Define Bar girl

DeepBlue90

19 hours ago, connda said:

as they milk your ATM

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It's not like the west where they call you names and then complain to the bar manager.

Couldn't agree more, if you said hello sexy lady in the west, probably get a slap, here it's a smile and a thank you. 

1 hour ago, ericthai said:

I've gotten girls back to the room and then sent them packing for one reason or another. Typically give them 100B for taxi. 

400Bht bar fine in 96? i think max i paid in mid 90's was 200B most were 150B

I cant remember what it was exactly, but more than 200 in Patpong I think

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Couldn't agree more, if you said hello sexy lady in the west, probably get a slap, here it's a smile and a thank you. 

Now there are special code words that women can use in Western bars if an ugly person talks to them.  They go to the bar and say "Can I speak to Mary?" or "Can I get an Angel cocktail?"  And they will be whisked off to private area where they can be safe from "harassment".

(I realise the good intentions of these schemes, but they are clearly open to abuse/misuse.)

11 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Now there are special code words that women can use in Western bars if an ugly person talks to them.  They go to the bar and say "Can I speak to Mary?" or "Can I get an Angel cocktail?"  And they will be whisked off to private area where they can be safe from "harassment".

(I realise the good intentions of these schemes, but they are clearly open to abuse/misuse.)

Its all about timing, where you are and who you are to say positive sexual loaded pick up lines. Nowadays it seems like only guys like Andrew Tate is left, oh they where arrested,,, 

26 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Wouldn't it be easier to smile and say 'no thanks' to the guy?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, proton said:

True, I barfined a girl from Patpong in 96. When I got her out in more light I was so put off I dodged away into the market and did a runner, rather lose the 400 baht than have taken her back, seemed far more attractive in the low lit bar! 

If her face was OK in the bar will she look so bad in a darkened hotel room?

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Depends on the bar, and if 'employed' by the bar, and more importantly, maybe, where the bar is located.  If an 'adult' entertainment district; Bangla, Soi 4, Soi Cowbay, then probably yes.  As a non working gal wouldn't be sitting there sipping, or desire the company of anyone that frequents that area.

Saying that, not all gals working at all or any bar is for rent.  I know a few that worked at bars, and you'd couldn't offer them enough for them to entertain you.  Not that they wouldn't, but the offer of money, would probably result in a hospital visit for you, if persistent. 

Assuming the OP wants to meet a gal, and more comfortable in an alcohol setting, go to one that doesn't cater to foreigners.   Personally never understood the attraction of 'hooker' bars, except for killing time and people watching, as usually some nice eye candy in the late afternoon, early evening.  After that it's all business and nothing that interests myself.

I'll take a Thai music venue bar/club, over most things geared toward foreigners.

As long as you leave before the post(usually) midnight fighting starts...

7 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Sometimes you will see dumpy little bars that have way too many girls sitting out front.  There is no way the bar can be paying them all a salary.

Some of these bars get lots of girls who are looking for easy money on a straight commission basis ....if she can get you to buy her a 150-180 baht drink she may well get 100 baht a drink....get 5 guys a day to buy you a drink and  you have made 500 baht a day which for many thai gals is not all that bad a payday....some of these gals would not be interested in being barfined or going with you unless she either really likes you or you throw silly money her way.  Some may be looking for a full time boyfriend to go live with IF you meet her standards re age/looks/$$ etc.

The bar is able to attract a lot of drinking guys without having to pay salaries to the gals if they do the straight commission gig...the girls that sell a lot of drinks will do well and the ones that don't will drift away.

There are more than one type of bar and many more kinds of "bar girls".

And there is girls who only work two weeks, but nobody will believe you

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Perhaps it comes down to a sort of critical thinking and problem solving approach that may be lacking in Thailand.  "What can I do to help them understand?" vs. "If they cannot understand that is neither my problem nor my responsibility."

I put it own to the low average IQ of Thais, 11% less than average western folk, 30% less than me.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I like the flirting/squeezing/romance from the bar girls that the woman in my bed no longer provides.

Thats the VIP Treatment that one can obtain for a special price, but at home after awhile the VIP treatment consists of the house being cleaned, clothes washed and a few other items....

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
40 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Implying your iQ is 19% higher than the average ‘Westerner’....  Hubris !!!

:intheclub:

25% higher .................

Disagreements over the perception of one's own IQ aside, it's actually quite staggering how big the differences are and how low the average IQ gets, internationally.

Highest: Japan at 106.48

Lowest: Nepal at 42.99

UK: 20th with 99.12

US: 28th with 97.43

Thailand: 63rd with 88.87

Laos: 109th with 80.99

Places 170-193 are below 67, so people with an average IQ and below in those countries are technically retarded.

The average IQ is generally reflective of the overall well-being of a country. Indeed, the average IQ of a population is closely related to a variety of factors such as the quality of education available in the country, the quality of the healthcare system, the quality of the environment and nutrition, and the general quality of the political and economic systems.

https://wisevoter.com/country-rankings/average-iq-by-country/

There are a lot of folks who come across as having  the iq of a bucket of mud or a box of rocks but think they are Einstein.

Most people (about 68 percent) have an IQ between 85 and 115. Only a small fraction of people have a very low IQ (below 70) or a very high IQ (above 130). The average IQ in the United States is 98.

On 1/28/2023 at 4:04 PM, DeepBlue90 said:

New to Thailand for work.

Welcome to the land of smiles, sit back, relax and take it all in.

On 1/28/2023 at 4:04 PM, DeepBlue90 said:

Been reading where to date to find a decent girl, and everyone seems to warn against dating bar girls, which seems to be girls that work in a bar.

Where to find a decent girl, well, I tried for 47 years to find a decent girl, had many girlfriends, and an ex wife that I was married to for just over a decade.

Strangely enough I ended up here on holidays with a mate, met a "bar girl", married her in my home country 4 months later otherwise she would have to return as her tourist visa was expiring, so marrying her meant she could legally stay on a bridging visa.

She ended up living with me in my home country for about a decade, with trips back to Thailand annually, sometimes twice if I could get the time off of work.

I planned my retirement with her during that decade, been here 7 years now, and very happily married to my "bar girl" wife for over 15 years.

First bit of advice I will give you if your looking for a decent girl, roll the dice.

Second bit of advice I will give you if you think you found her, don't go all in.

Third bit of advice I will give you, only invest as much as your prepared to walk away from if it doesn't work out.

Last bit of advice I will give you, have a plan B for when the third bit of advice comes to fruition. That said, I am 10% in with 90% of my assets overseas, so if I walked away, it would only be my heart that would take a hit, not my pocket.

The above said, I know many guys who have been happy with their "bar girl" wives, and I know of a lot of guys who have lost money, is that because they are "bar girls" or is it because the guys were just too naïve thinking marriages last forever.

Your heading Define Bar Girl, should get loads of responses, mainly negative comments because those happily married to a bar girl, I would assume don't want to post it here to be ridiculed from the ones who had nasty experiences. You know, the losers, who blame the bar girls as opposed to themselves, ooops, did I just open a can of worms ?

Roulette GIFs | Tenor

Place your bets.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I thought it was 110 ..... everyone is 10% more stupid than I thought.

And I was having a senior moment.

You'd perhaps first have to consider IQ is not measured in percentage.....   but hey, you’re still smarter than the other Westerners, right ???? ????????????

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1