My husband of 48 years keeps disappearing to Thailand and sending hundreds of pounds there every month - but when I question him he says it's 'none of my business'

webfact

A post with all caps has been reported and removed. 

5. Do not post text with all capital letters or with over-sized fonts, all bold font, non-standard fonts, colored fonts or unusually large emojis. Do not use emojis or any other form of graphics in the title of your poll or topic.

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

I just do not agree with blaming the woman, whose character you don't know, for her husband's philandering. He could just be selfish person who wants to think that a young woman finds him attractive (if we want to play the guessing game). I doubt anyone thinks of Thailand first as the answer to marriage problems. He could go to the pub, go to visit a mate or just go to another room and read a book. He is just asking to get ripped off for his hubris. I hope Julie screws him for everything. And no, I am not a woman.

If nobody finds him attractive, then nobody will go with him.

The question is obviously: Is a guy only attractive if he is a young hunk or is he is Jeff Bezos? Why can't a "normal guy" be attractive? I guess many normal people are married to other normal people.

And why would a guy who pays for a service care if the person who gets paid finds him attractive? Who cares? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, connda said:

When your husband leaves - book your own tour.

Female sex tourism 

The poor old dear is ready to kick the bucket.

I don't reckon the old duck is looking for sex tourism. 

Edited by Cricky

1 hour ago, connda said:

When your husband leaves - book your own tour.

Female sex tourism destination:
Greece, Italy, Spain and Croatia in Southern Europe to various Caribbean Islands such as the Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Cuba, it is something that occurs in various pockets of the world. Costa Rica, Thailand, Fiji, the Gambia, Kenya

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, JCauto said:

You may want to consider where the post came from - I don't believe the 70yo British woman specifically came to post her story on Thaivisa, it's a reprint of a newspaper article. Now that would be...foolish? Stupid? Where might you be on the list? No wonder you came here looking for other female companionship. Absolutely dumb post.

"No wonder you came here looking for other female companionship"...... where did I ever say that? 

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There are two sides to every story. Personally, I don't understand why he wouldn't just get a divorce. But, it is very possible he has not had sex at home in years. And there could be multiple issues. She would be smart to just let him do his thing. 

And if your wife was doing the same thing you'd be ok with just letting her "do her thing" I suppose.

20 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This guy in  the story is being probably being unfaithful and spending money on prostitutes.

The guy in the story is at fault , not his Wife

How do you know?

Maybe she has expected him to be celibate for the last few decades while enjoying the benefits of married life with him.

17 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

He wants his cake and eat it too. The fun Thai life and the security of home. Don't cop it lady. Divorce him while the money's there.

Or deep down after 48 years she may be happy to have him out of her hair but needs him to be respectful, use discretion and not embarrass her, and spend a defined reasonable amount. 

She probability wants her cake and to eat it too: the benefits of married life without any sexual responsibility.

A few decades of that would send any man to Thailand for the trollops, and rightly so.

Edited by 2009

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He is at the age where he is expected to be celibate 

Its unnatural for guys his age to want to have sex 

Evidently not. 

And she may have imposed celibacy on him many decades ago. They've been married 50 years!

You don't know what drove this man to Thailand.

6 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Evidently not. 

And she may have imposed celibacy on him many decades ago. They've been married 50 years!

You don't know what drove this man to Thailand.

I can take a bloody good guess why he goes to Thailand and it isnt for the Pad Thai .

Wifes are not just there for the purpose of somewhere to put your knob

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

She would be smart to just let him do his thing. 

It's the money she cares about.

He sends money to another woman every month and perhaps she's bothered by his travel expenses too.

It's always about the money with broads.

I am sure - at her age - she doesn't care what he does with his willy.

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I can take a bloody good guess why he goes to Thailand and it isnt for the Pad Thai .

You could make detective ????

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wifes are not just there for the purpose of somewhere to put your knob

No, but it's supposed to be part of a marriage, isn't it?

7 minutes ago, 2009 said:

You could make detective ????

No, but it's supposed to be part of a marriage, isn't it?

No I don't think that you can have sex against a woman's will, just because you are married to them .

You cannot legally rape a woman just because you have a bit of paper from a church with both your names on it 

• Sad 1

On 2/22/2023 at 9:21 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

I did mean that She isn't a Thai Wife like Thai wife's in Thailand , like being reliant on the man to provide .

Husbands in the UK cannot just walk out without facing a hefty divorce , like they can in Thailand  and you are assuming that they own their own house and there might not be a house to sell 

"Husbands in the UK cannot just walk out without facing a hefty divorce , like they can in Thailand"

Usually in Thailand society, when husbands (official or not) walk out, they walk out with nothing. And btw, very often they don't "walk out" but get kicked out by their wives (official or not).

30 minutes ago, kwilco said:

OMG! You're an incel!

Nah, I don't qualify as an incel as not young and I have no problem with sexually active men, though I am jealous.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=incel+meaning

incel

/ˈɪnsɛl/

noun

noun: incel; plural noun: incels

a member of an online community of young men who consider themselves unable to attract women sexually, typically associated with views that are hostile towards women and men who are sexually active.

"self-identified incels have used the internet to find anonymous support"

3 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

"Husbands in the UK cannot just walk out without facing a hefty divorce , like they can in Thailand"

Usually in Thailand society, when husbands (official or not) walk out, they walk out with nothing. And btw, very often they don't "walk out" but get kicked out by their wives (official or not).

5555 They are entitled to 50 % of anything acquired during the marriage. However, they may choose to not go to family court and just get a quicky divorce at the amphur office.

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What if it's his house?

Most couples this age have little or no positive feelings for each other, they just co-habit and share housing costs.

Tell him the same... why be a prisoner in someone else's house.

He goes to Thailand she has a garage sale... everything goes.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm not up with the labels, and I'm just me, myself, though I think I may have taken the black pill.

Your attitude in that post is not mitigated by claiming you are being labelled - try another - misogynist. 

• Like 1

There are far too few details in this story to pose any relevant answers, (IMO). 

Details like: How many times has he made these spontaneous trips? Whose money is it? How does she know that he sends money, and how much, to Thailand? How does she know he goes to Thailand? What is their relationship beyond "married"? What are the real potential outcomes of divorce in GB if all assets are in the name of one spouse? What happens if the key doesn't open the door when he returns.

Apparently he doesn't care what she does so the ball is in her court.

43 minutes ago, Tengu said:

There are far too few details in this story to pose any relevant answers, (IMO). 

Apparently he doesn't care what she does so the ball is in her court.

Details is out of interest, because everyone speaks from their own experiences in this tread, as usual, with no care what is the reality ????

• Thanks 1