Cabinet approves tourist fee of 150-300 baht for all foreign tourists

snoop1130

12 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

tourists have money.. they pay  entree tax, and leaving tax, we have double pricing for them in national parks, no meter taxis, and we fine them for no helmets, e cigarettes, and no driverslicenses....  Alcohol can not be bought during daytime, and we wonder why tourists don't come

Actually I wonder why they come.

13 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

tourists have money.. they pay  entree tax, and leaving tax, we have double pricing for them in national parks, no meter taxis, and we fine them for no helmets, e cigarettes, and no driverslicenses....  Alcohol can not be bought during daytime, and we wonder why tourists don't come

Tourist do not come, what rock have you had your head under. The hotel association in Chiang Mai has said 1.7 million tourist have visited Chiang Mai since the beginning of high season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Not sure why the people who are more likely to afford spending more money such as highly paid diplomatic passport holders are exempt? Maybe because they can afford their own bills?

Maybe because their medical bills are covered by their governments they are not a liability to the Thais government as uninsured foreigners are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Expats feel superior to sexpats. Sexpats feel superior to English teachers. English teachers feel superior to backpackers. Backpackers feel superior to begpackers. 

Begpackers  feel superior to sexpats.

Stop moaning and pay the damn $10, most countries charge more.  

Excellent and oh so true.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Good morning,

Inflation , Coming out of a Pandemic and war in Ukraine and double pricing Foreigners and Thailand charging more fees !!!?? 
You certainly have ALL !! The right ingredients for Foreigners to travel elsewhere !! 
In the end this money , Money , Money all the time will turn around a bite you in the Ass !! 

Are you from the UK?

If a Thai goes there, they have to pay 4,000 baht. 

The Thai government should reciprocate and make it as hard for Brits to come here as it is for Thais to go there. 

And yet we have Brits, Yanks etc complaining about Thailand only charging tourists $10

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, brianburi said:
22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Alcohol can be bought "during daytime"!

Only between certain hours. Stop trying to be a clever .... all the time.....

My deepest apology for correcting a blatant inaccuracy, maybe those who post them should stop posting them..."all the time"?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not bothered by the 300 baht that will be collected in the future, but by this flimsy, blurry reasoning as it will beused. That there is some additional benefit for the tourists, insurance coverage, regional development, blah blah. Anyone who believes that doesn't know Thailand. I suspect that the money will seep away into dark channels, as it so often happens, and end up in the private pockets of corrupt officials.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:
24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Alcohol can be bought "during daytime"!

Only between 12.00pm(lunchtime) and 2.00pm, then after 5.00pm?

As posted, alcohol can be bought during the daytime in Thailand, it can also be bought during the hours that you point out that for which some outlets have restrictions.

I give two excrements about 300 baht like most people.   However, I can see one potential upside for those of us that live and work here:  If in fact this gets collected at the airport, which I can see no other way for them to do this logistically-speaking given the plan they've proposed, the only way to do so will be to have separate lines at Immigration for those that have work permits on-hand.   This could be a boon for us that do have one as we'll sail on through since probably well less than 10% of people traveling into this place have a work permit.

Yeah yeah, hopes and dreams.    But I'm allowed them!  ????

• Like 1