Is there a toilet hose whose head lets you adjust the water pressure?

eboy

When I want to adjust the pressure of the jet of water provided by my toilet hose I have to get down on my hands and knees and tweak the water pressure valve located near the bottom of the toilet. I can never get the pressure right. It's always painfully strong, or ineffectively weak. Is there a toilet hose for sale where the hose head lets you adjust the strength of the stream of water coming out of it?

If the answer is yes, could you please provide the brand, model number, and hopefully a website where I can order it? A photo would also be nice.

Edited by eboy

The get the exact required pressure is often difficult because of unstable water pressure in the building. In my case the pressure changes from minute to minute even the valve position is exactly the same. I have so far not seen an adjustable hose itself, the valves are normally located at the wall near the toilet.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crossy said:

We have several "stainless steel" variants which, if you can "feel" the clutch on a manual transmission, you can easily regulate the flow and not get the involuntary enema :whistling:

Hence my preference for two separate valved wall outlets for the toilet... one fully open for fast cistern filling, and one which can be regulated to control the pressure and flow rate of the bum gun.

Mandatory if you have a quality water pump like the Grundfos Scala2 which can deliver 5 m3/hr at 0-8m head at 10 bar (145 PSI).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Encid said:

Hence my preference for two separate valved wall outlets for the toilet... one fully open for fast cistern filling, and one which can be regulated to control the pressure and flow rate of the bum gun.

Mandatory if you have a quality water pump like the Grundfos Scala2 which can deliver 5 m3/hr at 0-8m head at 10 bar (145 PSI).

My BIL fitted a T piece with 2 taps. On for the toilet and one for the bum gun. Both work well and independently of each other.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, eboy said:

I found a product on Amazon.com that looks like it might do the trick. Do any plumbing experts reading his think it might, or might not, work? Here's the link:

Water Flow Control Valve

The seller says it's designed to work with a "bidet sprayer", which I guess is a nice way of saying a bum gun.

It’s no different than the locally sourced products you have already been told of. However if you don’t want to go into your local store, it will work, though the control is smaller so not as good.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

7 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It’s no different than the locally sourced products you have already been told of. However if you don’t want to go into your local store, it will work, though the control is smaller so not as good.

I believe it is different. It goes right on the hose, flush with the sprayer. Not under the toilet.

I believe OP is relying on city/village water pressure (no tank/pump), so you'll just need to turn up to full pressure, and trial & error, hope to find a bum gun such as Crossy  has, that can adjust to flow while using.

Our city pressure is fairly constant, high, and gun is adjustable with a soft touch.

1 hour ago, eboy said:

I believe it is different. It goes right on the hose, flush with the sprayer. Not under the toilet.

That doesn’t match your initial post.

15 hours ago, eboy said:

I have to get down on my hands and knees and tweak the water pressure valve located near the bottom of the toilet

None of the valves suggested need to be “under the toilet” neither of mine are, they are beside the toilet, on “hands and knees” required, and I am neither unusually large nor hyper limber ???? 

5700A447-4293-4CCD-AB0E-D7404B97681B.thumb.jpeg.4fede3befa16959d57c5265723b0ff28.jpeg

If you were to post a couple of pictures you would get better suggestions.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

Issue is water pressure change to main tap - not absence of control valve.

Yes there are adjustable guns - but in my experience not worth using - fail easily and leak.

Light touch on trigger of good quality gun will work wonders.  

Good quality control valve could also be helpful (long handle easy to adjust).

If living in house good quality water pump might be all you need.

15 hours ago, Encid said:

Or if you , like me, live below the water treatment plant. Their pump is bigger than yours.????

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, GregTN said:

We have a mid priced stainless steel sprayer that the pressure changes the more you squeeze the trigger.  Purchased at Home Pro if I remember correctly.

VRH brand (Thai made) has been our choice for many years - very dependable.

On 2/17/2023 at 6:16 PM, GregTN said:

We have a mid priced stainless steel sprayer that the pressure changes the more you squeeze the trigger.  Purchased at Home Pro if I remember correctly.

Not everyone has the midwife' touch.

23 hours ago, eboy said:

I got the product through Lazada and installed it just now. It was easy to install by hand, no tools necessary. So far seems to work fine.

1695906283_bidethosesetup.thumb.jpg.fce76e7709bc0f934bb641297692e860.jpg

I tried one of those and the problem is that you need an adjustor on the adjustor and it does not work with wifi.

• Haha 1