where to watch movies online

stupidfarang

11 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

How can people watch TV shows and movies on small phone screens? (SMH)

Isn't your TV online?

I guess people also "cast" the image from their phone to the TV.

My issue with these sites is that they must reencode the files, they would take too much space on their servers and use up too much bandwidth otherwise, they must look pretty bad on a TV. I don't know how people can use these pirate streaming sites, especially when spending decent money on a large TV, but each to their own.

57 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Isn't your TV online?

Yes, my TV is connected online thru my PC.

I use sites that are free and don't require any android APK sw or anything else for viewing.

Been streaming for years and prior to that used torrents.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

A 10" tablet gives the same viewing size as a 55" TV.

???? And the picture quality is better. My tablet has OLED, my TV not. Of course if I would watch the movies on the tablet from a distance of 3 meters, that wouldn't be possible. But it is pretty close. What I have to admit, I have more "cinema feeling" if I use the TV. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mickeymaus said:

???? And the picture quality is better. My tablet has OLED, my TV not. Of course if I would watch the movies on the tablet from a distance of 3 meters, that wouldn't be possible. But it is pretty close. What I have to admit, I have more "cinema feeling" if I use the TV. 

Upgrade your TV.....  I went from Plasma to LCD to LED and now OLED......  sizes also increased over the years.

5 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Better control? Better control of what? Decreasing your eyesight?

switching between apps is much quicker on a tablet, also can use earphones for better sound easier.

Not sure about your eyesight point, people are using smartphones all day long. I have to use glasses for my 55", no glasses for tablet

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

I have many movies legally downloaded. My source is "onlinetvrecorder.com". For about 20 Euros a year you can download there German, English, French and I think Spanish movies. For German content for instance you can download almost everything that was shown on TV in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. You can't download anything that wasn't shown on TV. There is also streaming available but I prefer to download. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Upgrade your TV.....  I went from Plasma to LCD to LED and now OLED......  sizes also increased over the years.

I need and have a 3D TV. I bought one of the last ones available. My biggest fear is that it dies. There is no replacement possible. Without 3D I would use my tablet and no TV at all. Why 3D? A long story... 

6 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

I need and have a 3D TV. I bought one of the last ones available. My biggest fear is that it dies. There is no replacement possible. Without 3D I would use my tablet and no TV at all. Why 3D? A long story... 

I considered 3D years ago but opted not to for a couple reasons:

- Big bulky glasses needed and costly for extra glasses on some models

- Lack of media recorded in 3D

Looking back, I am happy I didn't go with 3D.

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

switching between apps is much quicker on a tablet, also can use earphones for better sound easier.

Not sure about your eyesight point, people are using smartphones all day long. I have to use glasses for my 55", no glasses for tablet

I have no issues switching apps using my PC/TV. I have a wireless mini keyboard and mouse. 

While I don't use them too often I have used wireless earbuds while watching shows on the TV.

Need glasses for your TV? That tells me you have eyesight problems to begin with. I take it you are then required to wear glasses (contact lenses) while driving. I have great eyesight other than the old age issue of needing reading glasses. (Unless the font is large enough.)

1 minute ago, dingdongrb said:

I considered 3D years ago but opted not to for a couple reasons:

- Big bulky glasses needed and costly for extra glasses on some models

- Lack of media recorded in 3D

Looking back, I am happy I didn't go with 3D.

I have a 3D camera. And also if you switch on the 2D to 3D conversion at 4K videos you get excellent 3D. The higher the resolution the better the result. But this TV was not the cheapest one.

Most 3D movies were converted from 2D to 3D afterwards. And I could make an experiment with you. I display two photos on the TV - one from the 3D camera and a converted one. Even for me it is often not possible to tell which one is converted. 

But this kind of 3D is not for everyone. Some get headache. So far none of my friends had problems. Only one couldn't see 3D and a doctor told him afterwards that he needs an eye operation (lens replacement). He didn't realise this so much before. 

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

I have no issues switching apps using my PC/TV. I have a wireless mini keyboard and mouse. 

While I don't use them too often I have used wireless earbuds while watching shows on the TV.

Need glasses for your TV? That tells me you have eyesight problems to begin with. I take it you are then required to wear glasses (contact lenses) while driving. I have great eyesight other than the old age issue of needing reading glasses. (Unless the font is large enough.)

short sighted, only use glasses for TV sometimes like golf tournaments so i can see score easily. Glad I'm not long sighted, pain putting glasses on for short distance all the time

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I often watch on tablet / large phone and the picture size isn't a problem. The strain on the eyes can be though. Watching a large TV at a distance is easier on the eyes.

I still do both though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seppius said:

I must be old-fashioned, I still use torrents to download everything I want, a 1 GB download speed helps

I with you on that as well as the Popcorntime app on the desktop. To be honest though the amount of movies I watch now is far, far less than it use to be. My entertainment of choice is now through Getflix and the iPlayer/ITVX/Ch4/Ch5 streaming services. Dropouts are also a thing of the past.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, recom273 said:

My issue with these sites is that they must reencode the files, they would take too much space on their servers and use up too much bandwidth otherwise, they must look pretty bad on a TV. I don't know how people can use these pirate streaming sites, especially when spending decent money on a large TV, but each to their own

You are looking in the wrong place. I have never looked for 8K but certainly seen 4K movies on Kodi with file sizes in excess of 30Gb. I can't watch them unless I download, but that is down to the internet connection and nothing to do with file size or TV.

It is always each to their own. 

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

According to chatGT:

No, a 10 inch tablet does not have the same viewing size as a 55 inch TV. The viewing size, or the size of the image that you see on the screen, is determined by both the screen size and the distance between the screen and the viewer.

Assuming that you are sitting at the same distance from both the tablet and the TV, the image on the 55 inch TV would appear much larger than the image on the 10 inch tablet. This is because the TV has a much larger screen size, and therefore, the image it displays is much bigger.

In general, larger screens allow for a more immersive viewing experience, especially when it comes to movies or sports. However, the portability and convenience of a tablet make it a great option for on-the-go entertainment or for personal use, such as reading or browsing the web.