REVEALED: Three Chinese spy balloons infiltrated the US during Trump administration but he NEVER shot them down or told the public - as Republicans call for Biden to resign for putting Americans at risk

Scott

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He was good as the Saint, but played Bond for chuckles.

Do we have no one that has the ability of Bond to sort stuff like the balloon, or are western governments all just floundering around making it up as they go along?

I suspect there is a lot of floundering around and making it up as they go. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

That is what I read on BBC some time back.

And, no, don't ask me for the URL. I read in on the BBC app on my phone.

Stationary it cant because there will always be some kind of force moving it heat, wind, temperatur

How do these balloons navigate?

Most of these balloons literally go where the wind blows. There can be a little bit of navigation, but there are certainly not people aboard them. They are at the mercy of whatever the weather is. They sometimes have guiding apparatus on them that change a balloon’s altitude to catch winds going in particular directions. According to reports, U.S. officials said the Chinese surveillance balloon had propellers to help steer it. If this is confirmed, it means that its operator would have much more control over the path of the balloon

Read more 

Chinese spy balloon over the US: An aerospace expert explains how the balloons work and what they can see

https://theconversation.com/chinese-spy-balloon-over-the-us-an-aerospace-expert-explains-how-the-balloons-work-and-what-they-can-see-199245

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He was good as the Saint, but played Bond for chuckles.

Do we have no one that has the ability of Bond to sort stuff like the balloon, or are western governments all just floundering around making it up as they go along?

I think that they would have all kinds of capabilities but they won't want others to know the detail and that's understandable.

• Like 2

I'm still waiting to learn as to WHY a "spy" balloon would be sent. Even if it had some manouverability it couldn't stay in one place with a balloon that size being blown by wind, and it was sure to have been discovered eventually.

What could be discovered that couldn't be by satellite, or by a spy on the ground, or in a plane.