PM Confident in Economic Recovery

webfact

" Mr. Anucha said that in the first four months of fiscal 2023, the government was able to collect 836.6 billion baht of net revenue. The figure was about 91 billion baht or 12.3% in excess of projections, reflecting the robustness of the Thai economy and the country’s fiscal stability. "

Revenue collected soon to be boosted by an easy tax on demand at all entry points and can be subject to inflation for future years.

Edited by userabcd
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, webfact said:

This resulted in the government’s revenue collection exceeding the target by 91 billion baht in the first 4 months of fiscal 2023.

Confused.

The Thai Revenue Department, i.e. tax man (for income tax) works on the calendar year, how can they make that statement in month 2?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

5 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Confused.

The Thai Revenue Department, i.e. tax man (for income tax) works on the calendar year, how can they make that statement in month 2?

They're all wise and knowing. 

????

9 hours ago, userabcd said:

" Mr. Anucha said that in the first four months of fiscal 2023, the government was able to collect 836.6 billion baht of net revenue. The figure was about 91 billion baht or 12.3% in excess of projections, reflecting the robustness of the Thai economy and the country’s fiscal stability. "

Revenue collected soon to be boosted by an easy tax on demand at all entry points and can be subject to inflation for future years.

That may work in the short term but the more you tax visitors on entry the less visitors you get.

Firstly you must make the country attractive and reasonably priced to visit in the first place.

That means getting rid of the scams and corruption at all points. You also need a completely trustworthy police force, and justice system.

Tourism will recover, make no mistake.  That's easy - it came back from nothing.  ????  The pent up demand is nearly over for this year and the hot season is coming.  Next year will be interesting.  It won't be 40 million.  I mean it could be... but I sincerely doubt it.