Biden rules out sending Ukraine F-16 jets

Social Media

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s a border, and the Russians crossed I then started killing people and destroying infrastructure and property.

Let’s keep prioritize sympathy for the victims of Russia’s illegal invasion.

I knew you were going to say that. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, still kicking said:

So the Russian invasion of the Ukraine is legal Comrade. 

Ignorance is bliss, I guess I knew you would say that too, I have 7 kids, 12 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

2 billion $ being the significant words.

I wonder how long financially devastated American citizens will accept such payments for a war a long way off, that does not threaten them.

I imagine some congress people will be getting letters from their constituents about it.

Even more relevant with the discussion today between Biden and the leader of the house concerning the debt ceiling. The GOP want to reduce military spending, and one would imagine that it would be difficult to cut spending without impacting the support to Ukraine.

On 2/1/2023 at 5:03 PM, San Fran Dan said:

Call Trump he organized it , Didn’t he bring Taliban to Camp David , didn’t he have 5,000 Militants Released Also <deleted> , The art of the deal lol

You would be one who if they found a dead body in the trunk of Hillary's car with a gun with her fingerprints on it would blame Trump saying the evidence was planted. 

He did not release 5,000 militants the Afghans did.  One way or another Biden refused to heed the advise of his military advisors that they needed to stage a withdrawal out of Afghanistan.  He just left, abandoning both military equipment and U.S. citizens.  He was the one driving the bus at that time. Not Trump. 

If anyone deserves severe blame it is George W. Bush.  He was the one who pushed the U.S.A. into Afghanistan for absolutely no reason and with Zero chance of "winning" .  There is no "winning" when you occupy a country whose citizens don't suport you.  Korea and Vietnam already proved and so did the Russian experience in Afghanistan  Unless you are willing to occupy a country indefinitely and control it with military force you can not control the will of the local population.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/1/2023 at 3:12 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

2 billion $ being the significant words.

I wonder how long financially devastated American citizens will accept such payments for a war a long way off, that does not threaten them.

I imagine some congress people will be getting letters from their constituents about it.

On the contrary. This is the first war America is sponsoring that may threaten them directly. I would bet Russia has a nuclear sub sitting off the US coast right now! 

7 minutes ago, 300sd said:

On the contrary. This is the first war America is sponsoring that may threaten them directly. I would bet Russia has a nuclear sub sitting off the US coast right now! 

Lucky for them they have that sub. Because without it, they would only have thousands of land-based ICBMs to commit suicide with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Lucky for them they have that sub. Because without it, they would only have thousands of land-based ICBMs to commit suicide with.

Not sure who may be committing suicide, and I really don't want to find out. Again, this is one time that the US could be threatened at home. If only they didn't have that sub huh.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Not sure who may be committing suicide, and I really don't want to find out. Again, this is one time that the US could be threatened at home. If only they didn't have that sub huh.

If you think Russia would survive as a nation after launching a nuclear war you're part of a very small minority. Are you familiar with the concept of mutually assured destruction?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Russia only has a total of 11 SSBNs (only doesn't seem like a good word given how devastating one can be really) guarantee not all of them at sea or even seaworthy. The US alone has 53 attack submarines (again, not all will be at sea) plus add others from NATO. What would be the odds on there being a US sub just behind a Russian sub sitting off the coast watching for any hatches opening.

On 2/1/2023 at 5:44 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Even more relevant with the discussion today between Biden and the leader of the house concerning the debt ceiling. The GOP want to reduce military spending, and one would imagine that it would be difficult to cut spending without impacting the support to Ukraine.

"The GOP want to reduce military spending..."

Got a source for that claim?

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 5:23 PM, Jingthing said:

Ukraine has chosen to be independent from Russia. 

Russia can't accept that.

It's looking like the key to this war is probably Crimea.

Ukraine remakes Crimea which monster Putin stole in 2014 and its full circle. 

Russia didn't want to lose its Mediterranean (southern) naval base in Sevastopol. 

The whole thing could have been avoided if Russia had asked for a Hongkong type 99 year lease on the area where most people speak Russian.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Russia didn't want to lose its Mediterranean (southern) naval base in Sevastopol. 

The whole thing could have been avoided if Russia had asked for a Hongkong type 99 year lease on the area where most people speak Russian.

Naive analysis. Putin doesn't recognize Ukraine's existence. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Just to be pedantic. Britain far as I know owned Hong Kong, but they depended on the New Territories to survive and the 99 year lease was on them.

Good point though.

• Like 1