Seven French motorcyclists fined for causing a nuisance in Phuket

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

maintain the image of Phuket.

i mean you have to give them credit for the tenacity of which they pound these statements to the public. 

as i make a waving motion with my hand.....these aren't the hoz you're looking for. 

46 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Can't see how any of the people participating in stuff like this, in Thailand, can be genuine or good to keep here too. If they were like 16-17 years old, I could understand.

Just 16-17 year old mentality.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Some posters would wish to see foreigners deported for passing wind !!.... 

They were reported as ‘reving’ their engines.....  The bikes looks like ‘scooter’ style bikes without a clutch, I’m not sure how those can be ‘reved’ without accelerating off !!!....   the story may have been somewhat embellished. 

No doubt they were behaving like tools though and drew plenty of attention hence the reports....

But deportation ?....  Some of you posters are so unhinged and unbalanced you want everyone deported for everything !!!... 

Twist and go do make a row if one opens full throttle to get the engine and trans to catch up, now put about 20 of these together, then you get an annoying racket for many on foot......

Put the revving and them shouting, "Vive la France" together, then you have terrible din....:saai:

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, transam said:

Twist and go do make a row if one opens full throttle to get the engine and trans to catch up, now put about 20 of these together, then you get an annoying racket for many on foot......

Put the revving and them shouting, "Vive la France" together, then you have terrible din....:saai:

Yep... I guess so...  but isn’t that the same as all the motorcyclist pulling away from a set of traffic lights ?

I guess these guys were acting like tools and drew attention....  were rightly fined... would Thai guys be fined the same amounts ?

Hopefully multiple fines - no helmet as well as causing a nuisance. 

Did they have licences ? the police would have confiscated their bikes if they had no licences, right ???

hmm... or would the police have taken their money (fine) and let them continue riding ?

None of this is a deportable offence though... unless one really is the consummate GOM... 

6 minutes ago, rankric said:

Looks like gang culture. Revving their bikes may not be all they are doing wrong. 

Besides not wearing helmets, causing a nuisance and possibly not being licence....  What else do you think this ‘gang’ were doing wrong ???

Do you think all groups of tourists are gangs doing their ‘gang culture’ thing ?

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

They are mainly French Arabs and they have absolutely no respect for anything to do with road laws, or for that matter anyone using the road. In fact they are a huge danger and I have nearly been wiped out on a few occasions by these idiots.

I see none of them were wearing crash helmets, as they never do, so hopefully the BIB will be on the lookout for these bar-stewards and lock them up if possible.

I’m surprised the police managed to find them at all, as they fit in perfectly here with that kind of behaviour ???? 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

They are mainly French Arabs and they have absolutely no respect for anything to do with road laws, or for that matter anyone using the road. In fact they are a huge danger and I have nearly been wiped out on a few occasions by these idiots.

I see none of them were wearing crash helmets, as they never do, so hopefully the BIB will be on the lookout for these bar-stewards and lock them up if possible.

That's a convincing post, they'd fit in perfectly with the locals here in Buriram.

Another stellar affirmation as to why I/we rarely go to Patong.

Ahh the joys of now being semi-sane, somewhat mature, reflective, and gaining joy from anything but threatening risk taking man-child motivations. Little boys in men's bodies.

The place, like Patt's, is lousy with these idiots.