Wasp Nest Spray

keithv

Anybody know where you can by aerosol cans of wasp nest spray - the kind that sprays a narrow stream of foam up to about 3-4 meters? I've been to many hardware, homeware, and garden-type stores, but have not found it yet. They have liquid poisons and aerosol cans for short distance - maybe up to 30 cm, but nothing long distance. I have a wasp nest that is a couple of meters out of reach. 

Maybe buy one of these

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/20-kanto-kt-pro-20-i3681392119-s13901629335.html

They can spray quite a distance.

You buy a can of insect killer at local hardware store and mix it in with water.

Edit: We use this stuff

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/chaindrite-30-60-30-i2735675794-s9920579410.html

Edited by MJCM

There are some really (really) nasty back and yellow chaps here.

Your local village office will have the name of the local wasp/snake/crocodile/elephant wrangler who will dispose of them for a nominal fee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've used a funnel of say 3 sheets of newspaper, lit, burning well, then slowly at first then quickly set under wasps nests so the flames engulf the nest.

I've used it on insane sized and cunning hornets, Euro wasp nest, in the USA, Australia wasps, LOS, Europe and its a foolproof method.

One huge nest of massive hornets in the loft bunkhouse of a cabin in Pennsylvania once which all the Yank when they saw it ran for their lives ... they said these hornets were incredibly fierce in their sting and super aggressive.

I dealt with the lot in a few minutes ... they didn't know what hit them!

Yes, yes I know I am regular Steve Irwin lol ????????

No need to buy, expensive, and very toxic chemicals to deal with them.

Wasps and hornets are smart and can see really well, and unlike bees they can sting indefinitely. Yet to the flame method they seem to not react.

If they see you (and believe me they can see you perfectly with their compound eyes) spraying them with either a foam or a insecticide and you miss one or more with the aerosol they will attack and sting you over and over again and NOT stop.

The flame method destroys the 'guards' around the nest wings instantly so they simply can't sting and emit their warning signal to the other wasps to emerge when they detect a  threat (if that happens then you are in real trouble!).

If the outside guards are buzzing further away from the nest they can be dealt with by simply placing the flames under them then you attend immediately to the whole nest.

If one of the outside guards does come at you you simply wave the burning funnel at them (they don't fly very fast). They drop straight to the ground often burnt to death or at the very least wingless. 

I've never been attacked doing this (and I've been asked to deal with dozens of nests in my days).

Their wings get burnt of them instantly as they buzz around outside the next (guard wasps).

Those inside the nest when they try to emerge have their wings burnt off instantly also.

First observe from a safe distance (and move slowly when you do this) watch the activity around the nest before planning your incineration.

You simply hold the burning funnel under the nest for maybe 30 second to a minute and they'll be burnt then you can sweep away the nest and toss it in the garbage bin.

Works perfectly every time.

If its high up then attach the funnel with tape to a pole, light it, get it burning nicely then simply and with a positive (not hesitant !!) action place it underneath the nest. 

It's a good rule of thumb to walk around the house, inspect regularly for new nests, and simply use a broom or something the sweep them entirely away as the new nests are being built and uninhabited because. 

Edited by Tropposurfer

On 2/9/2023 at 10:14 AM, Tropposurfer said:

I've used a funnel of say 3 sheets of newspaper, lit, burning well, then slowly at first then quickly set under wasps nests so the flames engulf the nest.

I've used it on insane sized and cunning hornets, Euro wasp nest, in the USA, Australia wasps, LOS, Europe and its a foolproof method.

One huge nest of massive hornets in the loft bunkhouse of a cabin in Pennsylvania once which all the Yank when they saw it ran for their lives ... they said these hornets were incredibly fierce in their sting and super aggressive.

I dealt with the lot in a few minutes ... they didn't know what hit them!

Yes, yes I know I am regular Steve Irwin lol ????????

No need to buy, expensive, and very toxic chemicals to deal with them.

Wasps and hornets are smart and can see really well, and unlike bees they can sting indefinitely. Yet to the flame method they seem to not react.

If they see you (and believe me they can see you perfectly with their compound eyes) spraying them with either a foam or a insecticide and you miss one or more with the aerosol they will attack and sting you over and over again and NOT stop.

The flame method destroys the 'guards' around the nest wings instantly so they simply can't sting and emit their warning signal to the other wasps to emerge when they detect a  threat (if that happens then you are in real trouble!).

If the outside guards are buzzing further away from the nest they can be dealt with by simply placing the flames under them then you attend immediately to the whole nest.

If one of the outside guards does come at you you simply wave the burning funnel at them (they don't fly very fast). They drop straight to the ground often burnt to death or at the very least wingless. 

I've never been attacked doing this (and I've been asked to deal with dozens of nests in my days).

Their wings get burnt of them instantly as they buzz around outside the next (guard wasps).

Those inside the nest when they try to emerge have their wings burnt off instantly also.

First observe from a safe distance (and move slowly when you do this) watch the activity around the nest before planning your incineration.

You simply hold the burning funnel under the nest for maybe 30 second to a minute and they'll be burnt then you can sweep away the nest and toss it in the garbage bin.

Works perfectly every time.

If its high up then attach the funnel with tape to a pole, light it, get it burning nicely then simply and with a positive (not hesitant !!) action place it underneath the nest. 

It's a good rule of thumb to walk around the house, inspect regularly for new nests, and simply use a broom or something the sweep them entirely away as the new nests are being built and uninhabited because. 

I had a Hornets nest in are cattle shed, one evening  when they are all back in the nest, a log pole rag soaked in diesel set light to the nest ..................less than 2 weeks later they were back again, had the same problem using sprays we use the mosquito one. when they are gone we destroyed the nest ..............back they come again. 

If you can get  an insecticide containing dichlorvos (AKA: DDVP, Vapona)  it should kill them pretty quickly.  It's a contact/stomach/fumigant poison.  I used a pest strip containing DDVP to kill wasps that were inside under my roof.  I cut a piece of the impregnated strip and stuck it where they were crawling in.  They were flying and dying within a few minutes and all dead the next day. It has a fumigant action that lasts quite awhile. (It's used in animal flea collars.)

Here is something similar containing DDVP.  (They should not be used in an enclosed living space unless you vacate for awhile and then air the place out well afterwards. Good for a shed or in the rafters of an open garage)  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/garbage-guard-pest-strip-model-t800-terro-insect-killer-i3175818641-s11884370311.html?clickTrackInfo=query%3Apest%2Bstrip%2Binsecticide%3Bnid%3A3175818641%3Bsrc%3ALazadaMainSrp%3Brn%3A448b24de66fac0e3497523cd42067088%3Bregion%3Ath%3Bsku%3A3175818641_TH%3Bprice%3A1089%3Bclient%3Adesktop%3Bsupplier_id%3A100089265%3Basc_category_id%3A13876%3Bitem_id%3A3175818641%3Bsku_id%3A11884370311%3Bshop_id%3A120436&fastshipping=0&freeshipping=1&fs_ab=1&fuse_fs=1&lang=en&location=Chiang Mai&price=1089&priceCompare=&ratingscore=0&request_id=448b24de66fac0e3497523cd42067088&review=&sale=0&search=1&source=search&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.i4.df425e15wcfyJ2&stock=1

Years and years ago I bought a small bottle of concentrated DDVP to use on a bean crop.  An agriculture supply store may have it.

image.png.6908507c2c9333d21f5e7463a22a5d93.png

Here's what I used.  $7.50 (250 Baht) in the USA.

image.png.30e8eae53aad5802fcfba32c1e251ad9.png

Edited by Damrongsak