Missed 90 day report

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

2000baht. 

You will need to go in person.

If you are still ill just defer it and go later.

The fine will still be 2k

It looks like it is not 2000 baht anymore, at least in CM Immigration.
I do not know if it is old news, but it is a much stiffer fine now..... 5000 + 2000 for each day ..... 
And they stapled the note in my passport to make sure I knew it.

image.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Depending onthe hospital they can:

Docuement you stay,

Some are able to do immigration services for you

If you are on your own, take ALL HOSPITAL receipts with you to immigration if you need to stay and plead your case.  Some ( a few only ) have got a pass. Your chances are better with a supervisor ""SOMETIMES"". It all depends on the boffice

• Like 1

You may have to file a TM30 before you can do a 90 day report. It may have been done wherever you stayed before you went into hospital. Whether the hospital would have done it I don't know.

Google: TM30 filing aseannow

Edited by mokwit

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Given up commentating on CM.

From their TM30 made up rules and other rubbish.

Nonsense immigration office. 

Whether they enforce that or not is unknown to me.....but they're quoting the Immigration Act which, if this law site is correct, reads:

"Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2), (3), (4) or (5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with."

The real question to me is whether CM Immigration's additional fine of "2,000 baht per day" is a typo or not (meaning is it deliberate?).

Edited by TheAppletons
Clarification
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarleyMarl said:

Just putting this out there, I've lived here for over 10 years and never done a 90day report, and never paid more than 2k thb fine come extension renewal time...

Assuming you are on an annual extension, depends which Imm office. CW won't process an extension without current 90 day report.

Edited by mokwit

1 hour ago, marioc said:

It looks like it is not 2000 baht anymore, at least in CM Immigration.
I do not know if it is old news, but it is a much stiffer fine now..... 5000 + 2000 for each day ..... 

I just missed my first 90 report by 2 weeks and despite getting that same ticket in my passport I was only changed 2000 baht (last week). What's going on here? did they change the law and they're ignoring it themselves?

13 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

"Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2), (3), (4) or (5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with."

The real question to me is whether CM Immigration's additional fine of "2,000 baht per day" is a typo or not (meaning is it deliberate?).

So they're totally full of it. They just charge a flat fine of 2000 baht regardless and they're outright lying in their ticket they put in our passports. I wondered why that read so confusingly.

• Like 1