Pakistan mosque blast: At least 28 killed after explosion in Peshawar

Social Media

At least 28 people have been killed in an explosion at a mosque in the Pakistani city of Peshawar.

The blast happened when the mosque was packed with worshippers and more than 150 people were injured.

A section of the building was destroyed, and officials say people are buried under the rubble.

The cause of the explosion is unclear, but an official said police had been the target and most of those who had died were part of the police force.

Security officials said a bomber sitting in the front row of the mosque had blown himself up. No group has admitted carrying it out.

Muhammad Ijaz Khan, Peshawar capital city police officer, told local media that between 300 and 400 police officials were present in the area at the time of the blast.

CNN — 

The Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility for a deadly blast in a mosque in Peshawar on Monday, the latest attack on the city in northwest Pakistan.

A powerful explosion killed at least 61 people and left about 157 injured, according to Peshawar Police Chief Mohammad Aijaz Khan.

Rescue operations are now underway in the mosque, which is situated inside a police compound and is mostly attended by law enforcement officials.

Pakistan mosque blast: Police targeted in attack that kills 59

image.png

At least 59 people have been killed by a bomb that apparently targeted policemen praying in a mosque in Peshawar, Pakistan.

The mosque is within the tightly-guarded police headquarters area.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif said "terrorists want to create fear by targeting those who perform the duty of defending Pakistan".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-64451936

BBC.jpg

16 hours ago, lungbing said:

They can't even live with themselves nevermind with other religions.

I highly doubt that this had anything to do with religion apart from the fact that the mosque is the one place where a lot of the cops, that were the target, came together! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

I highly doubt that this had anything to do with religion apart from the fact that the mosque is the one place where a lot of the cops, that were the target, came together! 

Peshawar is an area that continually suffers from terror attacks by Islamists. Some years back a Pakistani military school was attacked with 132 children murdered..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Peshawar_school_massacre

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 3:20 PM, simple1 said:

Peshawar is an area that continually suffers from terror attacks by Islamists. Some years back a Pakistani military school was attacked with 132 children murdered..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Peshawar_school_massacre

Yes the religion of peace responsible for thousands of terror attacks this century, even against other muslims. Best to stay away from islam as much as you can. 

26 minutes ago, proton said:

Yes the religion of peace responsible for thousands of terror attacks this century, even against other muslims. Best to stay away from islam as much as you can. 

I'm as much worried about domestic terrorism perpetrated by the christian nationalist right as I am about islamic terrorism. I stay away from all relgions. i

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I'm as much worried about domestic terrorism perpetrated by the christian nationalist right as I am about islamic terrorism. I stay away from all relgions. i

Muslims extremists put a lot of time and effort and money into making this bomb and some even sacrificed their lives . 

You could at least give them some recognition and acknowledgment, rather than going on about Christians and saying Christians can do it better in the way that they worry you more than Muslins  . 

Edited by Mac Mickmanus

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Muslims extremists put a lot of time and effort and money into making this bomb and some even sacrificed their lives . 

You could at least give them some recognition and acknowledgment, rather than going on about Christians and saying Christians can do it better in the way that they worry you more than Muslins  . 

Please point out exactly where I said that Christian terrorists worry me more than Muslim terrorists. Are you illiterate or deliberately misquoting me?

Edited by ozimoron

40 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Please point out exactly where I said that Christian terrorists worry me more than Muslim terrorists. Are you illiterate or deliberately misquoting me?

Here :

"I'm as much worried about domestic terrorism perpetrated by the christian nationalist right as I am about islamic terrorism. "