More luxury stolen cars from UK seized in DSI probe - Porsche at showroom, Mini Cooper at Bangkok condo

webfact

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No...really?  Someone should do an OP about that.

There is a well known scam where luxury grey importers target HiSo Thais & Thai  students studying in the UK, they give them the deposit for Hire Purchase and then the gang steal the vehicles, importing them to Thailand.  Meanwhile the student claims off the insurance policy and makes a bit of pocket money for his help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am curious about who pays for the shipping costs back to the country the vehicle is stolen from?

If the owner is reimbursed by the insurance company and the vehicle is returned to them, do they have to pay the insurance company back (I assume they would have to)? 

Edited by radiochaser

50 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

I am curious about who pays for the shipping costs back to the country the vehicle is stolen from?

If the owner is reimbursed by the insurance company and the vehicle is returned to them, do they have to pay the insurance company back (I assume they would have to)? 

The insurance company would be the owner.

• Like 1

For a stolen cars to clear customs both in the UK and here obviously takes a lot of connections and under the table payments and more then few crocked men, we know that in Thailand this is not a problem but seems that the UK has its fair share of bent officials as well.

Edited by ezzra

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

For a stolen cars to clear customs both in the UK and here obviously takes a lot of connections and under the table payments and more then few crocked men, we know that in Thailand this is not a problem but seems that the UK has its fair share of bent officials as well.

The car thieves disassemble  the cars in the U.K and send them over in parts and them reassemble them when the parts arrive to avoid any documentation 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

They dont clear customs.