Video: Russian airline aborts takeoff after tire explodes on runway at Phuket Airport

webfact

1 hour ago, Deli said:

Ivans clog every 7/11 on the island. That's reason enough for me to dislike them. Not talking about the war they started or not servicing planes and bringing danger to other people... want more ?

Perhaps you should live on a desert island where people don't clog the 7/11 and delay you doing whatever it is you do. And I doubt the ones blocking you getting to the counter are the ones not servicing planes. You do realise, don't you, that these Russians clogging the 7/11 are probably against the war and in Thailand to avoid being called up to kill strangers? But I guess you don't realise that. The stupidity of some of the posters on this site is sometimes breathtaking.

Next time you're queuing behind them at the 7/11, ask them why they are in Thailand and not in Russia. You might be surprised when you get an answer you clearly haven't had the initiative to think of for yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Perhaps you should live on a desert island where people don't clog the 7/11 and delay you doing whatever it is you do. And I doubt the ones blocking you getting to the counter are the ones not servicing planes. You do realise, don't you, that these Russians clogging the 7/11 are probably against the war and in Thailand to avoid being called up to kill strangers? But I guess you don't realise that. The stupidity of some of the posters on this site is sometimes breathtaking.

Next time you're queuing behind them at the 7/11, ask them why they are in Thailand and not in Russia. You might be surprised when you get an answer you clearly haven't had the initiative to think of for yourself.

So why are they on this flight back to Moscow?

12 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Looks like a compressor stall

Happened to me one time on a flight back from Sanaa to Sharjah on Yemen airways, on an old 727,  pilot ignored it and just flew on with it banging all the way back to Sharjah

I was seated right at the back of the aircraft right under that third engine that the 727 has

Good old Sana'a. Brings back memories.

13 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Of course not.

Quite likely birdstrike.

A completely wrong assumption makes it to a headline.

Tires might have been blown from the emergency break.

During war time it could have been sabotage.

However if that was the case it would be cover up no doubt 

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Of course not.

Quite likely birdstrike.

A completely wrong assumption makes it to a headline.

Tires might have been blown from the emergency break.

".........emergency break." 

And what break might that be? "Tea Break', "Coffee Break" or "Lunch Break"?

Looks like an engine fire to me!

"Video: Russian airline aborts takeoff after tire explodes on runway at Phuket Airport"

"...........after the Azur Air aircraft right jet engine malfunctioned during takeoff."

It took roughly 40 minutes to move the aircraft to a taxiway junction, where it obstructed other flights from landing or taking off. 

You couldn't make it up!

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Air traffic control staff observed smoke and flames coming from the right engine of the twinjet Boeing 767-300ER as it was preparing to depart for Moscow at 4:30pm on Saturday. After being alerted to the situation, the captain terminated takeoff and safely brought the plane to a stop on the runway.

As a non-pilot, let me ask....

Don't even old Russian-operated 767's have built-in engine fire alarms that would quickly alert the cockpit crew?

The above news report, rightly or wrongly, makes it sound like the pilots were going merrily on their way down the runway with a flaming engine until being alerted by ATC staff.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As a non-pilot, let me ask....

Don't even old Russian-operated 767's have built-in engine fire alarms that would quickly alert the cockpit crew?

The above news report, rightly or wrongly, makes it sound like the pilots were going merrily on their way down the runway with a flaming engine until being alerted by ATC staff.

The flight crew should have known exactly what was going on. Depending on how close the aircraft is to max speed for rejected take off (which is not a single constant speed) reaction window is pretty small, so crew priority is to assess situation, react as appropriate and then advise ATC. 

Only way to know exact sequence of comms would be to listen to CVR.

21 minutes ago, paulbrow said:

Watched these clips so many times! Not once could I find the plane or engine exploding into flames as the various articles claim. 

Guess you missed the freeze frame posted by Webfact 23 hours ago?

image.jpeg

Just now, lopburi3 said:

Guess you missed the freeze frame posted by Webfact 23 hours ago?

image.jpeg

The fact is that there is no way to know where the flame is actually located in this frame. All videos from above show the flame 1 to 2 meters behind the engine. In this freeze frame the fire could be anywhere.

1 minute ago, paulbrow said:

The fact is that there is no way to know where the flame is actually located in this frame. All videos from above show the flame 1 to 2 meters behind the engine. In this freeze frame the fire could be anywhere.

It is flame coming out of the engine and can easily be seen several times on the video (even by my 80 year old eyes). ????

• Thumbs Up 2

Given the number of comments, it seems clear that CIA, MI6, SAS, SOF, SBS and Seals must've synchronized their vacation schedules to allow all of the ASEAN Now investigators to take some well-deserved time off and chime in with their pithy investigative results ????

The screen grab clearly shows that at least one of the tires on the right side main landing gear on fire below the right side engine. 

Details are always the long pole in the 'investigators' tent.  Love the conspiracy tie-in, too...good stuff! ????