to the Thai Riviera, Pattaya for a long weekend.

I was, shocked, horrified by it all, probably more just by the brazenness of it all, totally in your face

My wife was quite sanguine about it all, "they're just making a living"

Of course I was bringing my American view of kerb crawlers, primps and lots of drugs.

Now living in Singapore I'd been to the 'Four Floors of Whores' aka Orchard Towers, but thats just like visiting Disneyland, this all seemed much more real. There me and Mrs G could go, she got to chat with the girls and cheap drinks, and generally fun night with eye candy and live music

But it's a totally different 'business' model from prostitution in the West. A lot are supporting families back in the village, and at the end of the day so long as nobody gets hurt, good luck to 'em

Edited by GinBoy2

38 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Of course I was bringing my American view of kerb crawlers, primps and lots of drugs.

I suspect that many of the posters that are offended by women making money by having sex have the same in mind, not realising it's a completely different scene.

I reckon that not many actually checked out the Thai scene to know, as they make so many errors in their posts.

• Thanks 1