Seven French motorcyclists fined for causing a nuisance in Phuket

webfact

On 2/9/2023 at 6:58 AM, xylophone said:

They are mainly French Arabs and they have absolutely no respect for anything to do with road laws, or for that matter anyone using the road. In fact they are a huge danger and I have nearly been wiped out on a few occasions by these idiots.

I see none of them were wearing crash helmets, as they never do, so hopefully the BIB will be on the lookout for these bar-stewards and lock them up if possible.

Indeed, the only French thing about them is their ID card. They are the reason why I left Phuket 10 years ago, I didn't relocate 10,000 km away to put up with the scumbags I grew up with.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/9/2023 at 12:53 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

Can't see how any of the people participating in stuff like this, in Thailand, can be genuine or good to keep here too. If they were like 16-17 years old, I could understand.

Actually they are probably 23 to 33 year olds but regardless, you probably still won't understand.

On 2/9/2023 at 2:44 PM, richard_smith237 said:
On 2/9/2023 at 2:36 PM, rankric said:

Looks like gang culture. Revving their bikes may not be all they are doing wrong. 

Besides not wearing helmets, causing a nuisance and possibly not being licence....  What else do you think this ‘gang’ were doing wrong ???

Do you think all groups of tourists are gangs doing their ‘gang culture’ thing ?

Easy there richard, our @rankric is a rookie.

Edited by NanLaew

On 2/9/2023 at 4:05 PM, Tropposurfer said:

Another stellar affirmation as to why I/we rarely go to Patong.

Ahh the joys of now being semi-sane, somewhat mature, reflective, and gaining joy from anything but threatening risk taking man-child motivations. Little boys in men's bodies.

The place, like Patt's, is lousy with these idiots.

Don't get too stressed about Patong and Pattaya going to the dogs. We've had some total wallies pop up in deepest Isaan and try and pull similar stunts (and worse). They don't last too long and we can get back to watching the rice grow.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/9/2023 at 7:30 PM, xylophone said:

In addition you only have to travel round certain towns and cities in France to hear what the locals call this group of people, something entirely different, and it is not complimentary in the slightest.

Same same as Leicester and Blackburn then?

I guess bigots aren't unique to France after all.

PS: The Blackburn taxi services are second to none. Ask any pished up white bloke wanting to get home from the pub.

23 hours ago, London Lowf said:

What do you think they got? A thousand or two in fines and allowed to carry on with their days. Many of these guys are on Xmaxs and Tmaxs - not cheap to rent. A fine is no deterrent whatsoever, or else everyone would be riding around with licences and helmets.

The police need to clamp down on everyone and then sharp objects like these will learn to respect the law - earlier this evening the police were controlling the lights outside the police station (I was sat on a red for 14 minutes!) and pulling over dozens of bikes - but we all know that they are peeing into the wind as this enforcement is not maintained and the fines are little more than a minor inconvenience to most tourists and something to brag about on SM or when they get home - all part of the Thai experience.

And to think some have complained long and loud about England's speed cameras as only being cash cow.

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

Revisiting my post, I retract my apology, because French Arabs is what I have always called them, and they are called the same on the Internet (with many articles about this) not only by folks like me, but by scholars and various publications.

French Canadians is another term used quite frequently as are many other terms of similar ilk – – so I will opt out of this woke world nonsense and continue speak how I've always spoken. And for the record I didn't use my experiences to influence my judgement, it's just what they are!

Well buggar me with (another) stick of rhubarb, that was easy, eh?

Are you wearing flip flops by any chance?

16 hours ago, DrDave said:
On 2/9/2023 at 7:30 PM, xylophone said:

<snip>

In addition you only have to travel round certain towns and cities in France to hear what the locals call this group of people, something entirely different, and it is not complimentary in the slightest.

<snip>

In high school, we were taught that term by our French language teacher.

And?

21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Being Français?

On 2/9/2023 at 2:44 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Besides not wearing helmets, causing a nuisance and possibly not being licence....  What else do you think this ‘gang’ were doing wrong ???

racing on the main road thru Kamala,
Running red lights
Kidnapping girls ( back in 2018)
smoking pot on the beach

Playing techno music on the beach disturbing others siting nearby

After almost two dozen French nationals were arrested for driving without licenses and racing in #Phuket, police and French officials have met to discuss plans to better educate French tourists around Thai driving requirements.

https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/02/11/update-french-consul-in-phuket-meets-with-patong-police-after-french-motorbike-racers-arrested/

lrgSti1h?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by anchadian
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:
  On 2/9/2023 at 2:44 PM, richard_smith237 said:

racing on the main road thru Kamala,
Running red lights
Kidnapping girls ( back in 2018)
smoking pot on the beach

Playing techno music on the beach disturbing others siting nearby

I didn't ask, what are you telling me that for?

We used to live down the Southern end of Nanai up until about 10 years ago.

These $%^&'s moved in whole scale to a Guest House nearby and completely ruined the area.

We sold up, at a nice profit I must say, and moved over to Chalong - best move I've ever made.

On 2/9/2023 at 12:15 PM, daveAustin said:

Never see locals doing this type of thing of course. Happy to see the French getting nobbled though... what do they think it is, storming of the Bastille II.

I guess this is the kind of arabic french that behave the same way in France.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/11/2023 at 2:18 PM, anchadian said:

After almost two dozen French nationals were arrested for driving without licenses and racing in #Phuket, police and French officials have met to discuss plans to better educate French tourists around Thai driving requirements.

https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/02/11/update-french-consul-in-phuket-meets-with-patong-police-after-french-motorbike-racers-arrested/

lrgSti1h?format=jpg&name=900x900

He doesn't look french at all

On 2/11/2023 at 11:59 AM, Atlantic0077 said:

I am French / Thai and I think these "French" passport holders give France a bad name. Enough

I am french too. I feel same.

In France, 60% of people in prison belong to that, "community "

• Like 1