PEA Visit

Is that the latest image?

Ours is way more recent then that, my guess it's even from 2023 because that house of the Neighbour has already it's roof on it and that happened maybe only 2ish weeks ago

• Like 1

I wouldn't be too worried about PEA visiting, we had them come here when we kept blowing the fuse at the transformer, they know we have a large solar installation and they haven't done anything to us except split our 6 house development across 3 phases instead of all on one phase.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Our personal guess is that because we went from almost 300 units to only 58 units (but AGAIN that is just guessing)

This is a worrying factor for me at the moment.  Since our last meter reading on the 16th Jan. our small scale system has been enjoying the sunshine and more than meeting our daytime needs.  As a result we have only purchased 10 units from our local PEA and with just over a week until the next reading we could be at a record low reading.

Our panels are mounted on the carport roof and definately not visible from the road.  But as @Crossymentioned, they are clearly visable from a MIC weather ballon.

The photo is very recent.  The white pickup parked opposite has only been there for about 3 weeks.

SmartSelect_20230204-140041_Maps.jpg.e573ce3adb75cc6bba1809d341bcf24b.jpg

Edited by 007 RED
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, MJCM said:

They did not Enter our Property, but used the property next door (by chance that is also owned by us) to walk through the rice field to the location where the panels are visible.

Nah doubt it, because they don't have a clue and as said where the panels are they are not visible for any of the neighbours as they all build their house right at the road and we went way further in.

The panels are only visible from that dirt road I mentioned that is used by the farmers to go the rice fields and PEA has no business on that road (no houses no electric cables etc)

Our personal guess is that because we went from almost 300 units to only 58 units (but AGAIN that is just guessing)

Do you have a safety feature built in if spinning meter and they shut line for maintenance.

11 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Do you have a safety feature built in if spinning meter and they shut line for maintenance.

Yeah, it's built into every domestic-type grid-tie inverter I've ever come across.

Anti-islanding is indeed the correct term.

• Thanks 2

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

It's not so much "legal" as "naughty".

Unless you have permission, you are not supposed to feed back surplus power into the PEA grid. Getting permission is like having orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.

But that said, they did not see our Meter spinning backwards as the GTI's were turned off. Also one day before Meter Reading day and also on Meter reader day they are turned off. They could have driven past of course when the GTI's were working but they are already turned off since Jan 29th so a bit strange that they come today!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

It's not so much "legal" as "naughty".

Unless you have permission, you are not supposed to feed back surplus power into the PEA grid. Getting permission is like having orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.

Oh I didn't get that part.

I remember my Dad has a solar system back in the US and they paid him for surplus power (which makes sense to me). Why does PEA not have a similar deal? Everyone wins right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

Why does PEA not have a similar deal?

They do, but the rate they pay for export is pretty dismal (even after a recent increase) and getting your system approved is "impossible" for a DIY installation.

The vast majority of small domestic systems simply spin the regular meter backwards during export and get 1:1 on the re-imported units.

• Like 1

Just now, NorthernRyland said:

So corruption and bureaucracy are holding back the country from making progress. Imagine my shock.

They are always making promises to improve it but nothing seems to happen.

Our (current) very Basic setup is only 2 x GTI's 6 panels and some Solar Cable. It doesn't generate much but it helped (some other energy saving measures as well) to decrease our Bill from almost 300 Units 5 months ago to 58 units last month.

pea.JPG.5378277d41e76126248efa9e5a3e2a65.JPG