AIS SIM central BKK 300mbps Rubbish

Anyone having similar same problem with AIS?

Purchased sim internet 300mbps I'm only getting 150-200 in mall, Sukhumvhit MRT.

At home and work both very central BKK speeds dreadful 8-25 burst 40-60

I've checked absolutely everything possible in my phone multiple times and also been in contact with the AIS customer service Representatives.

They tell me that infrastructure is going in in this place. That is singular despite the fact that I am having these issues in multiple locations. Obviously, they're just getting me off their back.

I'm extremely unhappy.

Anyone else?

• Haha 1

You can try DTAC in your location for a low cost.

Some carriers are better than others depending on the location.

We have a special deal with them where you can get a ESIM for only 180THB.

You can try this link: https://esimcard.in.th - use promo code THAIVISACENTRE for the 100THB discount.

__

EDIT: Fixed the promocode (no spaces)

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

You can try DTAC in your location for a low cost.

Some carriers are better than others depending on the location.

We have a special deal with them where you can get a ESIM for only 180THB.

You can try this link: https://esimcard.in.th - use promo code THAI VISA CENTRE for the 100THB discount.

I LEFT DTAC

• Love It 1

Assume OP @SuperSilverHaze is talking about a 5G data package. I'm on AIS postpaid with a 4G Samsung S20 phone. At home here in Bangkok get 132Mbps/Down and 43Mbps/Up on AIS.

I can understand that OP might feel agrieved that he is not getting speeds he assumed or were "advertised" for the price paid. Be aware of small print which is likely what the network will fall back on as a get out. Doesn't make it right but that's how it is. As he mentioned network infrastructure will vary too. User numbers and data consumption on the cell site will likely affect speeds too - high concentrations of Thais watching TikTok, YouTube or Facebook videos will certainly slow network speeds.

OP did not mention which phone he's using. Some phones are much better than others when it comes to network speeds both on 4G/5G and WiFi connections.

I used to use DTAC from 2002 until 2020 and finally gave up on them as their data reliability became total s.h.i.t.e.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Are you having us on? ????

You didn’t purchase “SIM Internet 300Mbps”, you purchased a SIM on a network which is theoretically capable of up to 300Mbps, dependent on your location and your equipment. No one promised you 300Mbps. 
This is why intelligent people run speed tests at home before committing to a more expensive package. 

You're too funny pointing out the obvious. Of course.

I'm at times getting 8mbps on a 4g card (I've learned). The data is totally erratic.

The issue I have is that the 10mbps was faster often times.

The 300 is absolute burst rate. and to be fair it's hit that in two 'spots'.

Aside from the craptastic speeds <15 most areas deliver speeds no better to a bit better than the old sim.

I think the marathon sim has low network priority. When I had 10 my expectations were nill and so it over delivered. I expect 300 in the fine print really means 30. I found a 5G map and the coverage is laughable for all the promotion.

Yeah, I don't expect 200mbps speeds constant with this card. I also don't expect 20.

OnePlus 5G, AIS network qualified

Edited by SuperSilverHaze

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Are you having us on? ????

You didn’t purchase “SIM Internet 300Mbps”, you purchased a SIM on a network which is theoretically capable of up to 300Mbps, dependent on your location and your equipment. No one promised you 300Mbps. 
This is why intelligent people run speed tests at home before committing to a more expensive package. 

Same with True, paying for 500mbps,,,only geting 100+ or less, but weak weak signal strengh! That is the difference! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

I'm at times getting 8mbps on a 4g card (I've learned). The data is totally erratic.

Aside from the craptastic speeds <15 most areas deliver speeds no better to a bit better than the old sim.

I think the marathon sim has low network priority. When I had 10 my expectations were nill and so it over delivered. I expect 300 in the fine print really means 30. I found a 5G map and the coverage is laughable for all the promotion.

Yeah, I don't expect 200mbps speeds constant with this card. I also don't expect 20.

Also depends on the equipment being used. Does the device have the ability to utilise three lanes, two lanes or just one lane. 
Beyond that, the quoted speed may be best case. Real world gets in the way ????

Edited by NextG

1 hour ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

If it were a 5G plan, the quote would be ‘up to 1Gbps’. You write about an ‘up to 300Mbps’ SIM. Doesn’t sound as if you are using 5G. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, isaanistical said:

As others have said, dtac is worse than others and your quoted esim deal doesn't work. Get your inaccurate ads off this forum.

Sorry we have fixed it, its actually THAIVISACENTRE.

It does indeed work, and it is the lowest price you can obtain this type of esim for as retail is usually 299THB at the airport for example.

We usually only give it to our clients, and we were suggesting to try it as they may wish to try multiple carriers in their area.

This is one of the most economical ways of testing carrier reception on your own for your area / home / residence.

image.png.c4e636a772cd77fbc5d81e8bd98e18db.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Sorry we have fixed it, its actually THAIVISACENTRE.

It does indeed work, and it is the lowest price you can obtain this type of esim for as retail is usually 299THB at the airport for example.

We usually only give it to our clients, and we were suggesting to try it as they may wish to try multiple carriers in their area.

This is one of the most economical ways of testing carrier reception on your own for your area / home / residence.

image.png.c4e636a772cd77fbc5d81e8bd98e18db.png

Please stop posting your advertising here. I left DTAC after ten years and not going back. Looks like the Sims are for tourists. Two weeks lol... Joke right?

• Haha 1

I found a speed test/ analyzer "meteor". It indicates;

Connect 4G/5G

Network AIS,DTAC,TRUE.

Ping,up and down speeds.

Best/worst signal at your current location

My Dtac sim sometimes indicates I am coonected to an AIS network node

4 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Please stop posting your advertising here. I left DTAC after ten years and not going back. Looks like the Sims are for tourists. Two weeks lol... Joke right?

As mentioned this would be a way to test the network.

We are not advertising anything, as we actually lose money on every sale with that promotion code (you can confirm this by contacting DTAC about wholesale price for SIM cards, and you would see that you are getting a better rate than even that).

It was merely a $5 suggestion on how you can easily test another network without going to a shop or signing up for a contract or monthly plan. This may help someone else which is in another province having similar issues as yourself.

We did not know your past experience with DTAC, and wanted to correct our original post.

8 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

I'm at work the speed is 11k often. This is not what I purchased.

I don’t see why you are complaining. There is never any guarantee of the speed you will get. It is always dependent on; where you are, if in a building- how it’s constructed, where the cell tower is, how many people are connecting to the node, how much bandwidth they are using, the time of day, passing traffic, the weather, and likely other factors.

FWIW My connection varies between 31/80 to 325/374 on a 300/300 plan

If you can’t be bothered to do due diligence and test the real world speeds in various conditions you only have your self to blame. It’s quite possible that no network will get good speeds in your workplace.

You can hope that more cell sites will be installed 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I don’t see why you are complaining. There is never any guarantee of the speed you will get. It is always dependent on; where you are, if in a building- how it’s constructed, where the cell tower is, how many people are connecting to the node, how much bandwidth they are using, the time of day, passing traffic, the weather, and likely other factors.

FWIW My connection varies between 31/80 to 325/374 on a 300/300 plan

If you can’t be bothered to do due diligence and test the real world speeds in various conditions you only have your self to blame. It’s quite possible that no network will get good speeds in your workplace.

You can hope that more cell sites will be installed 

Except my work place is dead center Bangkok. I can't think of anywhere that should be faster.

Due diligence lol. How can you check a sim before you purchase it?

Had a lesser package, slower. That sim didn't have the higher end speeds but it never was 7.5-10 mid morning central Bangkok. If you don't see the issue you need your head examined

57 minutes ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Except my work place is dead center Bangkok. I can't think of anywhere that should be faster.

Had a lesser package, slower. That sim didn't have the higher end speeds but it never was 7.5-10 mid morning central Bangkok. If you don't see the issue you need your head examined

You clearly have no understanding of the way that buildings and surroundings influence reception. 

That your workplace is in the centre of Bangkok makes zero difference to: how your building is constructed, where the cell tower is, how many people are connecting to the node, how much bandwidth they are using, the time of day, passing traffic, the weather, etc. in fact being in central Bangkok makes all of that even more possible to effect reception. Why do you think that companies Have fibre connections to their buildings and multiple Wi-Fi access points (though unlikely to be 6E capability) and why do you think that the cell technology allows piggybacking on Wi-Fi. You are probably in a concrete building, reenforced concrete buildings are not quite faraday cages but the structure certainly plays hell with fast reception (hence the Wi-Fi repeaters in most buildings)

If you want the best chance of an excellent reception, work in a wood structure in the countryside within a short distance of a series of 5G cell sites with few young neighbours. 

Again you don’t understand due diligence, for that you need a SIM or e-SIM from the main providers, then a short term deal, they all have them, and check your reception.

So back at you If you don't see the issue you need your head examined.  Or at the very least understand that cell reception is not a Starbucks coffee where it doesn’t matter where you are you will always get the same (mediocre, in my opinion, ) product. Though thinking about it the further away from the source the warmer, or cooler, you beverage will be.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 2/9/2023 at 6:38 AM, SuperSilverHaze said:

You buy a SIM for 50 baht and then add a day pack to test it where you intend to use it. If no good, try another provider or lower your expectations ????

If 17Mbps is the best you can get at your workplace, then buy a package to suit.

Try another network, it’s not a huge outlay. If none are better then you can stop complaining ???? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NextG said:

You buy a SIM for 50 baht and then add a day pack to test it where you intend to use it. If no good, try another provider or lower your expectations ????

If 17Mbps is the best you can get at your workplace, then buy a package to suit.

Try another network, it’s not a huge outlay. If none are better then you can stop complaining ???? 

He said he was getting 17K

On 2/9/2023 at 6:38 AM, SuperSilverHaze said:

For instance if you need a SIM for a fixed point at work specifically a NT Wireless Thunder package might work for you. 199 baht for one month, 599 for six months, 999 baht for 12 months. 
Though this is recommended only if you work on floors lower than the 6th and are in their catchment area. 
If you fit, they allow you to test the SIM and return it if it doesn’t meet expectations. 

8 minutes ago, NextG said:

That is AFTER he bought the package. He asked about BEFOREHAND and that is my advice. Try following the thread…

My response was re the incorrect information in your post 17K not 17mbs try proof reading your input