Buriram IO 90 day report question

the question is about Buriram IO especially..

I will have to stay in Pattaya due to circumstances for (probably) a longer period of time.

Now I will go to Pattaya approx 3 weeks before my 90 day report is due and as 90 day online reports are (what I have read) not accepted by Buriram IO (and I also had no luck submitting the online report) what are my options to still do my 90 day report.

I thought of sending my passport to the BIL and he then can do the 90 day report but I am totally hesitant to send my passport via EMS for example.

Any thoughts?

TiA

Edited by MJCM

5 hours ago, MJCM said:

Thx. But does Buriram IO accept mail in reports? Will go and ask next week and will report back. 

A friend of mine here in Buriram did his online but never confirmation that it was approved so ended up having to go to office. All up about 4 weeks after doing online the approval email came through

10 hours ago, MJCM said:

the question is about Buriram IO especially..

I will have to stay in Pattaya due to circumstances for (probably) a longer period of time.

Now I will go to Pattaya approx 3 weeks before my 90 day report is due and as 90 day online reports are (what I have read) not accepted by Buriram IO (and I also had no luck submitting the online report) what are my options to still do my 90 day report.

I thought of sending my passport to the BIL and he then can do the 90 day report but I am totally hesitant to send my passport via EMS for example.

Any thoughts?

TiA

Online 90 Day reports are definitely accepted by Buriram IO. 

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I know they accept them, but personally I never had any luck doing them. always had to go (after the due date) to the office myself.

So far, I've had 100% (5 out of 5) of my 90 day reports approved by Buriram IO, when using the "new" online 90 day reporting website which was implemented in December 2021. Prior to that, I have had all my 90 day reports since the system was first implemented in April 2015, (that I have been able to submit) successfully approved using the "old" website.

The times when I could not submit a report were when:

1) The immigration extranet was not available (For various reasons)

2) I got a new passport

Once I left Thailand and entered using my new passport, I was good to go again.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Not my application this time, which was due on 9 Feb which I submitted  on 26 Jan. No notice given as to why it failed. I had no choice but to go in person on 10 Feb. I was told that there was a computer breakdown. Believe it if you want.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

So far, I've had 100% (5 out of 5) of my 90 day reports approved by Buriram IO, when using the "new" online 90 day reporting website which was implemented in December 2021. Prior to that, I have had all my 90 day reports since the system was first implemented in April 2015, (that I have been able to submit) successfully approved using the "old" website.

The times when I could not submit a report were when:

1) The immigration extranet was not available (For various reasons)

2) I got a new passport

Once I left Thailand and entered using my new passport, I was good to go again.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Good for you.

The old system worked for me 100%, but the new system never every time I tried and that is why I opened this topic because I want to have alternatives because I will be 400km+ away and thus not able to visit the IO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:
11 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Not my application this time, which was due on 9 Feb which I submitted  on 26 Jan. No notice given as to why it failed. I had no choice but to go in person on 10 Feb. I was told that there was a computer breakdown. Believe it if you want.

As for the computer breakdown, I would hazard a guess that statement was just a face saving excuse. I should have been more specific and qualified my statement by adding "from some people". I also know a couple of people who have submitted reports which have either been rejected or simply ignored, forcing them to make a personal visit to the IO.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, brianthainess said:

Worst case scenario 2k fine though some will dispute this as 4k and 500 a day, but I have never heard of this happening.

I will be back in Buriram on Monday so Tuesday I will be going to IO and ask what my options are.

I will post updates

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2023 at 8:22 PM, Mutt Daeng said:

Agreed.

I did my last 90 day report on line to Buriram immigration office.

You need to do it at earliest possible time 'cause they are not into high speed with such things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Muhendis said:

Agreed.

You need to do it at earliest possible time 'cause they are not into high speed with such things.

I use Buriram office online and doing mine 14 days before due date didn't work.

Not my application this time, which was due on 9 Feb which I submitted  on 26 Jan. No notice given as to why it failed. I had no choice but to go in person on 10 Feb. I was told that there was a computer breakdown.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Muhendis said:

Agreed.

Thx. But my issue is thus, that if it doesn’t work and keeps saying pending I will have a problem as I am unable to go to IO as I will be 500kms away ????

11 minutes ago, mick220675 said:

When I have had any problems relating to my visa etc I have phoned them up. They are very friendly and helpful. They will tell you what to do and how to do it. 

Thx, but I am on my way back home and will be tmrw going to the IO and ask them. 

27 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Why don't you just mail it?

I have / had no idea that was / is possible. That’s why this thread ????

edit. And no one will be home to receive it, but can / will address the return envelope to the BIL house. 

will ask them tmrw

Edited by MJCM
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/19/2023 at 10:15 AM, brianthainess said:

Worst case scenario 2k fine though some will dispute this as 4k and 500 a day, but I have never heard of this happening.

Immigration website says 2k if submitting it late and 4k if you're arrested.

5 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Immigration website says 2k if submitting it late and 4k if you're arrested.

But if you have notified them and it is confirmable, with proof, by showing your 90 day application then surely they can't fine you. The requirement is that you only have to notify them of your intention to stay another 90 days. If they fail to respond to your application then that isn't your problem. You've done your bit.

21 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

Anyone know the ramifications of not doing a 90 day report then exiting the country before your extension expires. 

No problem. 

but that said, how long after the report is due you are leaving?

Edited by MJCM

2 hours ago, lanng khao said:

I've got my first one end of march then I'd probably be leaving roundabout when the next ones due after that, end of June.

Shouldn't be a problem if only a couple of days.

But your situation is completely different to the reason why I opened this topic as I am not leaving Thailand.

I am just not be able to visit my IO to do my 90 day report because I will be around 500km away (but still in Thailand)