Woman Fuming At Getting An Old Engine In A New Pickup She Bought In Cash

webfact

image.jpeg

by TNR Staff 

A YOUNG woman asked the Rayong Photographers and Media Club for help after finding out that a pickup truck she bought in cash two years ago was in fact fitted with an old engine and chassis, Matichon newspaper said today (Feb. 19).

Ms Jindarat (surname withheld), 26, asked the media for justice because no progress had been made to the complaint she lodged to the car centre on this deception.

She showed documents to verify that on March 16, 2020 she and her mother Ms. Wanta, went to this car centre and bought the four-door black pickup truck for 627,000 baht.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/02/19/woman-fuming-at-getting-an-old-engine-in-a-new-pickup-she-bought-in-cash/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-02-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, webfact said:

in fact fitted with an old engine and chassis,

Maybe the headline should read ' old engine and chasse fitted with new body' rather than the other way around, but it's all depend what it says on the sale document, and the motor registration office should have told her that she bought an old motor and chasse.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Quote:

“I never met the executives, everytime they say they are not here and have gone overseas. I don’t know who to ask for help. I saved money to buy this vehicle only to be cheated by a standard dealership… I urge the Thailand executives of this car company to take care of this issue, I want them to accept responsibility and give me a new vehicle,” she said.

Never trust a sales person..

• Like 1

I've bought so many used lemons.    Work great for like 6 months, one was covered under some weird warranty, ended up selling them all.     It's NEVER the obvious lemon, but you know they lie to you and something will go wrong and they never tell you everything so you have to tell yourself the price "discount" makes up for it.   nah.   New BMW's were not cheap.  I've owned five of them.

yea, I probably "lost" like $60,000 on cars, but I guess I liked the status symbol (worth about $10,000 because some girls liked them).   My most expensive car got zero compliments.  lol.  

• Confused 4

How mysterious????

As the transaction was taking place one of the dealers, identified as Ms. Kornpraphas, asked “why don’t you give the customer a new vehicle?” 

Then on Jan. 30, 2023 upon the pick-up truck’s clutch having worn out she took it to the same car centre for repair as it was still within the warranty period. 

However a mechanic there told her that the warranty had expired because this vehicle was sold in 2018. This surprised her as she had only bought it in 2020.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

How was this not picked up when the vehicle was registered in her own name?

Chassis and engine numbers are both checked at the DLT before the name is officially changed in the log book.

Unless you bribe the government officials not to check.

And with a 'new' car it will be 5+ years before anyone looks again.

Edited by BritManToo

Perhaps a similar feeling to taking home what appears to a super hot Thai gal and finding out whats under the hood doesn't match the panel-work ... she isn't a girl at all?!!?

Disclaimer: I have zero knowledge of such things happening personally I just heard it that someone I knew who knew someone who knew someone apparently had this happen to them lol ????????

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2023 at 7:41 AM, ezzra said:

Maybe the headline should read ' old engine and chasse fitted with new body' rather than the other way around, but it's all depend what it says on the sale document, and the motor registration office should have told her that she bought an old motor and chasse.

Exactly. The engine and chassis are the vehicle. It's an old pick up with refurbished bodywork. 

• Like 1

At 627,000 Baht ,for 4 door  Ford , it was not a brand new vehicle , second hand,

but she wanted new engine ,unless the dealer sold it as NEW , and that could be

hard to prove.

who was the seller  Arthur Daley 

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

On 2/20/2023 at 7:41 AM, Dmaxdan said:

How was this not picked up when the vehicle was registered in her own name?

Chassis and engine numbers are both checked at the DLT before the name is officially changed in the log book.

Maybe the Dealer had already registered it with the 'new' details. :coffee1: